Wilderness Lodge vs. CSR

We've always wanted to stay at WL, but have never pulled the trigger.

It is $1600 more than CSR for our dates. That's a lot, no?

If you've stayed at WL, is it worth the extra $$$?

Yes, it can be worth I an extra $200 per night to stay at WL, but it is a lot of extra money. Both resorts are wonderful and we have thoroughly enjoyed staying at them both so if the added cost isn't easy to cover this time around, I would stay (and have) at CSR. We frequently do lower priced resorts to make the trip more affordable and we are looking forward to trying out CBR and CSR again in the near future. The renovations/changes and additions look wonderful! I actually do agree with a PP who said that they like the pool better at CSR than at the WL.

WL is beautiful, with a wonderful lobby and a boat ride to the MK that is so relaxing. You will have interior corridors and a balcony at the WL as well, which is important to DH and me.

Dining at both resorts is good, IMO. (We are looking forward to trying that new restaurant that they are building at CSR.)

Really tough choice, IMO. It really comes down to how you want to spend that $1600, I guess. I wouldn't sacrifice anything that I wanted to do in WDW or put myself in financial difficulty to stay at WL over CSR, though. Just sayin'.

Now, if it is a dream of yours and you can easily do the extra and will spend time at the resort enjoying the amenities..........then I might go for it.

With 8 days, a split stay might be a possibility? We often split our stay between a lower priced and a higher priced deluxe. That way we try 2 different resorts, make the stay at the deluxe more affordable because it is shorter, have an opportunity to avail of different pools and resort amenities and use transportation that is convenient from each resort. For example, I would definitely plan my AK days while at CSR and my MK days while staying at WL. Epcot and DHS are possible from both. I would also look at spending the more expensive weekend days at CSR and move to the WL for lower priced weekdays, if possible. We have a rule of thumb that we stay a minimum of 3 nights at a resort. If 4 nights is a bit much at WL, perhaps a 5/3 split would work. An extra $600 gives you an opportunity to try WL for 3 nights without breaking the bank.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your trip!!

1600...no way I love W.L. but only stay if we get great codes of 30% off. In no way shape or form is it sane to spend 1600 more for a dark room when you sleep. Just no way. CSR Is fantastic. It and POFQ are IMHO almost a deluxe resort. 1600 goes a long way to another trip to WDW if you go value. But, no 1600 more for WL no no way. Nothing is worth 200.00 in the dark and we all spend 90% of time away from resort..

For us part of the experience of a vacation is the resort. When we walk into the WL we truly get the feeling of "Welcome Home". We love the parks but the resort sets the tone of our vacation. So I would say it is worth the money if you can swing it financially.

You are looking at a moderate resort vs deluxe. There are definite differences. In the feel atmosphere and size of the rooms. I haven't read through all the posts, but have you considered a split stay? 4 nights CSR and then 4 nights to end the trip at WL. This way you get the best of both worlds -- you get to experience both and you are not paying $1600 more. The other thing to consider is that CSR is currently under construction with the big tower and the lake bar they are building. Sometimes the construction can affect the ambiance of the resort.

If you can spare the $1600 then go for it. If you want to save a little money then do a split stay. I don't think you will regret doing a split stay and getting to experience both.

We split stay all the time. Do first 4 nights at CSR and the last 4 at WL. Then you can experience both of them and save money. People make a big deal about doing a split stay but it’s super easy to do. Enjoy your vacation!

I wouldn't pay $1600 more to stay at any deluxe and we've enjoyed just about all of them! And I actually just switched from a std. view room at BC (which we absolutely love) over to CSR to stay in the new tower this coming August and saved $900 which was a significant savings to me! CSR is a wonderful resort and like another pp mentioned their pool, IMHO, is the second best pool on property next to SAB at the BC! Whichever resort you choose, I do hope you have a wonderful vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter