Wilderness Lodge - non guest / parking at MK

Disney.fan

Mouseketeer
We would like to visit Wilderness Lodge mid-November (staying off-site). Is it possible to pay to park at Magic Kingdom and to take the boat from there to Wilderness lodge? If so, approximately how much time would this take? Thanks!

Yes, you could pay to park at the MK lot and ride the boat over. You would walk or take the shuttle to the ttc, probably 10-15 mins for that, then catch the boat for the ride, probably another 20-25 minutes.

Yes, you could pay to park at the MK lot and ride the boat over. You would walk or take the shuttle to the ttc, probably 10-15 mins for that, then catch the boat for the ride, probably another 20-25 minutes.
Thanks so much for the info! Where is the boat located at Magic Kingdom?

Yes, you could drive there directly as well but you can take the boat to Wilderness campground and walk to the ranch.

If you are visiting for dining, you should also be able to park directly at the resort.

Yes, you could drive there directly as well but you can take the boat to Wilderness campground and walk to the ranch.
@dsanner106 Please ensure the information you are providing is correct. Guests cannot park at MK.

Guests also cannot park at a resort they do not have a resort reservation or ADR at. This was stopped when parks re-opened. To even go past security you need to prove one of the above.

Please see my post above about options to visit WL.

@dsanner106 Please ensure the information you are providing is correct. Guests cannot park at MK.

Guests cannot park at a resort they do not have a resort reservation or ADR at. This was stopped when parks re-opened. To even go past security you need to prove one of the above.

If they have arranged for riding at the stables, etc. they are allowed to drive there and park, at least that was our experience in the past. Have they stopped allowing customers to do that?

Guests also cannot park at a resort they do not have a resort reservation or ADR at. This was stopped when parks re-opened. To even go past security you need to prove one of the above.

MK is not a resort, it is a theme park and any member of the public can pay to park at the park. I DID mention that they would be taking the shuttle or walking to the TTC, then tranfser to the boats at the park entrance or near the train exit. If you are driving in and follow the signage to MK, you park in the appropriate lot and go to the TTC, I think you are confusing things here. You do not follow signs to the TTC for parking, you follow MK signs.

Last edited:
MK is not a resort, it is a theme park and any member of the public can pay to park at the park. I would be surprised if Disney would cut off this major source of revenue.
MK has no parking directly at the park as others do. For MK, you have to park at the TTC and take Disney transport to MK.

MK has no parking directly at the park as others do. For MK, you have to park at the TTC and take Disney transport to MK.
Thanks but you are repeating what I said, I did indicate they would be parking and moving to the TTC in my original post

Thanks so much for the info! Where is the boat located at Magic Kingdom?
Just to clear up any confusion as a few others have jumped on here. You follow the signage to the Magic Kingdom and park in the appropriate lot after paying to park. From there you walk or ride the tram to the Ticket and Transportation center, or TTC to get to the park itself. From their either ride the monorail or the large paddle wheeler to the park entrance and when exiting look for the resort boats. Get on the Wilderness Lodge / campground boat and ride to either. If you are riding at the stables and have a reservation, you can just drive to the Wilderness Campground to get to the stables.

Drew

How many in your family? If it's just one or two adults and a kid or two, you might consider making a breakfast reservation at Whispering Canyon, which would get you free parking at WL. The $30 you'd save by not parking in the MK lot would go a long way toward a relatively inexpensive TS meal.

If they have arranged for riding at the stables, etc. they are allowed to drive there and park, at least that was our experience in the past. Have they stopped allowing customers to do that?
The stables are at Fort Wilderness, not the Wilderness Lodge. In the case you mention, they would be allowed to park at the main lot in Fort Wilderness, if they had a horseback riding reservation.

Yes, but again, you follow the signs to Magic Kingdom parking and then walk or take the tram to the Ticket and Transportation center. People get confused if you tell them to look for TTC parking, it does not exist. It is the MK lot, just not located in front of the gates.

We would like to visit Wilderness Lodge mid-November (staying off-site). Is it possible to pay to park at Magic Kingdom and to take the boat from there to Wilderness lodge? If so, approximately how much time would this take? Thanks!

if you do have any sort of resort reservation (ADR or reserved paid activity), you are permitted to park in whatever resort lot, time allotted In order to enjoy the reservation.

at the risk of hearing, off with my head…

have seen people post that when they stay offsite, they do park at DS and take a resort bus to sightsee at the resorts.

I’m sure we will soon find out if this is an encouraged/accepted practice :magnify:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter