Will anti-vaxxers decline the coronavirus vaccine (when it's eventually available)?

I just read an article last night that one reason a potential vaccine for Covid-19 will take longer is because the vaccine won’t be grown in eggs.

As an aside, the article also mentioned the US’s secret stockpile of chickens & their eggs that are used annually for the flu vaccine - which, while I knew the flu vaccine used eggs, I had NO IDEA that the US has a secret stockpile of chickens & their eggs expressly for this purpose. I mean, it makes sense now that I think about it, but I’d just never given it much thought before.

Regarding a COVID-19 vaccine, yes, I know several people who will NOT get it & will probably end up posting all kinds of conspiracy theories & will say things like, ‘It’s just a cold. Why should I get a vaccine for a cold?”

I remember back in 2009, as soon as the H1N1 vaccine was available, we were in line & were some of the first in our community to be able to receive it since, at the time, we had 2 “at risk” people in our household - a little boy w/ asthma & a 3 month old baby. And I was grateful!!
I literally read article right after my post and was relieved. I hope it stays true!

I wouldn't put it past the government to make vaccinations for this virus mandatory punishable by law. They have already basically initiated a watered down version of Marshall law. As far as getting the virus now to build immunity they have said you dont build antibodies to this strain and can get it again. Bummer.
Vaccines work by tricking your body into building immune response, if it you don't get natural immunity after exposure, a vaccine will be ineffective. Scientists studying this now believe it will behave like similar coronavirus and a vaccine will be effective.

I just read an article last night that one reason a potential vaccine for Covid-19 will take longer is because the vaccine won’t be grown in eggs.

As an aside, the article also mentioned the US’s secret stockpile of chickens & their eggs that are used annually for the flu vaccine - which, while I knew the flu vaccine used eggs, I had NO IDEA that the US has a secret stockpile of chickens & their eggs expressly for this purpose. I mean, it makes sense now that I think about it, but I’d just never given it much thought before.
I literally read article right after my post and was relieved. I hope it stays true!
Where can we link to this article?
Ok, I’m a skeptic. And, a secret stockpile? Did the article mention which came first?

Where can we link to this article?
Ok, I’m a skeptic. And, a secret stockpile? Did the article mention which came first?

I know, right? We need a link.

I’ll see if I can find it...

And I’m “The chicken came first” kinda person.

I think many will not. Either they don't believe the virus is a big deal, or they think they can reduce its effect with natural remedies, or they think that vaccines are more dangerous than the virus, or they don't trust newer vaccines, etc. There are a lot of different reasons why they may opt out of the vaccine.

As an asthmatic, I would like the opportunity to have the vaccine in the future, because I know what it's like to lie in a hospital bed struggling to breathe and it's not pleasant, so I'd like any help I can get in avoiding that again. I (along with my doctors, of course) have had a good handle on my symptoms for many years now. It's been about 12 years since I last required emergency medical help for an attack. But even after that amount of time I can easily and clearly recall how awful that felt.

I know of at least one relative who is “light-vax.” Like she skipped the chicken pox vaccine for her kids, but did the MMR shots. She doesn’t do flu shots, but has been posting that she’s hopeful to get a coronavirus vaccine soon.

I think it should be mandatory that if you get the coronavirus shot, you also get a flu shot (baring medical reasons).

I wouldn't put it past the government to make vaccinations for this virus mandatory punishable by law. They have already basically initiated a watered down version of Marshall law. As far as getting the virus now to build immunity they have said you dont build antibodies to this strain and can get it again. Bummer.
I think Eminem would do a great job of handling this. It would make press conferences lit.

Who are "they"? CDC, WHO, or YouTubers? Citation, documentation, or link please?

Hey, Sen. Rubio, good to see you on the Dis. Too bad you can’t use your FRAP.

https://www.deseret.com/u-s-world/2...vid19-marco-rubio-marshall-law-vs-martial-law

:eek: Where did you get this information? I have not read or heard it anywhere and I've been looking/listening closely for it. Without a vaccine, this is VITAL for the development of herd-immunity and the slow-down of spread. Please provide your sources.
I have a few Facebook friends who are staunch anti-vaxers and strongly believe in homeopathy. I have not yet seen them express any views on a Covid-19 vaccine. I have also learned not to have conversations with these people about vaccines. They pretty much just talk in circles.
:scratchin I've not studied up on this and don't really know any rabid anti-vaxers personally. I've always been under the impression that it implies parents not accepting the normal childhood vaccines for their kids due to the fear of permanent neurological side-effects. Am I understanding it wrong? Are they generally against all vaccines?

:eek: Where did you get this information? I have not read or heard it anywhere and I've been looking/listening closely for it. Without a vaccine, this is VITAL for the development of herd-immunity and the slow-down of spread. Please provide your sources.

:scratchin I've not studied up on this and don't really know any rabid anti-vaxers personally. I've always been under the impression that it implies parents not accepting the normal childhood vaccines for their kids due to the fear of permanent neurological side-effects. Am I understanding it wrong? Are they generally against all vaccines?

You might want to search “biblical basis anti vax.” The Christianity Today article and the “open bible” link were interesting.

You mean someone thinks that polio wasn't a "real thing"? Hunh?
Polio is real. My friend’s mom had it. She is terrified what Covid-19 will do to her mom. She is elderly and already had respiration issues.

my mom is 69 and will claw her way to be first in line once a vax is available.

the anti vax population around us seem to be anti no matter what vax it is. the state passed more restrictive laws starting this past fall on immunization requirements for school kids and the numbers being report by districts of kids who were going to be barred from attendance b/c their parents refused to comply was astounding. the thing i found fascinating though was a trip last fall to a local doctors office that houses a drop in clinic frequented by the college students-there was prominent signage about how to arrange to get immunizations, how they couldn't be done at walk-in, how far out they were booking....i was curious and inquired of the med staff what the deal was. apparently some of the local universities have instituted vax verification (or proof of immunity) and if a person asks for a waiver they in turn have to sign a waiver that says if there's an outbreak the university has the right to ban them from campus/classes/dorms with no special accommodations made so allot of students who were raised anti vax were opting to vax. if a vax for this virus becomes available i won't be surprised to see it added to both k-12 and the universities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter