Why does Wanda often call Vision Vis as a pet name for him?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
When I began watching Wandavision I noticed that Wanda also calls Vision Vis and I want to know if that's her pet name for him?. Why doesn't she call him Visie "pronounced vee-gee"? Because that would be a better pet name than Vis. I adore this scene in the first episode because Vision is so sweet and cares dearly for Wanda and when I watch that scene I smile because Vision is so adorable to Wanda

In the comics, they would always say "Vizh" - pronounced the same way as Vision, just shortened. Saying "Vis" is indeed weird as it has a differnet sound. It's still short for Vision I guess if you pronounce it as Vis-ee-un. It was a strange choice.

So Vision's nickname is actually pronounced "Vizh" like vee-shee with a lisped h? That's pretty cool but I have always pronounced Visie as vee-gee because I often call my Vision plush Visie and I didn't even know that I was mispronouncing it wrong. So do you think I should start nicknaming my Vision plush Vizh as well? I also love the way that Vision is said in Spanish because it sounds so beautiful too. Thank you so much for replying BrianL the info was so cool

[/QUOTE]
So Vision's nickname is actually pronounced "Vizh" like vee-shee with a lisped h? That's pretty cool but I have always pronounced Visie as vee-gee because I often call my Vision plush Visie and I didn't even know that I was mispronouncing it wrong. So do you think I should start nicknaming my Vision plush Vizh as well? I also love the way that Vision is said in Spanish because it sounds so beautiful too. Thank you so much for replying BrianL the info was so cool
No, it's pronounced Viz, rhymes with Wiz. One syllable

Well, it was spelled "Vizh" in the comics for a very long time and while it was never pronounced, I assume that was to make it sound like an "SH" but with a Z sound. In the show Wanda clearly says "Viz." As for anyone's specific nickname for him, I'd say you can use whatever you want.

I always smile when Wanda calls Vision Vis because it makes her feel wonderful and so sweet to him and I also found it shocking that Vision is also called darling too because it shows his love for Wanda so much. But maybe Wanda should try calling Vision Visie too because I can just imagine Wanda saying "Hello Visie darling how was your day?" Just writing this post makes me want to have a good long cuddle with my Vision plush and I always try to act out the sweet scene in episode 1 of Wandavision with my Vision plush and it's so cute

When I learned that Wanda calls Vision Vis I also started calling him Vis as well and I think it's a cool nickname and even better than Visie though I still call Vision Visie too from time to time. I also never knew why Wanda could've also called Vision V as a wonderful pet name too. Every time I see Episode 1 of Wandavision I smile at the way Wanda treats Vision with lots of adorable romance with her adorable pet names for him. If Vision existed in real life I bet he would make me smile if he were to say Good Morning my sweet Dodgey how about some wonderful breakfast today? And of course I would say why yes of course my sweet Visie

I find it odd that Vision is referred as Vizh in the comics but I don't know why in Wandavision Wanda decided to call Vision Vis and not Vizh in the show because it would've sounded nice. I also have never figured out why White Vision is also named Vision as well. And they should've named him Double Vision after the Foreigner song or referred to him as Vizh but I still adore Vision a lot and I think Paul Bettany did an amazing job in Wandavision playing Vision so well and I think Vision is the role that made Paul Bettany huge for Marvel. But I think Vis is such an adorable nickname but I perfer Visie a lot more as Vision's nickname because even though it's spelled Visie pronouncing it vee-gee makes it cool almost Italian-like

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter