Which signature dining restaurants should I pick?

HTH1939

Earning My Ears
So i've been busy sorting out my dining reservations for September and i'm struggling to work out which signature restaurants to visit during my trip. I went in 2018 and fell in love with Citricos, The Hollywood Brown Derby and California Grill. For this trip i'm hoping to spread my wings and try some new places while revisiting some old favourites. At the moment i've booked...

. Morimoto Asia
. Jaleo
. Jiko - The Dining Place
. Citricos
. The Hollywood Brown Derby
. Tiffins
. Monsieur Paul
. California Grill
. Flying Fish

Have I missed anything? Are there any must visit signature dining spots that i've missed? I've heard Boathouse, Narcoossees and Yachtsman Steakhouse are meant to be incredible, would any of those be worth adding onto the list? Also does anyone know the status of the Citricos refurb? I loved it in 2018, but i'm tempted to drop it for one of the three I just mentioned. If it changes to Victoria and Alberts bistro I might be tempted to keep it. Quick note, i'm on the dining plan so unfortunately no Swan and Dolphin restaurants. Thanks for the help!

I think that you should fit at least one your three choices in. They are all great, just different experiences!

I'd add Narcoossee's to the list, especially if you like whole Maine lobster.

The Hollywood Brown Derby, while good in the past, has fallen down quite a number of notches in my own ratings, after two less than stellar meals.

Yachtsman is no better nor worse than your local steak house. Unless you really like steak, it's one you can skip.

I don't understand the Boathouse at all. I've eaten there twice. Yes, it's quite lovely, but the food isn't anything to write home about.

I can vouch for Jaleo and Flying Fish. I've visited both recently. Great options.

Actually, I'm in love with Jaleo and visit the various locations here in the DC area all the time. Wonderful meat and cheese platters, lovely paella. Fantastic tapas and wines.

Flying Fish is just great for seafood of course.

I'm really fond of Narcoossee's as well. Great seafood options there too.

I don't know about the WDW Morimoto, but the one in Las Vegas is the bee's knees. Fresh sushi and fancy sake, heck yeah!

Le Cellier is pretty awesome in my book. Yeah, it's just a nice steakhouse. But around where I live, more and more old-timey classic non-chain steakhouses are closing. The proprietors are getting old and dying. I swear they're being re-opened as fly by night churches, so weird.

Citricos op is being rethemed and was set to close for the redo May 17th. Not sure what it’s status will be when reopened

Looks like good list and includes many of our favorites.
Not knowing what will happen with the Citricos redo, I would be inclined to delete that and put in Narcoossees.

Thanks everyone! Great to hear that i've made the right decisions. So i'm now thinking of cancelling Citricos and adding both Narcoossee's and The Boathouse to my itinerary. Sounds like a pretty decent line-up! Anyone else have this problem where during the stay at home order they keep on going back to their dining plans and make slight changes?

We have become real fans of Morimoto's at DS. It's currently the only restaurant that is close to a must-do for us each trip - love the food, service, and restaurant. We also recently got to experience Tiffins, and had an excellent experience - we'll definitely return. Another one on your list, Jiko, is also a place we recommend to friends - one of the most interesting dining experiences we've had at Disney. Great food and drink options..

Really looking forward to these places opening up again and allowing us to enjoy them again. Good luck with your selections.

Thanks everyone! Great to hear that i've made the right decisions. So i'm now thinking of cancelling Citricos and adding both Narcoossee's and The Boathouse to my itinerary. Sounds like a pretty decent line-up! Anyone else have this problem where during the stay at home order they keep on going back to their dining plans and make slight changes?
Great choices! I am very partial to your three choices: Narcoossee's (Proposed that night) great food, atmosphere and view. Boathouse (rehearsal dinner) great food and we love sitting on the deck to view the water. Yachtsmans (Wedding day dinner) excellent steak, service and we love the area/Crew's Cup lounge before or after for an adult beverage. ENJOY!

Topolino's Terrace is one worth adding to your list. It's my favorite restaurant on property at the moment.

I have been to Narcoosse's multiple times and am going again in October. Always great food and great service, so that would be my choice to add.

Topolino's Terrace is one worth adding to your list. It's my favorite restaurant on property at the moment.
I agree. I would do this over the Brown Derby. Quick Skyliner ride from DHS that evening and you are there. Really good stuff, great service, and a fantastic view.

Consider Takumi Tei is you want an experience dinner. And I am headed to Topolino's my next trip and maybe Citrico's. I keep canceling Citrico's but may finally keep it this time. I also enjoyed Flying Fish

We LOVE flying fish. We only are there so my husband could get the tomahawk and I wasn't really excited about it. It ended up being one of my absolutely favorites in all of wdw.
Our other favorite is Boathouse. We loved everything we got. The oysters were amazing, it was my first time having them and I had So much fun with the server picking which ones to try. The avocado crab appetizer is fantastic. My DH loved his steak. It's a new must do.
I really want to try Topolinos on or next trip.

We weren't impressed with Yachtsman. It's a one and done for us. The food wasn't bad but not worth using 2 credits. I know it's a favorite for others though so you may love it.

My favorite signatures are Flying Fish and Jiko. California Grill and Narcoossee's would be next on my list.

I really enjoyed California Grill. The view is amazing, especially at sunset. The fireworks are cool from up there, not as good as being in the park, but its fun to get a different vantage point.
It is probably my favorite restaurant at Disney.
I haven't been to the others on your list.
I did go to Ohana once and that was really good, but it seems to get mixed reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter