Who's going in August??? When are you going???

edk35

DIS Veteran
Just curious as to how many are going in Aug. Where are you staying and when are you going? How do you deal with the heat? We are taking our first trip home on Aug. 15th for 9 nights. Our first 5 nights are at SSR in a 2 bedroom which is our home resort and then we are switching to a boardwalk view 2 bedroom at BWV. We plan on taking full advantage of each resort. We are "only planning" 2 Epcot days, a trip to each water park, DTD and DQ. We might throw in the Princess/Pirate party since they are doing that again on select nights in Aug. We are not doing commando park days..saving that for Jan. trips. :cheer2:

We are taking our first DVC trip to the BWV Aug 5 -10. I did an August trip in 2005 at the YC when I was 4 months pregnant so this trip should be a breeze. When are they doing the Princesss/Pirate Party in August? I haven't heard anything about that.

We'll be at OKW 8/24 - 8/31.

Planning on this being a relaxing resort trip. Looking forward to plenty of pool time & a few Turtles & Sea Horses!

DS & I 8/10-12 Pop, 8/12-17 VWL
Im doing the parks commando in Apr and Nov when Im solo
- DS would like to have more pool time. So when he comes w/me in Aug we'll be pool hopping, waterparks, Disney Quest, etc.

This is our longest vacation ever in August. We did 16 nights last year and I still didn't want to leave. Anyway, the plans look like this for August-

Aug. 12-17 BCV Studio w/DS11, DS12
Aug. 17-26 POR Bounce Back w/dining
Aug. 26-30 OKW 2 Bbdrm w/DParents, DS5, DD8, DS11, DS14

This is our longest vacation ever in August. We did 16 nights last year and I still didn't want to leave. Anyway, the plans look like this for August-

Aug. 12-17 BCV Studio w/DS11, DS12
Aug. 17-26 POR Bounce Back w/dining
Aug. 26-30 OKW 2 Bbdrm w/DParents, DS5, DD8, DS11, DS14

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: WOW.....YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!! That is sooooooooo impressive. So I guess August is not too hot for you at all. So what all will you do??? I am very excited for our first DVC trip but a bit nervous with the hot weather. We have so spoiled by going in Nov. and Jan. the most and the temps are so comfortable then.

We will be there Aug 19-31. This will be our longest stay and our first split stay. We start off at OKW, weekend at the Dolphin, then we finish our stay at the VWL. It will be the first time that we have stayed at any of these resorts. I am looking foreward to doing the parks in the am then hanging around the pool in the afternoon and playing the rest of the day by ear.

The heat really doesn't bother us since we have so little of it up north here, and the summers in Florida are hot and humid like we get at home. It can definitely get hot in August though, so we spend a lot of time at the pools and have learned to avoid the parks in the middle of the day. EMH evenings are much cooler or mornings.

Last summer we started at OKW and the kids loved the pool and community hall so much that we didn't make it to the parks until the 4th day. Just good summer fun. If we would have done the 10 hour day at the park, I don't think we would have had such a good time. We took a boat to DTD a few times in the evening.

When we went to BCV later in that trip, we spent time just watching the turtles, and lots of swimming and taking it easy. Our trips now rarely have full park days planned. We like the resorts mixed with 1/2 days at parks or EMH nights. Last year we were also able to see The Wiggles at MGM when they had the preschool special events. The DVC Summer Block Party took place in July & August too, and that was fun. :wizard:

We look forward to our annual August trip all year long :)

We will be at "HOME' August 18th through the 22nd at SSR in a 2 bedroom....can't wait!!!

August 17 at POFQ and the August 18 - August 23 at BCV. We always go Labor Day weekend and the heat then doesn't bother us, we just drink lots of water and do some relaxing. Looking forward to taking the kids on their first DVC vacation.

Our summer plans are:

July 27-July 29..........Clearwater Beach
July 29-Aug. 10...........OKW
Aug. 10-Aug 12..........Baltimore Orioles vs Boston Red Sox at Camden Yards (much cheaper than going to Fenway to root on the Red Sox).

The summer block party was quite fun last year as were the member bbq's in the past. We make a point to attend at least one of them!!! The kids have alot of fun. I think they were on Tuesdays or Wednesdays during the summer!!????

As for the heat............it is just as hot and humid in Boston during August as it is in Disney (give or take a few degrees). I'd rather be hot and steamy in FL than Boston!! LOL!!

Our summer plans are:

July 27-July 29..........Clearwater Beach
July 29-Aug. 10...........OKW
Aug. 10-Aug 12..........Baltimore Orioles vs Boston Red Sox at Camden Yards (much cheaper than going to Fenway to root on the Red Sox).

The summer block party was quite fun last year as were the member bbq's in the past. We make a point to attend at least one of them!!! The kids have alot of fun. I think they were on Tuesdays or Wednesdays during the summer!!????

As for the heat............it is just as hot and humid in Boston during August as it is in Disney (give or take a few degrees). I'd rather be hot and steamy in FL than Boston!! LOL!!

We live near Balitmore and have been to many O's games. My son went to see Boston play the O's here ....the year they won the series. I paid MAJOR bucks for those tickets for him. He is a Yankees fan though. LOL I loved it when Boston beat the Yankees that year. Loved it.

I've got a solo trip - arrive at Saratoga Springs in a studio for 5 nights or so on 8/31. I'm thinking of switching over to AKV on 9/1 for the rest of the trip. I'm a founding member there and it might be fun to be there when it "opens". Hopefully the rooms will be ready early since nobody's staying there the night before.

Labor Day weekend is hotter than you can imagine. I'll spend early mornings in a park, then head to the pool for a while, then take a break in the air conditioned studio. In the evening I'll head back out.

We're going on an RCCL cruise & then heading to BWVs 8/6 - 8/17. I prefer WDW when it's hot. We've gone around Christmas time & you have to pack for both warm & cold weather & you have drag heavy outerwear to the parks for the cold evenings. In the summer it's mostly just shorts & t-shirts day & night! We sleep in, have a leisurely breakfast, head to the pool, hit the parks or DTD later in the afternoon & we stay out late in the evening when it cools down. All the rides, shops, & restaurants are air conditioned so it's really not that bad.

We are taking our first DVC trip to the BWV Aug 5 -10. I did an August trip in 2005 at the YC when I was 4 months pregnant so this trip should be a breeze. When are they doing the Princesss/Pirate Party in August? I haven't heard anything about that.

Hey Wendy we will be at BCV same week august 5 - 10th, also i dont think the party has been scheduled yet. See you at beaches and cream and some wings at ESPN. I have been there in july and it wasn't terrible just more time at he pool.:goodvibes

SEE YOU ALL AT THE SUMMER BLOCK PARTY

Couple years ago got free admision to pleasure island after the party.the kids had a great time and would love to do it again. Well there really not little kids. I hope theres 1 scheduled for first week of august.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter