Why did they remove all the old fashioned vehicle rides from Main Street, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

old lady

DIS Veteran
I remember riding old trollies pulled by horses and fire trucks on Main Street. What happened to them? I remember riding on those old double decked buses at Epcot or riding on canoes or Mike Fink's rafts going to Tom Sawyer's Island. What happened to them?

The Main Street vehicles still run a little in the morning, you just have to stick around for fun and atmosphere instead of rope dropping the other attractions.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/main-street-vehicles/

I guess Epcot got too busy for the double-decker bus.

For canoes and Main Street vehicles running most of the day, you'll have to visit that other "Magic Kingdom", Disneyland, to experience that wonderful transportation the way Walt intended.

Double decker buses at Epcot.

I just had a flash from the past. I think they made have been recycled into parades now? Someone may know better than I. Thanks for the memories.

Yep, can confirm they are still there. The last few times we went at RD (as recently as 2 weeks ago), they were running the vehicles including the trolley and double-decker bus. I've also only seen them close to first-thing in the morning.

They often run in the mornings. I think it might be due to the crowd levels, ut I could be wrong. I know that at DLR the double decker bus and fire truck seem to run throughout the day.

As for canoes and Mike Fink Keel Boats, those are long gone from WDW. DLR still has the canoes seasonally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter