Who's Gonna Have More Fun? Two PTR's for the Price of One!

Hey Jo and Shelly - Great recaps of your prior trips - loved all the photos! Congrats on getting the great airfare Shelly. I have never thought of booking air through Disney - need to look into that for our bounce back trip.

BTW, had a wonderful birthday dinner for my wife at Club 33 last night - got home at 2:00 a.m. - security had to walk us out of DL! LOL!

Sea :cool1:

I am so very excited to have found you two!!!! :banana:

I decided to check and see if by chance Shelly had started a PTR yet and low and behold I find double PTR by both Shelly and Jo!

! I love the idea now I have to go back and catch up on my reading only read post one.

:banana:

I am finally all caught up.

Jo you have a beautiful family.

Jo it is time to start packing :laughing: I say this because I packed a few items into my suitcase this afternoon. but in all fairness they are items I bought specificately for my trip, a new bathing suit and coverup.

Shelly double digits already, now the time is really going to fly by.

My ticker finally starts with a 4 but it is still so far away.
I changed around quite a few of our ADRs last week when DH and I decided to skip AK this trip. I am thinking about maybe re-booking Bomas for breakfast one day, taking a cab over to AKL then a bus to DTD after breakfast. I want DH to see AKL since he was not with me when I stayed there in 2006 with a freind.

You know me I am not happy unless I am changeing something :rotfl:

Shelly I am glad you started the PTR gives me something to look forward to, your PTR's and TR's are so much fun and it is a good sign that you are doing a bit better now than last time we talked.:hug:

Can not wait to read more guys :goodvibes

Sheila--- hey you! I'm so glad you found us! I was wondering how you were doing the other day. I hope you are getting all set for the trip and things are moving nicely along for you.

Thanks for the wonderful compliment about my family- you are too sweet.

Hope you stick around with us!:goodvibes

Whew! I *think* I'm all caught up now! Sorry you guys had to read "The Jodi Show" this morning. If you haven't figured it out by now-- I'm a bit long when I write. You may just want to print it out and save it for later.:lmao:

Shelly, score on the flights! :thumbsup2 I wish AT flew out around here and I'd definitely see what Disney could offer. We're still holding out though. Living in the boondocks means a tiny airport for us. That also means sky-high prices!

Jo, nice to "meet" you. Loved your resort history! :)

Sheree's the fastest in the West.:lmao:

Well, at least in the midwest! I got here quick, and then promptly realized that you two are going to be just cruising on this PTR and I'm going to have to work hard to keep up! I have neglected my TR for a month and really need to get going! (hopefully tonight after DD's ball game) So slow down!!!!
I'm glad you got the day off Shelly!
On the other hand, I have enjoyed your past, present and future trips - look at how big the kids have gotten!!

I have always wanted to stay at the Poly - dark rooms or not - I just like the atmosphere. But now that we bought DVC, it's pretty unlikely. Maybe just for a couple nights to add on since we don't have many points! I'll find a way!

Hey Jo and Shelly - Great recaps of your prior trips - loved all the photos! Congrats on getting the great airfare Shelly. I have never thought of booking air through Disney - need to look into that for our bounce back trip.

BTW, had a wonderful birthday dinner for my wife at Club 33 last night - got home at 2:00 a.m. - security had to walk us out of DL! LOL!

Thanks Sea! :goodvibes

I'm glad you all had a nice time for your wife's b-day last night!
Shelly, score on the flights! :thumbsup2 I wish AT flew out around here and I'd definitely see what Disney could offer. We're still holding out though. Living in the boondocks means a tiny airport for us. That also means sky-high prices!

Thanks Kelli! :)

Good luck with your airfare! :wizard:
Well, at least in the midwest! I got here quick, and then promptly realized that you two are going to be just cruising on this PTR and I'm going to have to work hard to keep up! I have neglected my TR for a month and really need to get going! (hopefully tonight after DD's ball game) So slow down!!!!
On the other hand, I have enjoyed your past, present and future trips - look at how big the kids have gotten!!

I have always wanted to stay at the Poly - dark rooms or not - I just like the atmosphere. But now that we bought DVC, it's pretty unlikely. Maybe just for a couple nights to add on since we don't have many points! I'll find a way!

Glad you are enjoying the PTR Sheree!:cool1: We'll try not to go too fast for you! :rotfl:

Jo - GREAT recap on the previous trips.... cant wait to read more.... :)

First of all...hello to Sheila!!!! I was wondering about you the other day!!! How are you?

Jo-loved all the pics and reviews of the resort!!! We did ASMovies when the boys were reaaaal little...before dd came along. We didn't have much option then $$$ wise..we loved it. Dh didn't-he hated doing the buses every time you wanted to go somewhere...so we jumped to the Deluxe category!! We loved the Poly the first time we stayed there --Nov of 02...I was pregnant with DD and we just had a ball there. We went back in Jan of 09--guess we had a bad room?:confused3 It was sooooo dark--I am one that had to do makeup on the balconey!!! It was so dark one of my kids commented on it while brushing his teeth!!! That's preeeeetty dark in a bthrm when a kid notices!!! The rooms are nice and big...monorail access can't be beat...pool was pretty cleared out, as it was Jan....so we have had a good & not-so-good time...hopefully,Shelly, the room you get will be awesome. My oldest still begs to stay there every time! The dark didn't bother him at all!
I am looooving this TR!! Keep the info coming!

Jo - Are you going to have one room all together or two connecting rooms at the GF this trip? As your children getting older, I was wondering if you needed more room now. - Sea

Jo-I'm anxious to hear how you like GF compared to the Poly. I find myself wondering if I'd like to try a stay there on one of our upcoming trips. I get nervous about how my house full of boys would enjoy it.

Jo, all your plans sound great too. I'll be very curious to see what you think of the GF. I don't think I have ever read a TR from the GF! And I have read A LOT of TRs, so that will be very interesting to me. We've been over there several times and it is a beautiful place for sure. We did a family photo session there on our first trip and the setting for the pictures was absolutely beautiful! :cloud9:

Loved the CBR pics. I hope we get to stay in that Jamaica building. I think it is the prettiest one with the yellow and blue. I also enjoyed the POFQ pics. I think I would like staying there too. I'm not really picky about resorts though. I'm always just very happy to be there and pretty much anything on WDW property makes me happy! :)

I'm with you Sheila -- I'm ready to start packing!! :yay:

Your trip will be here before you know it. You know summer will fly by, it always does. Have you changed your dates AGAIN since we last talked? :laughing: Or just ADR's? I might have made a few minor adjustments to my ADR's just last week. :rolleyes1

Yes, I am doing much better than the last time we talked. It has been a rough time, but we are recovering, slowly but surely. :hug:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....well initially I had changed from September to Oct 26 to Nov 1, that was on March 5th. Then on March 6th I rec'd and email from Jet Blue that on that Monday March 7th they were releaseing their flights up to October 29 which would mean I could only book one way and have to wait to book our return flight something I really did not want to do so I asked DH what did he think about changeing to Oct 19 to 25 instead and he said he really didn't care so there I was calling Disney again less than 24 hours later to change my trip dates. I know the CM must have thoguht "this lady is change happy" :rotfl:
I could not sleep that night so about 4am I got up and bought our flights :banana:

No changes since then, but I have to confess I went through a few days of actually considering switching to the Poly,but I got over it the BC just makes so much more sense as we want to do the F&W mainly this trip ya know.

Of course if Disney comes out with some awesome October discounts there is no telling what could happen :rotfl:

Sheila--- hey you! I'm so glad you found us! I was wondering how you were doing the other day. I hope you are getting all set for the trip and things are moving nicely along for you.

Thanks for the wonderful compliment about my family- you are too sweet.

Hope you stick around with us!:goodvibes:

I am 99.99% content with my ADRs now after the last changes to them , just waiting now for them to open up the bookings for the Wishes Dessert Party since we decided to try that out this trip.

Don't worry I plan on sticking around, I :love:you guys!!!

I enjoyed reading about yours and Shellies previous trips and I think you have me convinced about going to MVSSHP. I left a night open for it but going to hold off buying tix until we get down there I think. It is a lot of $ when all DH and I really want to do beside some rides is watch the parade and Hallowishes.

First of all...hello to Sheila!!!! I was wondering about you the other day!!! How are you?

I am good, I thought about you the other day wondering when you will be heading to Disney this year. DH found out he has a cataract and will be having surgery to remove that and have and intra ocucular lens implant put in his eye :scared1: better him than me I can not even stand the thought of someone touching my eyeball :rotfl:

Hope your family is doing well. Is your son driving yet? If I recall he was going to be old enough to get his permit?

It is great being on a thread with all you guys again, I missed our chatter

I too am running behind!! But definitely here for all the fun!!! YAY when friends get to go and spend time together at Disney!! WOOT WOOT!!!

Good Morning everyone! Hope all is well with all of you! I am having WDW withdrawals bad this morning. Anyone else????

Hi Sea! Thanks for reading! Your Bday celebration sounded wondeful! I'm sure your wife enjoyed it very much.

Hi-- it's so nice to meet you too!:goodvibes We have very high prices where we live for airports too... I've come to think that it's just that way everywhere now. We are flying AT this trip but we have to travel and hour and a half to get there. :confused:

:rotfl2: Slow down??? Us???? We yap too much to slow down, you know that. ;) It's overwhelming, I know.;) Congrats on buying DVC btw! Where did you buy into? One of my friends was telling me last week that I needed to buy in-- they just bought at AKV and BLT. I have to admit I am rather jealous.:goodvibes

Jo - GREAT recap on the previous trips.... cant wait to read more.... :)
Thanks Mari! Hope your summer will be open enough so that you can read our novel here.:)

Jo-loved all the pics and reviews of the resort!!! We did ASMovies when the boys were reaaaal little...before dd came along. We didn't have much option then $$$ wise..we loved it. Dh didn't-he hated doing the buses every time you wanted to go somewhere...so we jumped to the Deluxe category!! We loved the Poly the first time we stayed there --Nov of 02...I was pregnant with DD and we just had a ball there. We went back in Jan of 09--guess we had a bad room?:confused3 It was sooooo dark--I am one that had to do makeup on the balconey!!! It was so dark one of my kids commented on it while brushing his teeth!!! That's preeeeetty dark in a bthrm when a kid notices!!! The rooms are nice and big...monorail access can't be beat...pool was pretty cleared out, as it was Jan....so we have had a good & not-so-good time...hopefully,Shelly, the room you get will be awesome. My oldest still begs to stay there every time! The dark didn't bother him at all!
I am looooving this TR!! Keep the info coming!
Ahhh, the Poly. I am still trying to make myself happy about being at the GF instead of the Poly. :eek: I even listen to Hawaiian music on Xm radio all the time just to try to get that "feel".:rotfl2: I personally like a dark room- dark wood, lamps on instead of overhead lights. So the Poly's darker rooms suited me fine. Funny that your son commented on the darkness of it. Most times, kids don't notice things like that! Glad you're here!:goodvibes

Jo - Are you going to have one room all together or two connecting rooms at the GF this trip? As your children getting older, I was wondering if you needed more room now. - Sea
Oh how I wish we had the budget to do two rooms at the GF! :faint: I have made everyone promise and pinky swear that they will all be on their best behavior. I have told them repeatedly that they are going to be cramped and miserable and they are NOT to ever mention it or the first person who does gets dog doo doo scooping duty for a month. :rolleyes1 I wonder how long it will last??????????:lmao:

Jo-I'm anxious to hear how you like GF compared to the Poly. I find myself wondering if I'd like to try a stay there on one of our upcoming trips. I get nervous about how my house full of boys would enjoy it.
I am anxious about it as well! I am hoping that I will love it, but at the same time I'm hoping that I don't love it so much that I have to go there every trip-- the budget just won't allow it I don't think. Besides, I just like POFQ so dang much I think I could go there every time and be happy as a clam. And then I think, but wait, I'd miss the Poly too. I'm so wishy washy it's terrible.

Jo, all your plans sound great too. I'll be very curious to see what you think of the GF. I don't think I have ever read a TR from the GF! And I have read A LOT of TRs, so that will be very interesting to me. We've been over there several times and it is a beautiful place for sure. We did a family photo session there on our first trip and the setting for the pictures was absolutely beautiful! :cloud9:

Loved the CBR pics. I hope we get to stay in that Jamaica building. I think it is the prettiest one with the yellow and blue. I also enjoyed the POFQ pics. I think I would like staying there too. I'm not really picky about resorts though. I'm always just very happy to be there and pretty much anything on WDW property makes me happy! :)

Ya know, come to think of it, I don't think I have ever read a TR from the GF either??? Maybe some "just back" posts on the GF thread but that's all? I think the resort is beautiful--- I love the pools there!
The Jamaica bldg is beautiful at CBR--- that's why I took so many pics of it. :laughing: And it's so convenient just over the bridge. That's good that you aren't picky about resorts. I need to desire in my heart to be that way no matter what. A bad day at Disney beats a great day at home anyday!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....well initially I had changed from September to Oct 26 to Nov 1, that was on March 5th. Then on March 6th I rec'd and email from Jet Blue that on that Monday March 7th they were releaseing their flights up to October 29 which would mean I could only book one way and have to wait to book our return flight something I really did not want to do so I asked DH what did he think about changeing to Oct 19 to 25 instead and he said he really didn't care so there I was calling Disney again less than 24 hours later to change my trip dates. I know the CM must have thoguht "this lady is change happy" :rotfl:
I could not sleep that night so about 4am I got up and bought our flights :banana:

No changes since then, but I have to confess I went through a few days of actually considering switching to the Poly,but I got over it the BC just makes so much more sense as we want to do the F&W mainly this trip ya know.

Of course if Disney comes out with some awesome October discounts there is no telling what could happen :rotfl:

I am 99.99% content with my ADRs now after the last changes to them , just waiting now for them to open up the bookings for the Wishes Dessert Party since we decided to try that out this trip.

Don't worry I plan on sticking around, I :love:you guys!!!

I enjoyed reading about yours and Shellies previous trips and I think you have me convinced about going to MVSSHP. I left a night open for it but going to hold off buying tix until we get down there I think. It is a lot of $ when all DH and I really want to do beside some rides is watch the parade and Hallowishes.

I am good, I thought about you the other day wondering when you will be heading to Disney this year. DH found out he has a cataract and will be having surgery to remove that and have and intra ocucular lens implant put in his eye :scared1: better him than me I can not even stand the thought of someone touching my eyeball :rotfl:

Hope your family is doing well. Is your son driving yet? If I recall he was going to be old enough to get his permit?

It is great being on a thread with all you guys again, I missed our chatter

Awww, girl--- we're glad you're here with us too! You're my partner in crime anyway--- and when Shelly leaves for the trip before me, we will have to keep the chatter up.
I'm a little late, but I'm here!!!!! :goodvibes
Welcome!!!!!!:goodvibes

I too am running behind!! But definitely here for all the fun!!! YAY when friends get to go and spend time together at Disney!! WOOT WOOT!!!
Glad you made it! Late is not a crime, not in my book anyway----!:lmao:

Jo-what channel on XM is there Hawaiian music?? I would love that!! Beats the heck out of Kids Place Live all day LOL

:scared1:I'm sorry--- I thought it was SiriusXm on my Dish satellite but it's on the Audio channels. It's not on my radio in my car. I looked on the Sirius/XM channel lineup and they don't have it. If you have Dish though, you might can get it on one of those audio channels!
I turn it on every morning and the kids all roll their eyes.:lmao: I don't think they like waking up to some guy yelling about going to the Hokelau at 6 AM.:rotfl2:

Happy 100 DAYS Jodi!!!!

party:

:jumping1:

:rockband:

:banana::banana:

A party???? For ME???? And you invited Aerosmith????

:banana::banana::banana::banana: Steven YummyTyler!!!!:thumbsup2

Thanks so much!!!!:goodvibes

So I had a weird disney dream last night!:rolleyes1 I dreamed that I was on RnRC and looked over and Bret Michaels was in the seat next to me!! :rotfl2:

Let the crazy dreams begin!!!!:cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter