Why hasn't Disney Channel shown any interest in game shows?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I find it shocking that Disney Channel hasn't developed any new game shows since their first one was launched in 1983 and back then game shows were interesting for Disney Channel to have and then they had Teen Win Lose Or Draw Over The Wall Mad Libs and Zoog Genius but ever since the kids revival of Win Lose Or Draw was cancelled I think Disney Channel is in dire need of kids game shows and maybe someday Who Wants To Be A Millionaire reruns could be added to Disney+ in the future. Because kids and family game shows would be a great addition to Disney Channel

There was going to be a Star Wars gameshow for Disney+ or maybe Disney Channel too, but they instead just aired it on their Star Wars Kids YouTube channel. It has Ahmed Best as the host and had kids competing to pass the Jedi trials. It was pretty neat actually. I think I heard there was at least one other gameshow concept in the works (maybe for D+), but I don't know if it is still being developed.

They honestly should have done game shows inside the parks while they were closed last year.

I head something about a Disney trivia game show coming to Disney +. But it doesn’t seem to be happening any time soon.

They honestly should have done game shows inside the parks while they were closed last year.

They did one that was like a holiday challenge with their Disney Channel stars - kind of a quest/puzzle thing. It was obviously somewhat scripted, but I watched it to see some beauty shots of an empty Magic Kingdom. Those lucky kids got to like stand in the Haunted Mansion ballroom and such! I wouldn't mind seeing more of that, maybe with some actual contestants and in-park challenges that incorporate lore from the rides.

That would be so cool if Disney+ added Who Wants To Be A Millionaire to the lineup to honor Regis Philbin's memory. But I agree that Disney Channel is in dire need of some new exciting game shows for kids rather than focusing on cartoons and sitcoms

There used to be some good stuff on Nickelodeon like Double Dare, Figure it Out, and Legends of the Hidden Temple. I am sure Disney could up with some good family/kid options, but people need to watch. Perhaps they think there is not an audience for those kinds of shows today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter