Why so busy Dec. 2-4

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
Looking to do a fast trip just to see Xmas decorations....most hotels are sold out on the above dates. I know that the Pop Warner and Cheer don't start until December 7th. Perhaps they come in early? Maybe it's because Thanksgiving is so late this year? Anyway, the best rate I could get is at All Star Sports, but if it's the Pop Warner/Sheer taking up the rooms, why is AStS rate so low? If I stay there, will it be crazy busy? Thanks!

It was very slim pickings in June when I booked, before the RotR announcement (though I'm sure people were anticipating that already based on rumors). I think the short time between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year (six fewer days than last year I believe) also has an effect, since people want to squeeze in a trip in before the actual Christmas holidays.

I’ve been going around that time since 1998, always a popular time to stay on site.

I’m planning a solo trip for Nov 28-Dec 8. Back in March, I booked a split stay at rack rate: Nov 23-Dec 3 at POR and then Dec 3-8 at POFQ. Once the discounts were released, I was able to switch the first half to AKL for only $170 more. But I’ve been checking availability for the Dec 3-8 dates since July and there’s zero availability, even at rack rate. I’d love to upgrade to a Deluxe (as I’ve spoiled myself on my last few trips), but I’m so happy that I booked FQ when I did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter