Who's Gonna Have More Fun? Two PTR's for the Price of One!

Welcome Back Shelly!

It's great to hear that you had a good trip and that you're all home safe and sound. We start school tomorrow too. I'm excited to get going on the new routines and schedules. It's always a period of adjustment.

Best wishes to your DH on his surgery Friday. I'm happy that it didn't cause him too much trouble on vacation.

Uh - that's a lot of pictures ma'am!! I can't wait to see them!

Are you going to work at the school again this year? Tell them you can't start until you get those pictures uploaded and start your TR!

Of course, knowing you, you will finish yours before I finish my March one!! :laughing: I've got a couple days left, but they were busy ones, so there's lots to tell!

Good morning!

First day of school here. And it's cold and rainy. Talk about real life slapping you right in the face after a wonderful vacation!! :sad2:

Still working on loading the pictures....

Jodi & crew are having a fantastic morning at AK!! Belle loved EE and Dino. We weren't so sure she would. She didn't say how crowded it is. Hopefully that means it's not bad! :wizard:

It's so hard to get back to the "real world" after having spent so many wonderful days at Disney World. It's hard to believe that your kids' school is just now starting. Our schools started August 18th. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your vacation!

1400 pictures Oh My that is a lot of pics Shelly. I guess you really loved the Poly if it turned you into a resort snob :snooty: All is good, many a person has stayed at the Poly and never looked back again :laughing:

I never really understood what it was about the Poly that made people so crazy for it. But once you stay there you understand! :lovestruc I don't think it will keep us from trying other resorts, but we sure do look forward to staying there again someday.

No real damage from Irene but our power was out for 3 days so we did lose most of the food we had stored which upset me since I had enough foodstuffs for at least a month and did not plan on spending much this month since we were paying off our trip.

That stinks.:sad2:

Now the bad news......we have no water well hopefully maybe we will tomorrow(when the well people come out) but when our power came on it came on in 3 spurts, so 3 power surges. We had thought to unplug the a/c units and the fridge and freezer cause I knew a power surge could damage the compressors but never thought about the well pump. Anyway the pump is not a pumping now and I blame DH cause the "idiot"(taken from everybody loves raymond), flushed the toliet a few times while the power was out instead of using the bucket and water in the tub for that purpose.

I hope everything gets fixed up today. :wizard:

Any how we debated and decided to just postpone our trip even though it cost to change our plane tix, we have to see what is up with the pump and what that is gonna cost. Insurance deductable is $1000 if it would even cover that and DH does not want to deal with putting in a claim :rolleyes:

I was going to make a list on the food we threw out but did not since I doubted it came to $1000 I didn't, this was before we knew we had an issue with the pump :headache:

So.........................I called Friday and changed our reservation to March with FD and went back to our original resort of choice last year of CR.

All in all it should work out better as DS and Ddil might go with us(I doubt it but that is what they said). Plus DH will have had his second cateract surgery done(Oct 27) by time we go.

I think March would be so nice weather wise down there. I hope it is!! :goodvibes And hopefully your DS & DDIL can go with you.

Sending your DH good thought for Friday, when my DH had his done the surgery went well, the recovery no so much so since my DH is a big baby when anything is wrong with him and he laid on the couch like a dying cow. Only getting up when absolutely neccessary cause it cause him pain to get up and down and walk etc. I forget how long he was out but 3-6 weeks sounds like a good time frame. If my DH ever birthed a baby he would still be on the couch :lmao: ok slight exageration but you get the pic :rotfl:

Can not wait to hear all about your trip sounds like so much fun especially meeting up with Jo's family.

Thanks for the good thoughts for Friday. I am hoping he will recover quickly and get back to work soon. But like you said -- sometimes men can be big babies!! :rolleyes: Yes, if they ever had to give birth we would be in trouble!! :laughing:

Hi Shelly! I just got in from Philly, and read the past few days updates - so glad you guys had a good time!! Great news about the weather and crowds! It's nice having the live check in's from you texting Jo and her checking in on her phone. It makes the time waiting for my trip go a little faster having those little updates. :goodvibes

Glad you guys made it home safe and had a great time!!! :banana:

Thanks Heather!

You guys are adorableprincess:princess:
I love looking at your packing lists:)

Thank you. Welcome to the PTR. Hope you will join us in our TR's!!

Welcome home Shelly!!!! Glad to hear the heat wasn't as bad as you had thought. Can't wait for all the trip details in your TR!!! Praying for your DH to have a successful surgery and quick recovery. :hug:

Jo- Enjoy the rest of your trip. Hope the Labor Day crowds aren't too overwhelming! :eek:

Thanks Kim! :)

Looking forward to your TR, Shelly!
I am thinking of your family, and my prayers will be with you all for your DH. I wish him a speedy recovery!:goodvibes

Thanks Lauren! :goodvibes

Welcome Back Shelly!

It's great to hear that you had a good trip and that you're all home safe and sound. We start school tomorrow too. I'm excited to get going on the new routines and schedules. It's always a period of adjustment.

Best wishes to your DH on his surgery Friday. I'm happy that it didn't cause him too much trouble on vacation.

Uh - that's a lot of pictures ma'am!! I can't wait to see them!

Are you going to work at the school again this year? Tell them you can't start until you get those pictures uploaded and start your TR!

Of course, knowing you, you will finish yours before I finish my March one!! :laughing: I've got a couple days left, but they were busy ones, so there's lots to tell!

Thanks Sheree!

Yes, lots going on this week -- school starts, soccer starts, PTO meetings, etc.....:faint:

Oh and throw in DH's surgery!! :eek:

I am going to sub at the school again this year, but I am cutting back a bit. I am only going to do 3 days a week and I told them I can't start until the middle of next week due to DH's surgery.

So hopefully I will have all those pics loaded by then!!

Already there! :thumbsup2

It's so hard to get back to the "real world" after having spent so many wonderful days at Disney World. It's hard to believe that your kids' school is just now starting. Our schools started August 18th. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your vacation!

It sure is hard. I wasn't ready for all this!

Yes, we are lucky not starting school until after Labor Day here!

Yay for cutting back to 3 days a week.... that means more DIS time! :laughing:

Well actually it may end up to be even less. I am only available 3 days a week and that doesn't mean they will call me those 3 days each week. But I am guessing they will. :laughing:

I never intended for it to be a full time job and that's pretty much what it ended up to be. Plus I can't see leaving Jack here all day everyday by himself.

So we'll see how it goes. Hopefully I will still get some work -- I need to start saving up for the next WDW trip!! :cool1:

Just talked to Jodi. They are still at AK. It is raining on and off and they forgot their ponchos so they had to buy some. She said the crowds aren't too bad.

Well actually it may end up to be even less. I am only available 3 days a week and that doesn't mean they will call me those 3 days each week. But I am guessing they will. :laughing:

I never intended for it to be a full time job and that's pretty much what it ended up to be. Plus I can't see leaving Jack here all day everyday by himself.

So we'll see how it goes. Hopefully I will still get some work -- I need to start saving up for the next WDW trip!! :cool1:

Just talked to Jodi. They are still at AK. It is raining on and off and they forgot their ponchos so they had to buy some. She said the crowds aren't too bad.

Good morning, Shelly!

I hope you are enjoying the peace and quiet of being home alone. :goodvibes A little down time isn't a bad thing! Time to catch up on everything that has to be done after a long trip and recharge your batteries.

Good for you (haha I mistyped "goof" at first!) for cutting back on working this year. That is not a goof! :laughing: Your baby needs you at home, and besides, you need a balance. Last year it got to be crazy how much you worked! :crazy2:

What?? Jodi forgot ponchos? After planning and packing so far ahead? Oh wait, that was you! :laughing: Maybe you meant she brought them but just forgot to bring them to the park. Sorry, Jodi, just picking on ya! I hope the rain isn't too bad but just enough to run off the melters!

Looking forward to your pics! Are you going to post some after you load them or just wait for the TR?

I'm off to go for my walk. It's wonderful outside! :dance3: I can't wait to walk in pleasant weather!

Good morning, Shelly!

I hope you are enjoying the peace and quiet of being home alone. :goodvibes A little down time isn't a bad thing! Time to catch up on everything that has to be done after a long trip and recharge your batteries.

Good for you (haha I mistyped "goof" at first!) for cutting back on working this year. That is not a goof! :laughing: Your baby needs you at home, and besides, you need a balance. Last year it got to be crazy how much you worked! :crazy2:

What?? Jodi forgot ponchos? After planning and packing so far ahead? Oh wait, that was you! :laughing: Maybe you meant she brought them but just forgot to bring them to the park. Sorry, Jodi, just picking on ya! I hope the rain isn't too bad but just enough to run off the melters!

Looking forward to your pics! Are you going to post some after you load them or just wait for the TR?

I'm off to go for my walk. It's wonderful outside! :dance3: I can't wait to walk in pleasant weather!

I am enjoying some quiet time today. Now if I could just get this puppy to take a nap!!

I think Jodi meant she forgot the ponchos in the room, but I guess she really didn't say. So she could have left them at home! :upsidedow

I guess I could post some pics before the actual TR.....Anything anyone wants to see??? It may be a little while before I start the TR due to DH's surgery and then him being home all the time. :eek::rotfl:

Enjoy your walk!

Here are a few Poly pics for you......

8d3ae824.jpg

6d9e972f.jpg

d1576bf6.jpg

:goodvibes

Aww, great pictures!!! Love the flower in your hair too.

There was a booth at our state fair that sold "dole whips". It was a Dole booth. But I couldn't even try it. It just would not be the same.

Here are a few Poly pics for you......

8d3ae824.jpg

6d9e972f.jpg

d1576bf6.jpg

:goodvibes

Great pics!! As I was reading the post before, I was thinking I wish you would just show us a pic or 2 from the Poly. And then I see "Here are a few Poly pics for you...." How weird is that?

Those towel elephants are adorable! The Mama elephant has good taste in sunglasses. ;)

The Dole Whip looks yummy. So I guess they have them at the resort?

Such a cute pic of you and Jodi! I've forgotten all of your new clothes (understandable due to the sheer number ;)) but I assume y'all both have on new outfits. But whoever took the picture chopped off your feet so we can't see what cute shoes y'all are wearing!! :laughing:

Thanks for the teaser! Can't wait to see more. But we will be patient while you're nursing your DH back to health.

Yay for a sneak preview! :woohoo: You know what popped in my mind first when I saw those... "after she bought all those dresses and then she isn't even wearing one!" :rotfl: Very cute picture though! But it does have me curious as to weather or not you liked wearing the sundresses at WDW?

That dole whip has me drooling. It is so hot and HUMID here today that I think the brain freeze from that would actually feel good!

Love the pics, Shelly!
The towel animals are too cute! My DD's will love it if we get those at the Poly!
Also, that Dole Whip looks fantastic...can you believe in all of our trips we have never tried a Dole Whip?!? I'm not sure if I told you that before. I will for sure have to try one this trip! They have them at Captain Cook's at the Poly, right?
What a great picture of you and Jo! I love the outfits!

Yay for a sneak preview! :woohoo: You know what popped in my mind first when I saw those... "after she bought all those dresses and then she isn't even wearing one!" :rotfl: Very cute picture though! But it does have me curious as to weather or not you liked wearing the sundresses at WDW?

That dole whip has me drooling. It is so hot and HUMID here today that I think the brain freeze from that would actually feel good!

:rotfl2::rotfl2: That was MY first thought, too....where's Shelly's cute dress??

Aww, great pictures!!! Love the flower in your hair too.

There was a booth at our state fair that sold "dole whips". It was a Dole booth. But I couldn't even try it. It just would not be the same.

Thanks Sheree! :)

Great pics!! As I was reading the post before, I was thinking I wish you would just show us a pic or 2 from the Poly. And then I see "Here are a few Poly pics for you...." How weird is that?

Those towel elephants are adorable! The Mama elephant has good taste in sunglasses. ;)

The Dole Whip looks yummy. So I guess they have them at the resort?

Such a cute pic of you and Jodi! I've forgotten all of your new clothes (understandable due to the sheer number ;)) but I assume y'all both have on new outfits. But whoever took the picture chopped off your feet so we can't see what cute shoes y'all are wearing!! :laughing:

Thanks for the teaser! Can't wait to see more. But we will be patient while you're nursing your DH back to health.

I can read your mind!! ::yes:: :laughing:

You can blame DH for cutting off our feet in the pic and not showing our cute shoes!! :rotfl:

:laughing: Nope, I wasn't wearing a dress that afternoon. :upsidedow I was however wearing one that evening. I'll have to see if that pic is loaded to photobucket yet.....

I really liked wearing the dresses! I usually changed clothes mid day. So I would usually do a shirt/shorts outfit for half the day and a dress the other half.

It's not even hot here, but I sure could go for a Dole Whip right now!!

Love the pics, Shelly!
The towel animals are too cute! My DD's will love it if we get those at the Poly!
Also, that Dole Whip looks fantastic...can you believe in all of our trips we have never tried a Dole Whip?!? I'm not sure if I told you that before. I will for sure have to try one this trip! They have them at Captain Cook's at the Poly, right?
What a great picture of you and Jo! I love the outfits!

Thanks Lauren! :goodvibes

I think you did tell me that one other time. I am still in shock!! :scared1: You HAVE to get a Dole Whip next time. You can get them right at Capt Cooks and also at Aloha Isle at MK.

:rotfl2::rotfl2: That was MY first thought, too....where's Shelly's cute dress??

Is this better???

07bbecb6.jpg

Sorry no shoes again......:rolleyes::laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter