Will guest experience suffer on the first sailings?

What are the complaints on the infinite balcony? The people in the videos I saw had one and loved it.
I would like to know this myself because the balcony looks really cool. I did read on Cruise critic several who hated it because when you open the window the air turns off and also some mentioned the light that comes in. Meaning if one wants to go sit in the morning to have coffee while your partner is sleeping the cabin fills with light. No curtain to block. I love the way it makes the cabin look roomier though.
It's basically those complaints. As soon as you open the window the entire room gets hot and takes a while to cool back down (assuming you're cruising somewhere warm), and it's not really a veranda as much as it is an extension of the room with an openable window so there isn't much separation. I personally think it's a neat idea because the extra usable room seems really nice, but a lot of people have a clear preference for the Sunset Verandas on the aft of the ship (or suites) to get a full veranda. (For some reason I thought there were Sky Suites with infinite verandas on the Edge, but it looks like they all have normal verandas.)

We definitely want a real balcony on EDGE - my TA is aware and looking accordingly. Is October 9th a western or eastern? That might be the one we are looking at!

We definitely want a real balcony on EDGE - my TA is aware and looking accordingly. Is October 9th a western or eastern? That might be the one we are looking at!
October 9th is Eastern. The June 26th sailing was Western, so we wanted some variety.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter