Why does Disney Show a wedding proposal in commercial?

fflmaster

DIS Veteran
Disney has a commercial saying how magical Disney World is. The first scene shows a man proposing in front of Cinderella’s castle. However, Disney bans all proposals at their parks and threatens removal of park or even lifetime ban if found doing so.

So, my wife is insisting Disney must have removed that banned or it makes no sense in the commercial. That people will think it must be allowed since they advertise it.

Is this true?

My son-in-law proposed to my daughter in Disney......(about 6 years ago). I don't think there are any bans.

Disney has a commercial saying how magical Disney World is. The first scene shows a man proposing in front of Cinderella’s castle. However, Disney bans all proposals at their parks and threatens removal of park or even lifetime ban if found doing so.

So, my wife is insisting Disney must have removed that banned or it makes no sense in the commercial. That people will think it must be allowed since they advertise it.

Is this true?

I don't think there's ever been a ban on proposals. I've heard many stories of even the Photopass Photographer getting in on it to capture the moment. There are multiple examples/photos all over Facebook of this.

I'm wondering if you're thinking of the guy in DLP who tried proposing to his fiancé by hopping into a fenced off area. The CM kicked them out because they weren't supposed to be there to begin with.

You also cannot bring in your own JP and secretly get married in WDW...that's definitely banned. But regular proposals happen all the time.

I am not sure where you heard that is not allowed. My husband proposed to me in front of the castle at Magic kingdom. WDW photo pass photographers captured the whole thing, tagged our account and when we got back to our room we had a bottle of champagne with chocolate covered strawberries and a note from the hotel GM and a card from Mickey and Minnie congratulating us.

I am not sure where you heard that is not allowed. My husband proposed to me in front of the castle at Magic kingdom. WDW photo pass photographers captured the whole thing, tagged our account and when we got back to our room we had a bottle of champagne with chocolate covered strawberries and a note from the hotel GM and a card from Mickey and Minnie congratulating us.
I am an absolute sap for stories like this. Made my day...

100% allowed

A friend of mine proposed to his fiancé a year ago in front of the castle while a cast member took photos of it (he paid for a private photographer package).

Is this true?

Current Guest Relations CM here and there is currently no ban on proposals, and no lifetime ban. The wording that the original poster uses makes me think they're a reader of MouseTrap news. (They write untrue stories that are spread by gullible guests and there's one story specifically about proposals that say the same thing.)

You can't imagine the number of guests that come in with these stories every single day now

We witnessed several proposals during our most recent trip. The closest I ever heard of a ban was when someone at one of the overseas parks (Paris?) climbed onto a stage like structure which would be a definite no no regardless of what they were doing.

Sounds like click bait. Headline
Marriage proposal at Disney resulted in lifetime ban

Longish article. How couple met. Fell in live. Great moments in Disney. Last paragraph something like guy jumped on parade float, stood next to Cindy, while shouting out his propsal.

Possible footnote saying the account is fictitious and meant for entertainment.

I think you’re mixing up Proposals and Weddings. Aren’t weddings not done by Disney banned in the parks?

That's so nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter