Who does long Disney stays?

Mermaid02

DIS Veteran
I just booked us 10 nights next year. I always feel so rushed and "got to fit it all in" my hubby suggested a longer stay. We will be at Shades of Green so not really on property but still able to use the transportation. What do your days look like when you do a longer stay?

We always do no less than eight nights but I’m not sure if that’s considered a long trip or not. Probably not, according to others’ posts.

Last edited:

9 nights/10 days is our favorite trip and the one we do most often. We don't do less than 8 nights/9 days. We get tickets for each day and typically do 2 days at each park and then the other extra days wherever we want to go back to. Usually HS and EP. Our last day is a partial park day, almost always at EP, and we leave to start the drive home whenever we feel like it, usually by 4:00. We get water park tickets and try to hit those as our afternoon break at least 3 days. We don't tend to hop much, although we did a "4 parks in 1 day" day on our last trip and that was a lot of fun. We are always at the parks at opening and almost always there at closing; we take a break in the afternoon even though nobody needs a nap except me :)

We did one "rest day" last year where we didn't go to a park at all, and we will never do it again. It worked well because we had to have the windshield replaced in our car due to a thrown rock on the way down, but that was the only good thing about it. DH had to take it, they didn't have availability to come to us and change it.

Except for our first trip and our trip last week, we stay 10-14 days. My family loves longer trips; more time to relax.

My dh has 50/50 custody so that’s not possible for us. Even during summer vacation it’s 2 7 day weeks that aren’t concurrent. We’re also struggling with going to Europe because of it:( I’m super jealous of you guys who can. I never could previously when I had a corporate job either, so I just enjoy our shorter trips knowing we’ll be back and don’t have to do it all on that particular trip.

My dh has 50/50 custody so that’s not possible for us. Even during summer vacation it’s 2 7 day weeks that aren’t concurrent.
Is your DH's ex unwilling to allow any change to the current custody agreement for something like this? We want to go to Europe can we have the children for these 2 weeks instead of 2 seprate 1 week periods.
I had full legal & physical custody of my girls, with their father having every other weekend vistitation. But we still were willing to make changes for special occasions. He took them to Disneyland when it wasn't his time. I took the girls to Walt Disney World that over lapped his visitation. I couldn't imagine being so rigged that it would take away from something special for the children.

Almost always 14 nights.....I'm doing 17 this January. Part with a friend and then with DH.....this is WDW

DLR we always spend 5 nights

Is your DH's ex unwilling to allow any change to the current custody agreement for something like this? We want to go to Europe can we have the children for these 2 weeks instead of 2 seprate 1 week periods.
I had full legal & physical custody of my girls, with their father having every other weekend vistitation. But we still were willing to make changes for special occasions. He took them to Disneyland when it wasn't his time. I took the girls to Walt Disney World that over lapped his visitation. I couldn't imagine being so rigged that it would take away from something special for the children.

Well you got me crying now.

No. She won’t. It’s an ugly situation and not for the best interest of the kids. The custody order is law. They are no longer together because she caught a felony dv charge against dh and somehow holds that against him. She won’t even let them get passports. I pray every night that things will one day improve. We would love to have a relationship with her like what you describe. It’s be so much better for the kids and that’s what should matter.

My dd and I used to do 10 day trips. Always with a hopper. So I'd book meals where we'd want to go, book fastpasses where/when I could get them, then relax and enjoy going whichever way we felt like at the moment. It was wonderful. So much of the best parts of Disney is not about the rides.

Our fall and spring trips are restricted to about 6 days due to our kids school schedules. When we go at a Christmas we stay anywhere from 10-14 days. We’ve done two three week trips in the past. We take it slower, enjoy downtime, and hit water parks occasionally.

Our fall and spring trips are restricted to about 6 days due to our kids school schedules. When we go at a Christmas we stay anywhere from 10-14 days. We’ve done two three week trips in the past. We take it slower, enjoy downtime, and hit water parks occasionally.
Ranger, may I ask when you do 3 week trips do you stay deluxe, moderate, value, offsite or split stay? Or perhaps you are DVC? If you don’t wish to divulge, it’s ok...

We always stay deluxe but 8 nights is all we can miss work for, so it’s more a question of time off from jobs for us rather than budget. My boyfriend and I are both looking forward to retirement within 10 years when we can plan longer stays...

We usually do 2 week trips. For my WDW wedding and honeymoon we were on property for 24 nights and it was AMAZING.

We've done 4 trips of 17-18 days each. Our days are very relaxed. We're not planners (on vacation) anyway, so that fits our style. Since we stay offsite and had APs, we could only book 7 days of FP+ anyhow. So we had loose plans for days 1-7, but then winged it the rest of the way. Out of the 17 days, we were in the parks 16 or 17 days, the only "break" would be if we spent a day at Daytona Beach....even then we may hit a park at night. But we never would do all day in the parks. We'd do 10am to 3pm or 4pm to ??? Sometimes we'd do just 11am to 2pm and call it a day. Really just do as we please, and that's very refreshing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter