Will 2 adults feel out of place at 'Ohana breakfast?

Donop26

Mouseketeer
I booked 'Ohana for breakfast for my husband and I. We're leaving the (big) kiddos home/college. The food looks good and it's the perfect date/time/location for us as we will be on our first DVC trip at our home resort Bay Lake Tower (no Uber needed!). We adore the Poly/'Ohana and have dinner reservations later in our trip. Just wondering if we will feel awkward with no children. I had Kona breakfast booked, but the menu really didn't impress us.

We are 3 adults who visit every few years and usually do a few character breakfasts. Never been to that one but have done Crystal Palace, Cape May, Tusker House, and Chef Mickey’s. We always see other adult only tables as well and some took pictures and got autographs. Of course that was prior to Covid so not sure if they are back to that.

Before i had a baby I used to go all the time to character dining I loved meeting them! Never felt out of place and we weren’t the only adult couple there

I booked 'Ohana for breakfast for my husband and I. We're leaving the (big) kiddos home/college. The food looks good and it's the perfect date/time/location for us as we will be on our first DVC trip at our home resort Bay Lake Tower (no Uber needed!). We adore the Poly/'Ohana and have dinner reservations later in our trip. Just wondering if we will feel awkward with no children. I had Kona breakfast booked, but the menu really didn't impress us.
Any particular reason you think you might feel awkward? Adults go to Disney all the time without children. I can't think of any restaurants that are so geared towards kids that it would be odd for adults to be there alone.

Why would you feel out of place? Are adults not allowed to eat unless they have kids with them? :-) If you look around, you will see many adults without kids at all of the restaurants around WDW.

My wife and I (no kids) just did Topolino's character breakfast. Didn't feel out of place at all and had a blast.

I don't know why you'd feel out of place?
It's a restaurant.
There's (good?) food in front of me.
I'm hungry.
Digging in without a second thought.

Why would you feel out of place? Are adults not allowed to eat unless they have kids with them? :-)
Exactly! This is Disney, where kids of all ages are welcome.

Now, were you to join DH and me there for one of our favorite breakfasts, I'd certainly understand your feeling embarrassed seated with me, the way I typically dress at WDW character meals.

See avatar for reference: a Maleficent hat, Stitch t-shirt and a Mickey Happy Holidays necklace with Mickey Santa head pendant. I would at least refrain from turning on the necklace and pendant's red-green-blue lights. The lights just don't show up well indoors. 😉

Never been but I found the question interesting because my wife and I are more likely to solo WDW than to bring the kids, and if there's one thing major draw of doing so it's running around the parks and resorts like oversized children. I do think that anyone who would feel out of place in an environment that welcomes that would probably feel most out of place at character dining, but the opposite could be true and the character dining could end up being the thing that really beaks the ice for an "adult" couple.

If you feel you will feel awkward or out of place, you will feel awkward and out of place.

I've gone with two adult men (so three old guys) and none of us felt out of place.
I've gone solo an not felt awkward.

No one in the restaurant will make you feel out of place - only you can make yourself feel out of place.

I went to Disneyworld for the first time with the wife last year and going back this February. My opinion is we are all kids at heart there. Talk to the characters, get excited to see them and who cares what anyone else thinks. You will never see these people again and have the time of your life. Tomorrow is never promised

When I did the Tusker House character breakfast as a solo, I was seated near a nice adult couple. We all were happily getting photos with the characters, and even ended up taking photos for each other a couple of times. You will definitely not be out of place.

I’ve done lots of character meals as an adult, either solo or with other adults, and have always felt welcome and had a great time.

There is nothing that you can do at WDW that would make you feel out of place regardless of your age.

Disney is for the kid at heart… Just go and enjoy yourself and be a kid all over again! Although I would not recommend you wearing a bib!😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter