• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will GFV be finished on time?

moreisgood

Falling in love
Does anyone have a status or info on the completion date for the GFV? What happens if it's not done before the first reservation? We have reservations the first week of November, and my 10 year old just asked me the "what if" question. And I don't know the answer. Help!

I saw pics from mid august, the outside is basically done. Did not see the inside, but for that, they do not have to worry about weather, it can rain 40 days straight.

I wouldnt worry, I think Disney would have such a (legal) mess on their hands.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3158738

No legal mess, they state that it is scheduled to open, not that it will open.

:earsboy: Bill

So, Bill, what to do think will happen to people with reservations if they don't open as scheduled?

I think that it will open as scheduled. If they need more time, they have 25% of the units not declared and lots of unsold units that they can finish building. They could open floors 1 - 4 and work on 5 & 6 if they had to but I think that they will be done for the most part.

We don't know how many rooms they have released for booking and how many they might be holding back just in case.

There still might be some odds and ends and maybe exterior planting but that's about all.

:earsboy: Bill

Walked by last night. Some units had lights on and I could see what looked like parts of the kitchens and the molding. It looked farther along than I thought it would be based on the photos I had seen online

Agreed, no legal issues but I think it a safe bet that the General Contractor would be out serious $ if they were late in delivering and I expect that there are considerable incentives in the contract for them to finish ahead of schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter