Who is your favorite ENTERTAINER?

DisneyCruise FANS

Earning My Ears
I've been on a number of disney cruise vacations and have my favorite entertainers (although I think ALL of them are great)! Who are your favorites?

I just got off the Magic 2 weeks ago and saw Rich Purpura (Comedy & Magic), Michael Harrison (Ventrilloquism), Dan Riley (Comedy & Music) & Chuck Gunter (Juggling).

My favorite was Rich Purpura. He was hilarious! Anyone else have a favorite?

Rich Purura. He is great. We saw him twice, last year and this year, and really enjoy him. Plus, he has that "Chicago Attitude".

Ben & Dana are our favorites. We stop by the lounge every evening and my DD and DH have fun dancing. All of the entertainment on the ship is amazing!

I have to vote for Rich Purpura. They surprised us by having him perform on the 4 Day Disney Vacation Club Member cruise in February.

Even though I've seen him on the Magic doing the same routine, he still cracks me up.:teeth:

I preferred Michael Harrison slightly over Rich. Michael was especially funny trying to make it clean for the family show when opportunities presented itself otherwise. We made it a point to return for his 10:30 pm show.

The juggler was also very good, but for some dumb reason he performed in the bar with the low ceiling one night.

I really didn't like the song parodies of Dan Riley.

Personally, I thought Robin from the cruise staff was the best entertainer!! You should have seen him calling Bingo, not to mention doing karaoke! :)

I know that didn't really address your question, but I had to give him a plug. He was hilarious.

'Beano':cool:

Does anyone know if the entertainers perform anywhere else (off the ship I mean)? I had never heard of any of them before.

I love rock music and really enjoyed The Charles Marshall band. I'm hoping that they are on the Magic when we go in Sept. Anyone know if they will be?

Fidelio from Dueling Pianos!

He the reason my DS (7) is now taking piano lessons and singing!

The man is phenomenal and the show has two parts - earlier for family and later for adults.

Rae

I would also pick Robin form the cruise staff.

They did a game show in in think Studio C where you had to guess who's story was a lie. The whole skit was created by the cruise staff. By far the hardest I laughed on the cruise. Robin was awesome.

Rob B....did Robin play the part of the "little boy"....we saw him twice at Sailors Tales when he played that part and the audience was literally rolling on the floor in hysterics!!!

He is just too funny.

I like Rich Purpura and Gary Deleana....I think Rich Purpura has been on HBO...I thought I heard him mention that. We have seen him on 4 DCL cruises and we still crack up!!!

MJ

mmouse37 thanks.

Sailors Tales was the skit I was thinking of. Yes, Robin played the "little boy". I asked Robin how come there isn't an Adult version of Sailors Tailes? He said that they use to have one but attendance was low.

Well......we really enjoyed the Disney CMs especially John, Ian and Sean..........Rich Purpura was really funny also on our most recent cruise. Unfortunately, we never sailed with Robin. It sounds like he was great!

I would have to say Fidelio and Jeff from Dueling Pianos in Off Beat - they were the funniest most talented entertainers in my opinion....!:bounce:

I liked John (the Bingo King). He made bingo fun (okay, so did winning), but I loved the way he had everyone (including DH and myself) dancing at the Tropicali party!!

Originally posted by rae519
Fidelio from Dueling Pianos!

He the reason my DS (7) is now taking piano lessons and singing!

The man is phenomenal and the show has two parts - earlier for family and later for adults.

Rae

I saw this thread and knew that you and I would answer the same FIDELIO ROCKED!!! It was just a matter of which one of us saw it first.

With his absence now though I would have to lean towards Michael Harrison.

I have to agree with Figment and Rae.....we must be the 3 Mouseketeers when it comes to the Fidelio Fan Club. He is not only an outstanding entertainer, he takes time to get to know the passengers and makes you feel like family. Dueling Piano's rocks...hail to Fidelio and Bon Jeffery ( he got this nick name after doing a Bon Jovi song so well).
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter