Why are certain room categories blocked for booking?

counselormom

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to book a standard view room at the Poly for this time next year. Standard, Lagoon and Marina views all say unavailable for booking. What is the reason for this? Do they eventually release the rooms?
Anyway around it?

Honestly, we tried to book at the Poly this time last year, for this year and it was just full!

We ended up at GF. I am hoping we'll love it, but the Poly books up EARLY

Might want to check for some travel agencies who book blocks of rooms. There are several around. That's how I got a room at Poly for this time of year.

Thanks everyone, It never occurred to me that it would be booked so soon! I really thought maybe they were just holding on to the less expensive room categories to get people to book the higher ones. We were booked at GF, I moved my dates to later in Oct. and changed to the Poly and was able to get a standard room. I appreciate all your responses.

One time I was trying to price a long weekend for a friend and there were no rooms available (not Poly but don't remember exact details). Just to check, I extended the stay to a full week and there was lots of availability. Leading me to believe they limit availability for short stays. Not sure of your details but thought I'd chime in.

One time I was trying to price a long weekend for a friend and there were no rooms available (not Poly but don't remember exact details). Just to check, I extended the stay to a full week and there was lots of availability. Leading me to believe they limit availability for short stays. Not sure of your details but thought I'd chime in.
Yes, that was a computer algorithm blocking them. You can call in and a CM can have guest services override that to get your reservation booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter