who's sailing 1/12/02 on Magic?

My family (me-35, DH 35, DS 14, DS 10)is going too on the 1/12 Magic. :bounce: 14 other family member are going to that range in age from 2 to 71. I'll look for others on deck 10. See you Saturday.

Wow! what a group!!:cool: Does everyone have their lime green ribbons? I'll have one, but my dh would die before he wears one....so forgive him please...deck 10, here we come!

I'm a DH and I probably won't be wearing any ribbons. :)
I'll ask my DW to get one.

I am sorry to say but,I have no lime green ribbons!!! I will look for all of you with your ribbons!! Maybe if they have lime green at Walmart tomorrow......we'll see!

If I can find lime green ribbon, I will bring enough for ya'll.
(especially you, RandJ :)

We can hardly sleep. Significant other is lime green hunting tomorrow. I downloaded the big picture of our ship from Dave's site and its my wallpaper. computer is set to not go to sleep. I see it every time I go in the dining room. Any help as to the e-mail address for the lady who has the company that delivers gift baskets to the rooms? I'd love to get something for my parents. 5 more and a wakeup!!!!!!!!!

DaddyMouse...I found a scrap of lime green ribbon in the attic and I made some litttle pins with it for anyone who wants one (while they last!) so don't fret if she can't find any tommorrow or doesn't have time! See you at the sailing party on Deck 10?
Don't know about the gift baskets.

Gotcha covered, Dana!
Packing..I am breaking every rule in the book about too much stuff, BUT, (with approriate whine in voice) "I might need it!"

YOU ARE TOO FUNNY..........I had the girls packed....but, I am going to add to it.....because "we might need it" too!!!!

AandD Mom- Was it you that mentioned Warwick?? Do you mean Warwick New York? Beacuse that is the town next to ours.

Becca 61- Everyone loves a man in uniform! As to our coats, we are taking car service to the airport. So I am afraid we will have no choice but to carry them all week. I am sure we will need them when we get back!

Ksistersmom- WEAR THE GOWN!!!!

We have a very late flight out Friday night. We are staying at the Radisson, but expect to arrive there around midnight. Maybe we will see some of you there Sat morning!

We were originally scheduled to make this trip during that terrible week in September. My sister, who is sailing with us all was in a building adjacent to the WTC. Her experince that day was unimaginable. I dont know if any of the rest of you are from the New York area, if you are you will understand how overwhelmed we were in the days that followed the attack. We could not even think of making the trip at that time. But now we have gotten our courage together, calmed ourselves down and are determined to have the vacation of a lifetime!!! We had meet a large group of DISers online here that we had planned to meet on the ship in Sept. It was a big disappointment to us to never met them as we cancelled our cruise. But now I am feeling excited again reading all your posts and I am looking forward to meeting you all and your kids!!

Eileen

Eileen....I think this will be a good time for all....thank the Lord your sister is okay. Everyone in the US needs some magic right now. I'm going to enjoy the pampering.

As for coats....we plan to get a locker at the airport and put our coats in there for the week until we return.....

Just went to the store...couldn't find lime green ribbon, so I bought embroidery floss...guess I'll braid it and tie into a bow!

My dd and I are trying on clothes today to see what fits from summer and what is rediculous after a hearty Christmas! Just starting to pack, and can't think of anything else! Cruise, cruise, cruise, cruise.....

Is it really only 4 more days? Pinch me!
In case you are still packing, I read this tip to take a box of ziplock bags and order room service sandwiches, chips and cookies for the day we are going on our self-made tour excursions (Duskysmom and ksistersmom). Free picnic. (I am all about saving money!) Maybe you already read it, but I thought it was worth passing on just in case. I have also packed a small soft-sided cooler (I read those were okay) and some soft drinks and juice boxes.
See you guys soon!
Hey duskysmom...GREAT idea about the locker for coats!
Mocory..I am so glad that you will be with us. You deserve a great trip!

We'll be on the Magic 1/12/2002 also. Me (35), my wife (33) and our kids (10/girl, 6/boy) are flying down from Wisconsin. We are really looking forward to this, and have read everything we can find about the ship, the cruise, and ports of call.

Our biggest concern is activities for our 10 yr old girl. From everything we've seen there are a ton of activities for our little guy. Does anyone know what kind of programs, events, etc. are available for older kids?

If you see people wearing Packer hats, clothing, etc. it could be us!

WICruiser..did you read this whole thread of posts? There are several girls your daughter's age (including my own 9 year old, Kelly) and we will all be meeting on Deck 10 starboard side, above Scoops at 4:15 for the sail away party. We will be wearing green ribbons as the "secret handshake" of the DISrs.
See you there!

I need a score card to keep track of everyone!!:D For ease of knowing who will be there...I've compiled info you have already given in prior posts:
Duskysmom (mt. Holly, pa) Kris 37, dh 37, dd 10, ds 2
AandDmom (Warwick, PA) Amy, dh, ds 11, dd 8
Ksistersmom (AL) Dana 36, dh 42, dd 11, dd 9, dd 5
Ginac (Chicago Burbs) Gina 31, dh 36, dd 7, ds 4
NCRedding (NC) dh dd 9
Mocory (Hudson Valley, NY) Eileen, dh, ds 6, dd 5
Disneykids ds 9, dd 5
Jth87 (Maple Grove, MN)
Becca61 (AL) Becca, dh, dd 9, dd 3
DaddyMouse (St. Paul, MN) DD 42, dh 36, ds 9, ds 7, dd 6
RandJ (Warrington, PA) dw 35, Ron 37, ds 4.9 dd 2.5
MnParrothead (MN) dw 35, dh 35, ds 14, ds 10
WIcruizer(WI) dw 33, dh 35, dd 10, ds 6

I think this is everyone who has responded to this thread..If I missed anyone, or made a mistake, please forgive me and correct me...Deck 10 will be a sea of lime green!

What a great looking group,although I am really disconcerted to see that I am the oldest woman in the group (unless there is someone on the list who is also 39). Someone please reassure me that I will not have to act mature even if I am the oldest. I am still at work at 11 pm tonight--because I plan to really enjoy this cruise. Looking forward to Saturday!!!

Rest easy, NCRedding, because I am (gulp) 40 and no way am I making that up to make you feel better! I just had a birthday and I haven't actually had to say it before, but I was willing to make the sacrifice for my new DIS friend :)
Act mature? Are you kidding? We are on vacaaaation!
My favorite quote of the day: 40 is the old age of youth and 50 is the youth of old age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter