Why did Disney not bundle in the tax and parking?

Well, when they added the DVC wing at GCH they added several levels of parking under the building, which is now used for valet, and they may have expanded the regular parking just a little. Remember, VGC is a tiny resort and didn’t require anywhere near the expanded capacity a 340-room tower does.

Good points....yeah, 340 rooms is a lot of rooms!

My "WAG" at the reason. There are not enough parking spaces for everyone so they need to charge and make it a separate service first come first serve for a fee - If they put parking in the MF then everyone would have an equal "right" to parking.

On the parking note - I wonder if they have charging stations - it is California where Teslas multiply like rabbits.

My wild guess is that parking will be free for DVC members staying on points and not for non-DVC members staying on points.

So there will be no new parking spots for 340 new rooms? Wow!!
The original DTD parking lot proved to be too small, so they ended up making Simba both DCA CM parking, as well as DTD guest parking. They then made the original DTD lot parking for DTD CM’s only. My guess is they switch the original DTD lot over to hotel parking, and make all CM’s for DTD and DCA park in Simba. Just a guess.

I wonder where the rumor came from then that parking fees would be charged.
They new points chart says they MAY charge for parking. When I spoke with my advisor she said it was still to be determined, along with any incentives that might be given. They said they would announce them on May 2nd

I know it's silly, but I still love getting my $0 balance due at check out!
Not silly at all. When I purchased VGC, I specifically asked if the folio would be $0
Even posted my first zero folio to this board:
IMG_3452.jpeg

This is the folio from just prior to purchasing VGC. It seemed quite expensive at the time, but now seems “free”
IMG_3451.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter