Why is SSR a popular home resort to purchase as resale?

SSR has been one of the cheapest for resale and has pretty much the most points. That is why its popular and often suggested.

Up to you what you want to do but personally I go by the purchase where you want to stay most of the time. I like the ability to lock in my room 11 months out and then if I happen to want to switch some year I can take a look at 7 months to possibly switch.

You should run the math on what the cost difference is both for the upfront cost and the yearly MFs to see if its worth it to buy one place or another.

Yeah, as in "Don't come here"...
Don't come here, the car rental situation, and staffing issues. Also the requirements for entry, and the vaccination proof for a lot of dining. The dock issues at Pearl. etc. etc.

It's certainly not a great time for a one-shot trip to Oahu, for sure.

We own at SSR simply because they are a cheap source of points that don’t expire till 2054. We may actually stay at SSR one out of every ten trips. Sure sometime in the future when the 2042 resorts go away we may not be able to use those points in as many places, but I’ll worry about that in 21 years.

I live in Hawaii and we are thinking of buying a resale at Aulani. Many people suggested buying at SSR and just using the points at Aulani. We won't really be staying during peak times so we don't necessarily need the 11 month window at Aulani. We will probably use it more spontaneously if there is an open room. We would probably travel to Orlando maybe every other year and more to California (which I want to buy either at California Adventure or DLT when that comes out to use only at those locations). Would you recommend SSR resale still? What about BC? Or any other recommendations on which home base to purchase at? We have kids ages 7, 5 and one on the way. TIA!
I too live in Hawaii and we do not own Aulani. The MFs are too high and I don't need the 11 month booking advantage since I too go to Aulani spontaneously for a couple of nights here and there. We also go to WDW every other year and Disneyland twice a year. We own BLT, CCV, and VGC. My advice to you is buy where you want to stay. You may get lucky from time to time using SAP to book at 7 mo but you should always expect to stay where you own. If 11 mo booking isn't important to you and you're ok with staying anywhere, then I would buy the "most economical", which is consistently PVB, SSR, BLT, and CCV, based on years left on the contracts. I echo the previous poster about BLT. There are a LOT of listings right now and MFs are one of the lowest in all of DVC. We love the close proximity to MK and the spacious room layouts. Good luck to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter