Who’s excited about the Barbie movie?

Almost got tickets to see Barbie again today. Going to Haunted Mansion instead. Hopefully it’s not a let down.

The official running time is just UNDER 114 minutes. Less than 2 hrs-perfect!

I purchased a ticket for 2:25 showing and at 2:45 we still had STUPID ads blowing up the screen.

My daughter(24) and I are thinking about seeing it together on Thursday. Do all the theaters showing it have the Barbie Box or other decorations up? Trying to see it at a “fun” theater.

Once I know where we’re seeing it, I’ll get the tickets in advance. She’s bringing a pink outfit for it too!

My daughter(24) and I are thinking about seeing it together on Thursday. Do all the theaters showing it have the Barbie Box or other decorations up? Trying to see it at a “fun” theater.

Once I know where we’re seeing it, I’ll get the tickets in advance. She’s bringing a pink outfit for it too!
One of our theatre locations had lots of posters but did not have the box. The night my sister & I were there, one group of girls had brought w/ them box “frames” that they had made, & they were having pictures made w/ their box frames.

Last night, DH & I went to see ”Mission Impossible” at a different theatre, & this particular theatre not only didn’t have the box - but they also had way less posters than the other theatre which was a bit disappointing since my daughter & I are planning to go to this theatre this week to see “Barbie.”

Heard mixed reviews, but some whose opinions I trust said they loved it.

What interested me about it is, at least from what I get from the trailer, it's not so much just a narrative within the "Barbie Universe" (the world where all those hideous, vapid Barbie animated movies come from) but commentary about the dolls as well. That's something you don't get from the GI Joe movies.

Won't be doing the Barbenheimer thing, that's just too long a stretch. I love the idea of two films from separate studios, each featuring something that's had a broad cultural effect, both cooperatively promoting eachother.

BTW, I kid you not:

The word is Mattel is now planning to expand this "universe" with movies about other toys. Masters of the Universe makes sense, they've had a movie before. Barney, Thomas the Train, ok ok ....

But Mattel also is set on American Girl (probably a bunch of girls whose parents died in incredibly tragic circumstances), and freakin' UNO, Magic Eightball, and Viewmaster....?!

UNO the movie. Apparently they've read our letters.

So I thought, what about Hasbro, home of GI Joe and Transformers, and Battleship?
Apparently they own the D&D and Power Rangers licenses, but Hasbro has confirmed to be planning movies about M.A.S.K. (the 80's toy line featuring transforming vehicles, not Rocky Dennis- which was not as popular a toy line), and Monopoly and Play-Doh.

Monopoly, ok, maybe? But Play-Doh the movie??

I went to see Barbie today with my husband. He wasn’t crazy about it (didn’t think he would be lol), but I really enjoyed it. I didn’t think the ending was unhappy either.

Did you like it?

I liked the Barbie movie. I didn't really want to see Haunted Mansion, but it was too hot to do any outdoor activities, so we went to see Haunted Mansion and I LOVED it!!
Also liked the Barbie movie. It wasn't what I expected but I appreciated the storyline and how they did it. So much, so true! While my DD didn't play with Barbies as much, they were absolutely the core of my childhood. The attention to Barbie detail was very cool.

Saw Haunted Mansion (in my blood) Sunday with family and LOVED it! So many details, so many nods to the ride, so many gaps (to me anyway) filled in, great casting and acting, some surprises. Loved it! DS and I are going again on Friday (love big screen). I am sure I missed so much so excited to go again and study the details.

Last edited:
There's some media buzz now about how Ryan Gosling's performance could be oscar worthy as supporting.. At first I would have rolled my eyes but the more I think about it. He somehow pulled a character off that in most cases an actor would have made it cringe worthery to not cringe worthy. when I think about it I want to see the movie again but really only the Ken parts.. He did comehow create a "Ken" character not just a blond beach poster boy.
We saw it the Saturday it opened and I have been saying it ever since. He totally deserves an Oscar for that performance. DH and I saw it. He liked it, I LOVED It. I will be seeing one or two more times. My friend now wants to go, after having zero interest, so I will go with her. And my 30 year old DS wants to see it, so I will go with him too.

The Valley Girl thing has me mystified. Nothing about Barbie or it's trailers, were anything like Valley Girl?? That is one of my all time favorites, I can probably recite most of it by heart. Two incredibly different movies.

We were looking forward to Indiana Jones- my husband is a huge fan of the movies. But, we both thought it dragged in spots. I actually fell asleep on and off.

We are currently in a holding pattern to see Indiana Jones, which means it will be a couple more weeks before we see Barbie. I was exhausted last week after work and didn't want to sit through a really long movie that seems to drag in spots. I didn't know Indiana Jones is two and a half hours long. 😲 (Thanks for the warning.)

In the meantime, I did find I have something Barbie pink to wear when we see Barbie. :teeth: A couple months ago I was working a fashion show. They gave us Barbie pink color tops 👚 & belt bags to wear. At the last minute the producers changed their minds and had us wear something else but didn't take back the pink stuff since they had already budgeted out for it. I totally forgot I had them until I happened to be cleaning out my closet.

We are currently in a holding pattern to see Indiana Jones, which means it will be a couple more weeks before we see Barbie. I was exhausted last week after work and didn't want to sit through a really long movie that seems to drag in spots. I didn't know Indiana Jones is two and a half hours long. 😲 (Thanks for the warning.)

In the meantime, I did find I have something Barbie pink to wear when we see Barbie. :teeth: A couple months ago I was working a fashion show. They gave us Barbie pink color tops 👚 & belt bags to wear. At the last minute the producers changed their minds and had us wear something else but didn't take back the pink stuff since they had already budgeted out for it. I totally forgot I had them until I happened to be cleaning out my closet.
You’re all set to be pretty in pink at the Barbie movie!

And honestly the me falling asleep thing at Indiana Jones may have been due to the full belly, comfy recliner and warm blanket I bring to the movies. It’s a killer combination.

It does drag in parts but you will make it through just fine.

Just saw Barbie yesterday with my 64 yr old sister. $5 matinee btw. (Haven't been to a theater in years!)

Our opinion: the Kens definitely made the movie!! Didn't really know who Ryan Gosling is but NO one else could have played that part as well as he did. And forever a Will Farrell fan.

My sister and I loved the "depressed" Barbie scene but on the way home decided Mattel needs to do a Grandma Barbie but maybe they already have.:confused3

It was a fun movie. Glad we went. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter