Why do I appologize for my Disney Gene?

My most embarrassing Disney gene moment happened just recently. I was at a restaurant and I overheard someone at the next table mention the words dining reservation. My ears perked up, and I heard that they were going to Disney World in a few weeks.

I have to admit that I did it. ;)

I actually offered to give them advice at the restaurant. My wife was rolling her eyes and looking at me like I was crazy. :rolleyes:

It is a sickness. It really is a sickness. An addiction.

Hi, my name is Chris, and I am addicted to Disney. I have the Disney gene. :laughing:

I've done it too! My husband has gone so far as to point people to me that he knows or he hears asking questions about Disney. He even did it in the monorail to a family that trying to decide where to go next. :sad2: Sometimes though I liken myself to a busy body, and I really try to bite my tongue. It's hard though when the phone rings and someone you have never met before says, "Hey your husband was in the courthouse today and said you know a lot about Disney..."

I also am uncomfortable telling people what to do but at the same time I am uncomfortable letting them just walk away with either little information or misinformation. Some people it is received with gratitude and others look at me like I am making this stuff up! I want to help you! Please let me!

its great to finaly meet people like me....i work with people all day working on their cars doing mobile video systems and stuff and i hear oh were geting this forthe kids were going to disney tomorrow... and sorry for them i ask where they are staying then insted of saying oh yea thats a good hotel.....i wish i go off on long raves of everything they need to go where to go and dining tips ....but oh well there loss when they get there and they dont listen to me ....lol "they will be the ones eating nine dragons"

I don't apologize.

But I do, try not to overwhelm. Depending on the person and how many times they've been to the world, is the factor as to what media I let them borrow.

And I never tell them about the Character Premiere Outlet, till they've been to DW at least 3 times. Before that, it's just too much to add to the pot for a maybe/maybe not good deal.
-
-
-
-
-

A few months ago, another mom in our 4-H group randomly mentioned they thought they'd go to WDW, around, oh, say, Easter.

My radar went off.

Try not to jump on her.

Try not to jump on her.

MERCY SAKES, EASTER was sold out MONTHS AGO! And you don't want to go then anyway! You'll get nothing done! Your a newbie!!!! (This is all still in my head. But I'm screaming anyway.)

Someone mentions, talk to DWD, she's a nut job about Disney, she's the one to talk to.

I can taste the blood now BABY! I smile in her direction. Casually ask her plans. Proceed to take out my Minnie Mouse pad o' paper and leave her my name and a couple numbers.

This folks, was going to take more time than a casual conversation. We need to set up a meeting.
-
-
-
-
-
-

Well. I. should. have. known. better.

5 minutes later...

Another mom...

A less dedicated woman.
A woman who does not DIS.
A woman who does not receive weekly newsletters.
A woman who does not listen to a weekly PODCAST, and email show!!!!

...starting infiltrating with tainted information.

I was already into another conversation. I was trapped. I could hear bits and pieces.

"July"

(Smile at the man your talking to.)

"reusable mugs"

(look at the kids he's talking about. smile.)

"just wing the dining"

I was sweating bullets. Comon', for the love of Pete!!!!!!!!!!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

She never did call me. I lost that one. I blame myself.

but oh well there loss when they get there and they dont listen to me ....lol "they will be the ones eating nine dragons"

I know what it's like trying to help someone out by telling them to get their ADRs setup and suggesting what restaurants might be better than others and then getting that blank stare that says "yeah right like I need reservations in Disney World"

I guess I must be known as the Disney expert because friends and colleagues are always asking me questions about DLR or WDW. Two teachers at my school are going to WDW this summer and have each asked me several questions. I told one about ME and she was so grateful. Just happy to help spread the magic!! :goodvibes

-[/COLOR]
A few months ago, another mom in our 4-H group randomly mentioned they thought they'd go to WDW, around, oh, say, Easter.

My radar went off.

Try not to jump on her.

Try not to jump on her.

MERCY SAKES, EASTER was sold out MONTHS AGO! And you don't want to go then anyway! You'll get nothing done! Your a newbie!!!! (This is all still in my head. But I'm screaming anyway.)

Someone mentions, talk to DWD, she's a nut job about Disney, she's the one to talk to.

I can taste the blood now BABY! I smile in her direction. Casually ask her plans. Proceed to take out my Minnie Mouse pad o' paper and leave her my name and a couple numbers.

This folks, was going to take more time than a casual conversation. We need to set up a meeting.
-
-
-
-
-
-

Well. I. should. have. known. better.

5 minutes later...

Another mom...

A less dedicated woman.
A woman who does not DIS.
A woman who does not receive weekly newsletters.
A woman who does not listen to a weekly PODCAST, and email show!!!!

...starting infiltrating with tainted information.

I was already into another conversation. I was trapped. I could hear bits and pieces.

"July"

(Smile at the man your talking to.)

"reusable mugs"

(look at the kids he's talking about. smile.)

"just wing the dining"

I was sweating bullets. Comon', for the love of Pete!!!!!!!!!!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

She never did call me. I lost that one. I blame myself.

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I'm with you! Those people with the faulty info just drive me BONKERS!

I guess I just find it difficult to keep my mouth shut, but oh I do try!

I'm so glad I found all of you! I have always loved Disney! I love the anticipation and planning that leads up to a disney vacation! Unfortunately my friends, family and co-workers think I'm nuts. I keep talking about my friends on the disboards, and the podcast crew. You are known as my imaginary friends by my family. I was at the bookstore the other day and overheard two ladies trying to decide which disney travel book to buy. So I politely told them about all of the wonderful free info on the disboards and podcasts. I started to write down the website info, but they quickly walked away, toting a (IMHO) useless "Official" guidebook! Was it something I said?

Anyways, it feels great to be home!

*tears forming in my eyes* I've found my kindred spirits!!!
I am a total Anthony! I am DESPERATE to do the international programme (come on Corey, where's that segment?!?!?) and work in the sun for a few months. I love Disney so much that i can't stop blabbing about it, plus whist im crusing around the community board there are so many other intreresting discussions, that i want to talk to my friends about it. However it always starts.. 'I was just reading this thing on disboards....' Then i get rolling eyes and sighing. They just don't understand.

I get regularly introduced as the Disney fanatic, and one of my class mates is worrying, as next week in American Studies we are studying Disney! I don't know if i can keep my mouth shut!! However i do get to write an essay on it though, so thats keeping me happy :goodvibes .

The only one i can ever really talk to is my mom, and she sometimes worries about me (she was the one who got me into Disboards i might add!).

I am also planning 4 Disney trips at the moment 1) to Disneyland Paris in September 2) My parent's trip to WDW + cruise (i'm not going, but im helping mom plan) 3) My mother and me trip to WDW september 2009 and 4) my 2010 gradutation from Uni trip with my Disney virgin boyfriend.

I have such big plans!! :lovestruc

We took a group to Night of Joy last september and as we got on I-95 in Savannah, I got up to talk and give tips and show them through their packets that I had put together... :lmao:
As we are going past the exit for the JAX airport, I decided it was time to wrap it up. :lmao: (That's almost 2 hours of driving...)
DH and a clan of people are now trying to convince me to become a travel agent. lol

I also refer people to the DIS for information. It is so much more detailed than the official WDW and DLR website! :)

I don't apologize -- I just keep my mouth shut (which is probably even worse). None of the people in our circle of friends is a big Disney fan and I just got so tired of all the smart comments whenever we were asked about our next vacation that I just don't offer the information anymore. At some point it will leak out that we're going "there" again (accompanied by an eye roll and a smirk), but that's usually only a month or two of Mickey Mouse jokes...which I can handle. I know a lot of it is just jealousy as I truly feel most of them would like to go but don't want to make any sacrifices to be able to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter