Which socks to prevent blisters?

Not a sock recommendation, but I’ve found using a spray antiperspirant on my feet helps prevent blisters. I’m a runner and AP holder here in Florida and do that if I’m going to be in sneakers for more than a couple hours. Alternately, I wear tevas and don’t have blister issues.

I love the socks by Ecco and Saucony. I tend to get blisters on the bottoms of my feet if I don’t rotate shoes twice a day. I wear Brooks Glycerin with custom orthotics and rotate into Birkinstock Mayari and Merrell Terran Post sandals. Also I throw in an odd choice of Vans to break up wearing tennis shoes all day. Haven’t had a blister at WDW since I started this.

I am blister prone. I would bet them every trip. Years ago Feetures socks were recommended to me on this board and no more blisters!! They are worth the price.

I also like to wear Croc Athens or Birkenstocks. I don’t get blisters in those either.

I recommend using hydrocolloid gel bandages on any areas that may blister/have already blistered. I’ve always had great luck with these. I’ve also liked bringing a second pair of socks to be able to change into a dry pair midway through the day.

Wrightsock.

Discovered the double layer socks when I was running marathons and swear by them for theme parks. Pricey, but I'm still wearing pairs I bought years ago (I've found the color socks tend to wear out faster than the all white socks).

Rotating shoes is also a great tip.

Injinji Ultra-Run Toe Socks are fantastic if your problem is humidity & friction. Before I discovered them I had to pre-wrap most of my toes with bandaids before I even started any serious walking, just to delay the blisters for a couple days.

Not a sock recommendation, but I’ve found using a spray antiperspirant on my feet helps prevent blisters. I’m a runner and AP holder here in Florida and do that if I’m going to be in sneakers for more than a couple hours. Alternately, I wear tevas and don’t have blister issues.
Second this ........... did this last trip daily and 0 blisters or sore spots even when walking 30k steps a day .... shoes are always Asics with some added gel insoles. Can get a small can at a dollar store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter