Who is Chic?

SlightlyGoofy

<font color=green>I shall be forced to take you on
I am probably showing my ignorance, my age, or both but I have never heard of "Chic" which is performing at Epcot during the Food and Wine Festival.

Could someone please educate me?

Slightly Goofy/Linda

I always look forward to the Motown bands.

I didn't know who they were either. But since they wisl be performing when we will be down there (along with 100,000 other people:( ), I did some investigating. They are a seventies band (what I would call Disco band). Not sure how they fit in with the Motown theme. At least last year we saw the 5th Dimension and Mary Wilson.

In May one of the Flower Power acts we saw was Dave Mason:confused: :confused: We didn't know who hewas either.

Ed

I guess I am glad that I am not alone in not knowing who they are. Disco is not my thing, Motown sure is though. Just saw where The Fifth Dimension will be there the day before we are due to arrive so I guess I will be calling and adding a day to our ressie. LOL

Thank you Better and Snuggles for taking the time to answer.

Slightly Goofy/Linda (also from Ohio, a long time ago)

Hi Nativetxn, you must have been posting the same time as I did. I had done a search on Chic and came up empty. Leave it to you to know everything. I don't remember any of the songs listed, not even Dance, dance, dance.

Oh well, there is always Off Kilter and the British Invasion to keep me busy.

You are getting skinny lady. As I remember you were not that big to begin with! Congratulations!!! I am holding my own although I did lose 5 pounds last week. Am holding steady at 80 some pounds. I think my body is in shock and taking a break. As long as it is not slipping backward I will cope. But not giving up hope either, for more to go.

SG/Linda

If you could hear it you would remember it, I'm sure. I tried to post the music but it didn't work..........

Dance, Dance, <i>Dance</i>...everybody dance. It's disco ;)

The only disco I ever liked or remember is Gloria Gaynors "I Will Survive". LOL

Maybe you could hum the tune for me? (grin)

SG/Linda

:bounce: :Pinkbounc : :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Chic is a disco band famous mostly for their hit "Le Freak" (or "Freak Out" as most people would remember it). It is the song featured in the commercials for "Freaky Friday". I believe it was first a hit back in 1977 !

:bounce: :Pinkbounc : :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Captain America

Captain America

I much appreciate your trying to straighten me out but I fear it is a lost cause, especially since 'way back' for me would be the 1950's or 1960's. LOL

Have come to the conclusion that this is not a band I would sit for hours for. I will leave it to my younger DIS friends. (smile)

SG/Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter