Cruise.
Visit the theme parks.
Stay onsite.
Wow my guests.
Wow myself.
etc.
etc.
etc.
I didn't buy DVC to worry. I think I made a sound purchase. I'm not worried, DVC is the best timeshare I own, even though it's a lease.........spruce

Man!! I couldn't agree more!!! If you think DVC services aren't up to par, just check out the competition... stay somewhere else on property on cash... then stay one night at a DVC resort... DVC measures up every time!!!

I agree! It is the best and the only way to go! Still would like to see a monorail DVC property, though!

June:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Let me add a couple of reasons:

With my family of five, we don't have to be squished into one hotel room. It's so nice not to hear my daughter's complaining about having to share a bed.

Everyone has their own space, everyone is rested, everyone is happy.:D :D :D

Having my own laundry room means that I can pack less, another plus.

I LOVE being a DVC member.
:bounce: :bounce:

Spruce,

Thank you for a great post. It is good to see a post focusing on the plus side of DVC.

* The planning and count down

Mickbee :D

Great post. I agree wholeheartedly, after just one trip.

Spruce,

I'm glad to see such great responses. We're going in October and it will be our 1st time going 'home' to OKW and from what I've been reading, WE CAN'T WAIT!

We had no intention of buying, but 'fell in love at first sight' with the 1BR at BWV.

spruce...

love your post and agree with your reasoning!

Karen

....counting down the days till June....VWL/VB

Hi Spruce! How ya' been?

Ditto to all the above for me.
I just love my D-V-C!!!!!!!!

Karen, when are you going in June? We will be at OKW! 259 more days for us! Whew...that seems so far away!

We bought because the CRO discount games have grown tiresome. :(
Vacations are easier to budget for, are more fun to plan, and are deluxe. We also really like the off-site DVC options.

And most importantly, we bought too create many years of happy vacation memories for our children.....and maybe someday grandchildren.

:) :D ;)

AZKathy......No fair!!!!! You're getting 2 trips in before me this time. We don't go down again until next August. Although combined with a Satellite beach trip, we'll be down 28 days which isn't bad, so I guess I can wait. We've been fine...u too I hope.
Anybody , isn't it funny how my post has been up for 2 days and has only gotten 13 replies, whereas some of the complaint posts have pages of responses. It make me wonder why there aren't tons of resales to buy with all the dissatisfaction I've been reading........spruce

Hey Spruce... good point, 13 replies... Well, the only thing I can assume, is that people like to complain and bicker back and forth more than they like to share their joy with ownership....

What a great thread.......

Why did "we" buy? The answer is simple. We bought because we share the same things that 50,000 other families share and that is a great value. The return to the most "Magical" place on earth and share it with friends and family and new friends to be made.

Welcome Home never sounded so good!

The Girvin Family

When I recently bought(closed 10 days ago) I researched here and on every DVC board I could find. I did searches for threads that had the word: problem or unhappy or complaint, etc...I found the following.

A very few(VERY FEW) complained about difficulty booking BWV on short notice (that's why Ibought a BWV resale)

Biggest regret repeated too many times to count?.....................................................................................................................................................
>?
>?
>?
>?
???
???
???
Sorry we did not buy sooner!
That was it!

I was sold. I bought. These recent gripes about coasters and lack of pass discounts haven't scared me off at all. I love WDW and now I have on site stay priveleges for 41 years! And you all make the places sound great (I bought sight unseen) I can't wait until my first trip HOME!

Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter