Which rides are seasonal?

back2disney

DIS Veteran
I plan on going to DLR & DCA in December. Are there water rides or other attractions that will be closed because of the weather during this time? Thanks.

no - there are no seasonal rides in terms of weather. Some rides close when it rains for safety reasons - but the water rides do not shut down when the temp drops

Besides stormy weather related, they could be closed for refurbishment. Those are all listed on the calendar on the DL site.

The two main water rides are Splash Mtn at DL and Grizzly River Run at DCA. Neither shut down, but I understand that GRR can set how wild the ride is. In warmer months the ride is wilder and you get more wet, and in colder months the ride more tame with less chance of getting as wet.

The great thing about December is the lines for both of these rides will be much shorter then usual. The crazy thing is Splash Mtn. really does not get you that wet - and like a previous poster - GRR can be controlled so you don't drown when it is cold outside. While these don't deal with the water, Haunted Mansion and Small World are both seasonal in that they will be redone for their special holiday version.

dizzyami said:
- GRR can be controlled so you don't drown when it is cold outside. QUOTE]

maybe you wont drown but trust me...you get way more wet in the winter months on that ride than you do other times of the year... :sick:

If you are not going during peak Christmas times the Sailing Ship Comulbia and/or the Davy Crocket Canoes may not be open. These are open weekends and peak seasons only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter