Why do you need 10 posts for PM capabilities?

TDK44

Earning My Ears
DVC Platinum
Seems like that would encourage silly posts just for folks to get to that threshold…

I think reason why you need 10 post or more is to prove that the user is legit and to prove that you like the DISboard and there won't be any INactivity

Ten messages doesn’t seem like a lot. I just joined, but I don’t feel a need to post on a thread unless I have someone meaningful to say. I don’t like to be spammy and post in threads I can’t contribute to.

I think reason why you need 10 post or more is to prove that the user is legit and to prove that you like the DISboard and there won't be any INactivity
It really does not seem to prove that at all because people just go to random threads and post random irrelevant comments to get to 10. It takes less than 10 minutes if you assume 1 minute per post (which is generous). Many of them then never post again. They just wanted to PM someone. It just slows them down a hair.

Sayhello

99 percent of scammers with those stupid links won't bother posting 10 posts before being able to message people. Its a safe guard and I like it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter