Who here is not in the "clique" like me? Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good early Morning!!

I'm up and getting ready for my trip!!

Lot's of last minute things to do, like pack the blowdryer and makeup and DEODORANT! All those things that you need the morning you're getting ready.

I'm going to throw in a load of towels but I'll probably leave them in the dryer. Dried of course, just not folded.

I'd make breakfast for you all but I'm only having coffee myself and grabbing something when I run out the door. :moped:

Thanks for the well wishes Donna and Lyzziesmom!! I'm sorry, I just didn't get to catch up :guilty: w/ our thread. Those two days of being sick just did me in with my packing and getting ready plans.

Well, ya' real soon!! :wave2:

Good morning Cliqueless Crew!!! This morning I made the neatest (?) waffles!! Will you all come help me eat them??? :teeth:

waffles.jpg

Have a Tiggerific Tuesday!!! :tigger:

ForTheLoveofDisney said:
Well, ya' real soon!! :wave2:

::yes:: :thumbsup2

By the way I happen to have April's itinerary for today! :teeth:

Today leave from Greenville/Spartanburg Airport at 2:35pm arrive at 4:00pm
Check in to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort
Maybe grab a quick meal on the way in from the airport. Not sure if we'll hit the parks today or not.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, not much going on with me today, so.................

Goodbye April and Steven!!!!!! :wave2:

Good Morning

Donna, breakfast looks yummy!

April, have a great time!

Lyzziesmom, I hope Lyzzie feels better soon. As for your mom, :grouphug: My mom knows better than to do that. Growing up, we never got along. I also moved out when I was 17; since then though, we are much closer. She usually keeps quiet if she doesn't approve of something I'm going to do (I'm too stubborn to listen to her, so she just avoids the fight).

Lin, glad that they reduced shipping and you could get the DVD's.

I didn't do much last night except watch How I Met Your Mother and The Class. They are :happytv: :lmao: :rotfl2: Tonight we are going to either watch Clerks 2 or You, Me and Dupree.

lyzziesmom said:
We own Wizard of Oz (don't have HiDef tv) so are recording Mary Poppins. Missed the 6pm showing so are recording it at 9pm. Also recording Year w/o a Santa Claus for the kids. I'll probably watch it too. I think it's based on the old Rankin-Bass special which I've always liked.
Did you - or anyone else - watch the live action Year Without A Santa Claus? If so, was it any good? I forgot it was on or I would have TiVo'd it too. We have the DVD of the original, and it is a family favorite.

DonnaLeah said:
Good morning Cliqueless Crew!!! This morning I made the neatest (?) waffles!! Will you all come help me eat them??? :teeth:

waffles.jpg

Have a Tiggerific Tuesday!!! :tigger:
Fantastic waffles Donna!! :thumbsup2

Morning, kiddos!

Great waffles, Donna!

Lyzziesmom: if mom asks why a fire box; a nice, logical answer... so that you can make sure that all your crucial documents are protected in the event of a catastrophe! If she can have a key? (her next logical question) - there's one in a safety deposit box! pixiedust: for Lyzzie's cold!

April - have a wonderful trip!! :wizard:

Lin - I chuckled - your mom sounds a lot like my mom was, who now my sister has morphed into... I'll give my mom one thing - she wasn't up into the middle of everyone's business really, that's more my sis's thing.

My nephew is supposed to be coming back from Iraq today - yay!!!

Pozey - we 'sort of' watched part of that movie - didn't TIVO it, but probably should have. Wizard/Mary would have been a tough call, too!

Great day, everybody!

Good Morning!

Thanks for the waffles Donna!

Lyzziesmom- I hope Lyzzie gets better fast!

April-Have a great trip! :cool1:

Amber- Too funny! Me and Steven rented Clerks 2 and You, Me, and Dupree on Saturday! I really didn't watch Clerks 2 but I did like You ,Me and Dupree.

Lin- That's good that they fixed the shipping on the videos.

My cake came out decent. I took a pic of it, but you know me. I'm technically challenged! I have to figure out a way to get it on here without going and getting it on a cd. I'm going to take it to school since we have to bring food and it's the last day.

Last night I was about to post and something was wrong with the Dis. I don't know what exactly but I couldn't get to the main page, I was worried because I was logged in but obviously now it is fixed.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning all!

I usually have a liquid breakfast (coffee). :thumbsup2

Pozey-- those snowmen you kids made were very cute!

Linzybrooke- Hope you feel better!

Michelle- My husband can't sing either. We tell him we like to hear him whistle :teeth:

YM- glad your DS is feeling better

Lyzziesmom-- :grouphug:

Dznyfan- Yeah for your nephew's safe return!!!! :cheer2:

Donna-- Thanks again for a lovely breakfast.

Teaching yesterday was interesting to say the least. These are kids that have had problems in traditional public school systems. I had the teenagers. Half of them are taller than me (i'm not that tall). Luckily most of their lessons are done on the computer. I had forgotten the touchy feely part of teens. They can't help touching each other all the time. :rolleyes: I had to reach way back in my brain and remember my algebra yesterday. Glad the information was still rattling around in there :teeth: Anyway, the kids were pretty good for the most part and I'm pretty good at sounding tough when I need to (it's those mommy genes). My friend is back at work today so I'm off the hook :banana:

I'm going to try and get my Christmas cards in the mail today. Have a good day everyone!

Yolanda

I hate this computer at work! Slowest computer EVER!! Takes 3 minutes to pull up a webpage, even typing is delayed between keystroke and showing up onscreen by at least 10 seconds! Lost my post, IE crashed right before I finished. Recap:

Donna: nice waffles! Yum!

Amber: nice tv selection! love The Class, favorite new show.

DznyFan: nephew home from Iraq, yay! For good or holiday leave?

pozey: taped the movie, will watch tonite. Hope it's good cheesy fun, not too awful.

Yolanda: teaching teens = brave woman!

Nicole: hope to see pics of cake soon!

Got email from Lyzzie's teacher today titled "Lyzzies Presentation." 1st thought = Oh no, her beer joke was inappropriate! (after telling about Xmas Holiday Beer custom, she said she didn't bring any for the class) Was just a picture of Lyzzie doing her presentation. Will try to post later if computer doesn't hate me too much.

Wish I was higher than 2nd floor so it would be more satisfying when I toss computer out the window.

Ooooo! Just saw that "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" will be on tonight! (The cartoon, not the awful live-action movie.) One of our favorites. Emma saw a picture of the Grinch in the store the other day and said, "Scary Christmas monster!" so it will be interesting to see how she likes it.

Good Morning!

Thanks for the waffles Donna!

Lizziesmom...Sorry to hear about your mom! I have one of those and we haven't spoke since early July. She now is calling and acting like everything is hunky dorey and wants to know what days we will be there for Christmas! :rolleyes:

Dznyfan... :cheer2: for your nephew coming home!

Michele....I know what we can do while were home for Christmas......Karaoke night! :teeth: That would be a hoot!!! :lmao:

I am totally giving up on buying dh a gift. I found something else that is on back order until after Christmas. So now he has macadamia nuts and a summer sausage. Both I know he will be thrilled with, but well not too exciting as you can tell.

Both girls have announced that they want to be in Michigan for Christmas morning. Madison was even willing to have Santa deliver her presents here and she would open them when we got home. That was until I told her that would be about a week. :rotfl2:

Does anyone have any suggestions for a $5 gift exchange for 8 year olds? Madison's brownie troop is having a party friday. For some reason my brain has shut down. (probably from the constant migraine I have had for the last few days). Also, she has a leader with 2 co-leaders. Do I get a gift for all 3, and if so should it be the same?

QOD (I think it was for yesterday) No I do not eat breakfast during the week. Usually just a cup of coffee and sometimes not even that. During the weekend dh usually makes a coffee cake (we had about 40 Aunt Jemima mixes, funny story behind that :teeth: ) and we have that with our coffee. I think the mixes are about gone as we had the last one this weekend (thank god!!!).

Cliqueless Question of the Day:

What is on your Christmas or [insert appropriate gift-giving winter holiday here] list?

I want a lot of things! #1 on my list is a Disney gift card, so I can use it for extra spending money in Feb! I also really want a featherbed and a down comforter. Of course a new digital camera. I have always wanted a gift certificate for a day spa, but never gotten one so I've given up asking. The small things on my list include candles, bubble bath, sweaters, socks, a new wallet, picture frames and slippers.

I don't really expect to actually GET anything on my list, but it's nice to think about what I'd like! My mom usually buys a bunch of gift cards, usually for practical things like the grocery store and the gas station. Never for Borders and Michaels and Disney, which are the ones I specifically ASK for!!

And then of course there is my most very favoritist gift of all:

cash. ;)

QOD: I already got most of my presents from DH, but I am hoping he'll get me a camera (he did mention it could be an anniversary present, but that's in APRIL. so far away :hourglass ).
I also want a featherbed, or cash. My family knows how much I like Disney, but are afraid of getting me something for fear I already have it. Cash is always good, but my mom says she doesn't believe in giving it (she did say that's what Mike is getting this year though :rolleyes: )

I am so excited. I ordered Mike the Indian Jones trilogy from fye. I am hoping they actually ship it (it was the deal of the day and is now sold out. I ordered it this morning, so I hoping I get it). He mentioned how much he liked these, so this will be perfect.

QOD......What do I want for Christmas?

I don't really know. I don't really need anything. I have my family......what more do I need?? :thumbsup2

I used to play a lot of golf, and I would always receive golf-related items. But since the kids were born, I don't have time to play golf very much......rarely is much more like it.

Right now, my main hobby seems to be photography. I have a really nice camera, but I would like to have another lens or two. One lens I would like isn't that expensive, but the other one is.

Another thing I might like is a smoker. I have a nice grill, but I like to smoke meats from time to time as well. So a smoker would be nice too.

Amber: was the Indiana Jones deal the one that someone posted here where they were like $10 or some ridiculously low price? By the time I saw it, they were sold out so I didn't even open the thread. I don't buy many movies because I usually don't rewatch them (except kids movies because they watch them endlessly), but I would probably buy those for that price, it's less than renting!

I had to go back to WalMart today (ick!) because I forgot to buy Emma a potty chair. I have been looking for 6 months for just a plain ol' regular one, and there is only one that I can find. It's the same kind Lyzzie had, and it pinched her bottom when she sat on it. So.... I am such a sucker, I gave up and ended up getting Emma this musical talking Fisher Price one that looks like a "real" toilet and has a flusher & t.p. roll and everything. I figured she'll like it because she loves to flush, and it's worth the money because the girl has NO interest in potty training so I'm sure we'll have it for a while. That's my WalMart Story of the Day. Now that I re-read it, it's not very interesting. Sorry.

Lyzziesmom, yes that was the deal. It was on sale for $26.99 and then there's a mail in rebate. I ordered it early this morning, so I am hoping I get it. Mike and I watch a lot of movies. He loves them and at last count we had over 500 (not including my Disney ones)!

Good luck with the potty training.

Just checkin' in - I have just finished up my cards for ya'll, and I've got glitter all over me! :goodvibes

QOD - I really don't know. I don't need anything - and if I were to really want something I don't have it would probably be an iPod or a portable DVD player. (handy on those plane trips to Florida, you know!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter