Will Disney ever connect Epcot two entrances?

With all the planned and needed updates and improvements, I can't imagine such a transportation option is even being discussed - too little benefit. There are several options to get from resorts to parks already. Not even sure how they would do that? Skyliner directly over EPCOT? That would be a real eye-sore.....
They could bill it as a new ride update…….’Soarin over Epcot’

Walking through Epcot is lovely if you are an annual pass holder (and that only if you haven’t gone into another park that day or are past the hour for hopping). Otherwise, it’s not an option. We like to visit the Boardwalk area. Years ago it was touted as an attraction. I remember the little trams. Of course the boats that went across the lake at Epcot back then were totally open, and the characters just wandered around and said hi, but I digress.

I think it’s very much needed and a small extension to either the monorail or skyliner.

Last time we stayed at BWV we were in Epcot, close to the front, and it started to sprinkle. So we walked all the way to the back entrance boats. Just as we got close it started to pour and lightning and thunder. When we got to the boats they wouldn’t let anyone on. ‘’Closed because of the weather’. So we had to either walk all the way to the resort in a thunderstorm or walk all the way back to the front entrance busses, in a terrible thunderstorm, to get to the resort. Last time we ever stayed at BWV or BCV.

But in that story, extending the Skyliner route wouldn't be any help either - because Skyliner wouldn't be running!
I haven’t had a lot of experience with the skyliner, so I’m gathering from your post they shut that down in thunderstorms. That is an issue, especially given Florida has a lot of thunderstorms.

I haven’t had a lot of experience with the skyliner, so I’m gathering from your post they shut that down in thunderstorms. That is an issue, especially given Florida has a lot of thunderstorms.
You really need to plan for the possibility it might shut down for a period of time during the hotter, stormier weather - as you do the boats, at times.

I think a will disney ever connect question should be more in line with... the airport! MCO connection to WDW would be such a bright experience. For getting from 1 side of EPCOT to the other... renting a scooter or wheelchair is probably the best option... :moped:

think a will disney ever connect question should be more in line with... the airport! MCO connection to WDW would be such a bright experience.

Disney used to have DME (buses) for getting the 33 miles from MCO to Disney hotels. Mears now performs that service for an added fee. I can't imagine them every running something like the monorail or skyliner that distance. The cost would be huge and they would also have to pay an exorbitant amount of money for the right of way for land they don't own. Current Disney transportation (monorail/skyliner) runs on property they already own.

You really need to plan for the possibility it might shut down for a period of time during the hotter, stormier weather - as you do the boats, at times.
For the most part we stay at AKV, SSR, and OKW as those are our favorites. Busses run for all destinations for those resorts so, while I like the skyliner and monorail better, no thunderstorm backup needed.

I think a will disney ever connect question should be more in line with... the airport! MCO connection to WDW would be such a bright experience. For getting from 1 side of EPCOT to the other... renting a scooter or wheelchair is probably the best option... :moped:
Supposedly the Brightline train is supposed to build a line to connect the airport with Downtown Disney. So that will take care of that. Question is will Disney then run busses from that station to the resorts for those arriving on Brightline.

Supposedly the Brightline train is supposed to build a line to connect the airport with Downtown Disney. So that will take care of that. Question is will Disney then run busses from that station to the resorts for those arriving on Brightline.
I doubt that the bright line extension will ever happen.

Walking through Epcot is lovely if you are an annual pass holder (and that only if you haven’t gone into another park that day or are past the hour for hopping). Otherwise, it’s not an option. We like to visit the Boardwalk area. Years ago it was touted as an attraction. I remember the little trams. Of course the boats that went across the lake at Epcot back then were totally open, and the characters just wandered around and said hi, but I digress.

I think it’s very much needed and a small extension to either the monorail or skyliner.

Last time we stayed at BWV we were in Epcot, close to the front, and it started to sprinkle. So we walked all the way to the back entrance boats. Just as we got close it started to pour and lightning and thunder. When we got to the boats they wouldn’t let anyone on. ‘’Closed because of the weather’. So we had to either walk all the way to the resort in a thunderstorm or walk all the way back to the front entrance busses, in a terrible thunderstorm, to get to the resort. Last time we ever stayed at BWV or BCV.
There are no buses, as of six months ago from when I was in transportation to Crescent Lake resorts to and from the front of Epcot. Also, there are no buses to and from any place the skyliner services when the skyliner is operating.
Transportation, all transportation on property, including buses all have different thresholds of weather shut downs. Skyliner and boats will run in the rain. It’s lightning that shuts these forms of transportation down most often. If you come to Florida, especially in the summer (our wet season) prepare to get rained on at any given moment. These rain, thunderstorms come out of nowhere a lot of times and dont last all day. If it’s raining that hard, take shelter please, give it a few minutes and it will slow down or stop. At that point you can make the short walk to any crescent Lake resort safely. No need to be exposed to weather that a poncho or umbrella can’t handle. Same way from an OKW bus stop to your room.
The main entrance and IG are no where near each other. They both serve two different purposes. You won’t see the skyliner connecting these two entrances and could bet my first born you won’t see a monorail connecting these two places either. These forms of transportation are veeeeeeeeeery expensive to build, operate and maintain. Its the only park that has two separate entrances/exits and both are designed for different purposes.

Never thought the talk of Brightline having a track to Disney Springs made any sense particularly when it would primarily benefit only one customer/business (i.e. Disney). What % of those staying at Disney would actually use this train? Disney would also need to develop some means to get people/luggage from the train station to their hotels. Seems like more work/cost/logistics then it would be worth.

Never thought the talk of Brightline having a track to Disney Springs made any sense particularly when it would primarily benefit only one customer/business (i.e. Disney). What % of those staying at Disney would actually use this train? Disney would also need to develop some means to get people/luggage from the train station to their hotels. Seems like more work/cost/logistics then it would be worth.
What’s occurred thus far with Brightline isn’t about what makes people-sense so much as who can Brightline (a private venture) extract funding from. There’s basically two alignments for BL to go from MCO to Tampa, the end goal. BL leaning towards the 417 way and somehow connecting with DS, would have bypassed the important Orange County Convention Center & the area of Universal’s new gate. After an extended look, magically they found a cheaper way to do the Convention Center / 528 alignment, and also came up with millions of dollars of funding from Universal and the county.

This is what it’s really about. OCCC is a massive venue and potential passenger volume, and the new track will also allow the commuter rail system to link to the airport.
https://www.trains.com/trn/news-rev...-to-help-fund-sunshine-corridor-rail-project/
There’s still the potential for a stop either beside I-4 or in the median near DS, but that would entail a big pedestrian walkway over I-4. Whether they do or don’t, it’s not quite a DME replacement.

I would really like to see Disney have a transportation connection between the two entrances. Monorail expansion? Skyliner expansion?
Not necessary and would not make any financial sense to do this.

Not happening. Was announced LONG ago that this is not happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter