• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will be there first weekend of November. Holiday decorations up?

Rags

DIS Veteran
Will be there the first weekend in November. Will the decorations be up for the holidays, parades, Grinchmas? I have a feeling I may miss it by a week:(

Will be there the first weekend in November. Will the decorations be up for the holidays, parades, Grinchmas? I have a feeling I may miss it by a week:(
I think festivities occur around November 12, but someone else may know for sure.

Just checked…Festivities/events begin on the 12th, but I can’t remember if they decorate earlier than that.

Last edited:
Universal decorates earlier than that. You'll see some but not all of the decorations. Seuss Landing & Hogsmeade will already be decked out. No holiday "happenings" that early though.

I think festivities occur around November 12, but someone else may know for sure.

Just checked…Festivities/events begin on the 12th, but I can’t remember if they decorate earlier than that.
Wait...what?! We are going to be there Nov 13-18 and just assumed we wouldn't see anything Christmassy seeing as we are there before American Thanksgiving!

Time to rethink some touring plans...what should we not miss??? We have an absolute Christmas nut with us..like Grinchmas will probably make her cry with joy...

Wait...what?! We are going to be there Nov 13-18 and just assumed we wouldn't see anything Christmassy seeing as we are there before American Thanksgiving!

Time to rethink some touring plans...what should we not miss??? We have an absolute Christmas nut with us..like Grinchmas will probably make her cry with joy...
Here is a list of happenings from OU’s site: https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/events/holidays-at-universal

I am a Christmas nut as well and love hearing the holiday music piped throughout Studios and seeing the decorations in both parks, Citywalk and the resorts. Last year in Citywalk they had cute little cabins “Mistletoe Pine Village” that sold holiday treats and snacks. Not sure when they open though… and I could be wrong, but not sure there’s confirmation that they’ll reappear this season. In Studios, they also decked out the Tribute Store for the holidays which I’m assuming they will again.

We also really enjoyed the Christmas parade in Studios, not to mention the huge glorious Christmas tree. As much as I love Dr Seuss and the original Grinch movie, I’m not a big fan of the live action movie. So we’ve never done Grinchmas yet although I heard it’s great. It sounds like you have a big grinch fan, so I’m sure they’d love it. There’s a breakfast with the Grinch as well which is also noted towards the bottom of that link. Now if there would ever be a meet and greet with Cousin Eddie or anything related to National Lampoon Christmas Vacation, I’d be all over it!! 😃🎄

We'll be there 14th-19th for a surprise birthday for my daughter and sister. Tried looking into the breakfast with the grinch however it doesn't start it seems till our departure date :(
Do any of the resorts do anything special for the holidays? Portofino, where we're staying, do anything in particular?

We'll be there 14th-19th for a surprise birthday for my daughter and sister. Tried looking into the breakfast with the grinch however it doesn't start it seems till our departure date :(
Do any of the resorts do anything special for the holidays? Portofino, where we're staying, do anything in particular?
Looks like it's only weekends at first. Can't do the 19th?

Christmas decorations have started to go up in Seuss Landing as of yesterday/today, but nothing "Christmasy" starts until the 12th. That starts breakfast with the Grinch. Then the holiday tours are starting a week later I believe.

Christmas decorations have started to go up in Seuss Landing as of yesterday/today, but nothing "Christmasy" starts until the 12th. That starts breakfast with the Grinch. Then the holiday tours are starting a week later I believe.
Haha great minds think alike 🤣

IoA should at least be decorated for Christmas at the start of November. Decorations have already gone up around entrance//Port of Entry area and Seuss Landing. Hogsmeade will probably be next with stuff up soon as these are the main areas with Christmas decor. Studios will likley not put up stuff until the start of November since the have HHN going on. So start of the month will have a quick tear down of it and putting up the Christmas stuff. No official festivities at either park until the 12th though.

If you enjoy parades, their Macy's Christmas Parade is really good. I enjoy seeing the floats but find parades overall a bit dull but really enjoyed this one last year. Grinchmas was a really fun show too. The Grinch has some genuinely funny moments throughout the show.
At the studios park definitely go through the Tribute Store as well. If you're not familiar with it, white it is a shop it is 4 rooms that are completely decked out for the holidays or special events throughout the year. It always looks amazing and is almost like a walkthrough attraction in itself. They change it up every time so it's never the same. You can see videos from previous years and holidays on Youtube.
One other thing that isn't an official Christmas thing but I recommend. Ride the Seuss Trolly Train ride at night. The elevated ride path around Seuss Landing gives a nice relaxing trip with great views of the decorations and lights around the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter