Why is there no availability at 11 months plus 1 day out?

Frederic Civish

“I’m just here for the Ears.”
DVC Gold
For the last 2 days something strange has happened. I am trying to get a Value 2 Bedroom Lockoff at Jambo House. I understand that everything was already booked up today, for 11 months out. But it is also all booked up tomorrow, for 11 months and 1 day out. I am NOT talking about the program not letting me make an 11 month booking for tomorrow, right now. I know that to book tomorrow, on the cusp of the 11 month window, I have to wait until tomorrow. But, if you go to look at the availability, it shows NO AVAILABILITY, so I can't even try tomorrow. This also happened yesterday.

I don't mind getting up to be ready at 6 AM, our time (Mountain Time) to be ready to book. But, this morning I couldn't even try. And tomorrow I can't even try. What the heck is going on? Thanks.

I assume because you can book 11 months out from your first day, so if I have a 7 day stay I can book 11 months + 6 days. if enough people have done that there will be 0 availability at 11 months... could also be that rooms are being renovated, I know there were some times around December that the value rooms were not going to be available.

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 10.36.34 AM.png
I agree with Frederic Civish that the 04/24/20 looks weird. First of it is white not gray for those dates that require wait lists and secondly why suspend booking for a single day?

I think I would call Member services today and ask if their system shows that 04/24/20 is available for booking. In fact if it is like that tomorrow you might need to book the reservation through them. Good luck.

That's normal. With the harder to get categories/small categories, there can simply be all rooms booked for those days without anyone checking out. With Club level it will often be booked for 3-4 days into the 11 month period. This is why walking is used so frequently. If you were to plan on trying to Value with a start date of tomorrow you have zero chance. If you watched for the past few weeks you would have multiple chances to try to get a reservation started and some days where there wouldn't have been any chance.

What the heck is going on? Thanks.
I'm sure people are walking their reservations - they can always be 7 days ahead of someone who doesn't have a reservation so if we are looking 11 months from today, if someone has a reservation booked which starts on say 4/18 then they can drop a day and add a day continuously before you even get a chance to book. I think with the new booking system it does make it a bit easier to walk because no one has to call in to make the changes.

Combo of walk and inventory. With a limited number of rooms, it is absolutely credible that no units in a booking category might be available for a specific check-in date.

View attachment 402483
I agree with Frederic Civish that the 04/24/20 looks weird. First of it is white not gray for those dates that require wait lists and secondly why suspend booking for a single day?

I think I would call Member services today and ask if their system shows that 04/24/20 is available for booking. In fact if it is like that tomorrow you might need to book the reservation through them. Good luck.

When you selected the 7 night stay it showed value as being available for 5 nights and selected those 5 nights for a reservation. Because it went to those dates it shows the 24th as not being available because you couldn't start a reservation on that date (being greater than 11 months out). When you expanded the calendar you could have re-selected the dates you had wanted (the full 7 starting on the 23rd) and it would have shown the 24th the same as the 23rd (waitlist only).

Screenshot_2019-05-23 Book a Resort Disney Vacation Club.png

If you are looking at a two bedroom at JH, the studio portion might also be booked up already. That takes a two bedroom out of inventory because they are all lockoffs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter