Will FP and dining reservations show a conflict of times?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I have quite some time before i need to book FP but I was wondering if the MDE system would show a conflict of time if there was a dining reservation overlapping a FP window or they pretty independent systems.

So for my example -if i have a 12:30 lunch reservation but i want to start my FP window at 1:00pm - would there be an issue with that?

My reasoning is to get a FP done so i don't have to wait around an hour for the next one or the ability to schedule a 4th FP.

We recently had BOG for 1:15pm, and Seven DMT for 1:45pm. I got a warning, but was able to book both. As BOG is a QS at lunch, and the two are beside each other, it worked out fine. Also, we mostly ordered portable sandwiches, so we easily could have carried them to go.

If your ADR is just pretty much anything other than lunch at BOG, I'm not sure I'd risk it. TS often run late, as in we've been seated 30+minutes past our ADR a great many times, even though we usually arrive 15min before our ADR time. TS meals usually take 90minutes, but sometimes they can be quite a bit slower.

Sadly other delays are also pretty common these days: ride breakdowns, slow transportation, and even MDE has been down. Other times, we've had annoying delays paying our dining bill.

Over the summer we had a particularly bad meal at 'Ohana. The ADR time was 7pm. We checked-in at 6:45pm, but STILL didn't have our bill at 9:30pm!

They would probably be ok. Plus if they were in the restaurant and it was running late, they could try to modify the fast pass and push it back a bit. Also - try checking in a few minutes early to the restaurant and ask for the check before you are finished eating.

Now - if the fast pass is for something you are dying to do - that's a different story.

They would probably be ok. Plus if they were in the restaurant and it was running late, they could try to modify the fast pass and push it back a bit. Also - try checking in a few minutes early to the restaurant and ask for the check before you are finished eating.

Now - if the fast pass is for something you are dying to do - that's a different story.

If the FP is a low priority then yes. There's a big (priority) difference between our 3 pre-booked FP, and any we extras we get beyond those 3.

Indeed, now that you mention it, we did pick a low-priority 6th FP with slightly tight timing. When we looked at our (5th) FP options, there weren't many choices. It was worth the gamble.

I wouldn't count on being able to push back an e-ride Mtn FP.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter