• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why are gvt worker rates for S/D not avail in Jan

LuluLovesDisney

<font color=red>If you're not outraged, you're not
I am trying to add a few days in Disney on to my land/sea package and I am a teacher so I wanted to get the discount at Swan or Dolphin and while there are plenty of rooms avail for that date, it says they're not available for my rate preference. Help!
Thanks!
Aloha!
Lulu

LuluLovesDisney said:
I am trying to add a few days in Disney on to my land/sea package and I am a teacher so I wanted to get the discount at Swan or Dolphin and while there are plenty of rooms avail for that date, it says they're not available for my rate preference. Help!
Thanks!
Aloha!
Lulu

They only offer discounts when they need to fill rooms. Jan is a big convention month so the S/D are usually pretty full and therefore no need to discount rooms that they can fill at a higher rate.

I believe that the S/D do not release special rates too far ahead of time either. It's only done a few months (if that) out. I am not 100% positive on that though. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Myst

We were @ WDW the first 9 days of this Jan. and had to take the first 3 at Swan, the last 3 at Dolphin and two in the middle 2 at AllStar as those were the only Teacher's Rate days available. There seems to be a trend of offering only 4 to 6 days out of a week at the rate, probably in the hope you'll suck it up and pay rack rate for the remaining days instead of splitting the stay. The last 3 years the entire hotel industry was slow so bargains were offered. No more. I'll keep looking for a deal at S/D for our March '06 trip, but i'm already resigned to staying in a moderare.

Bill From PA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter