Why can't Disney "link" my reservation?

DanenRox

Disney Junkies
I booked 5 nights in a FW cabin through Disney and added one additional night at the end using Orbitz (saved $50)! I called Disney reservations and while they were able to link the reservations together, they remain two separate reservations and could conceivably require us to change rooms. I know using DVC, reservations can be linked and become seamless, so to speak. I'm puzzled as to why Disney reservations can't do the same? I am hoping my disboarders can shed some light- you all never let me down.

Because one was done via a TA. Can't link them. If they'd both been done via Disney, they could link them.

TA inventory is completely separate and cannot be linked.

I have the same issue. 9 nights at POP with 2 reservations. I booked through Disney but the first 6 nights are on a promo code and the last 3 are rack rate so they say they cannot merge the reservations but they are linked so I might not have to change rooms, but it's not guaranteed. Disney noted my request of having the same room for the entire stay, and I will talk to the front desk upon check-in. Fingers crossed.

Even some room only reservations directly booked can't be linked and IME they always say to be prepared to move rooms. It helps if you are sure to book the exactly same room category and mention it at check in. Its much easier to do a daily clean than it is to do a "check out" clean so the odds are on your side but they won't guarantee. Either way you will have to check out and check back in!

FWIW we have done this 3x and only had to move once - Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter