White Chili recipe

UP Disney

Now known as Disney Yooper
Last week, there was a Chili Challenge as a fund raiser for the local United Way. My DD tried a white chili that she loved. I've never had it before. It is made with chicken and doesn't have a tomato base - not sure what it is instead but is white in color (hence the name). Do any of you have a good recipe for this? I wanted to try to make it sometime because she doesn't like traditional chili.

Here is the version that I make in a crock pot.

2 cans Progresso cannellini beans
2 cooked and shredded chilcken breasts
1 can chicken broth
1 can chopped green chilis
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

Place all in crock pot on low 4 - 6 hours. Serve with Monterey Jack cheese and green onions. Good with cornbread!

Thanks. I want to give this a try and see if my DD likes it. I like that it is a crock pot recipe. I'm trying to do more crock pot cooking.

Vicki,
I too love white chili. A local cafe serves the best. The owner shared her recipe with me. It is easy and fast and so yummy.

1 8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
1 8 oz pepperjack cheese, cubed
1 jar salsa, as hot as you like
4 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1 large jar great northern beans
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1/2 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. tarragon
Mix together in a large saucepan and heat over low heat. After cheeses are melted and soup is hot it is ready to serve. I serve it with sliced green onions and tortilla chips.
This is easy to make in a crock-pot. Load everything in the crock and heat on low for 2 hours. Stir it occasionally. :stir:

DeborahA said:
Vicki,
I too love white chili. A local cafe serves the best. The owner shared her recipe with me. It is easy and fast and so yummy.

1 8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
1 8 oz pepperjack cheese, cubed
1 jar salsa, as hot as you like
4 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1 large jar great northern beans
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1/2 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. tarragon
Mix together in a large saucepan and heat over low heat. After cheeses are melted and soup is hot it is ready to serve. I serve it with sliced green onions and tortilla chips.
This is easy to make in a crock-pot. Load everything in the crock and heat on low for 2 hours. Stir it occasionally. :stir:

I'll have to give this one a try as well. Thanks so much. Hopefully, my DD will like one of these. I'm sure that I will like all of them. I think I'm going to put a shopping list together now. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter