Will MLB have to abandoned the shortened season?

Not relating to any shortening of the season per se, but it's been interesting with the night games scheduled earlier. A typical start time was 7:05, but now they're scheduled for 6:05 or 6:35.

Not relating to any shortening of the season per se, but it's been interesting with the night games scheduled earlier. A typical start time was 7:05, but now they're scheduled for 6:05 or 6:35.

Can't keep the millionaire players up past their bed times.

Can't keep the millionaire players up past their bed times.

Honestly I think it's better for all involved. I used to try to get from work to a night game at 7:05 and I'd often miss first pitch.

Honestly I think it's better for all involved. I used to try to get from work to a night game at 7:05 and I'd often miss first pitch.
We like it, we get to watch a couple of innings before bed at 7 pm. Normally we might push it as late at 7:30 pm to watch the first inning.

I’ve not heard the words “Dusty Baker” and “class act” together in a sentence for nearly 15 years.
Well, I am in Sacramento where he was born and raised and where he has been very active in youth sports for decades. I only met him once, however I served on a Little League Board with his father for 8 years and through his dad he was very generous. Those where mostly his years as the manager of the Giants. He was much more supportive than the Giants were. The A's were very supportive,

Well, I am in Sacramento where he was born and raised and where he has been very active in youth sports for decades. I only met him once, however I served on a Little League Board with his father for 8 years and through his dad he was very generous. Those where mostly his years as the manager of the Giants. He was much more supportive than the Giants were. The A's were very supportive,
I liked dusty during his Cincinnati years.

In just to say... I haven't watched one moment of MLB or NBA. Haven't missed it. I probably won't watch the NFL, not sure I want to be lectured for 4 hours.

People are realizing there are other ways to pass their time.

I wouldn't mind if it all crashed, so it can be re-built. College football needs to experience the same, sports has gotten out of control.

/end

Cardinals have played only 5 games so far. Most teams have played 12-18 games. Their next game is scheduled for this Friday. How will they make up those games? They have 18 postponed games so far.
They'll do a whole bunch of double-headers. The Marlins have done one, and have two more each against the Phillies and Nats.

I'm not sure how the Cards are going to make up all 18 games unless they extend the season.

They'll do a whole bunch of double-headers. The Marlins have done one, and have two more each against the Phillies and Nats.

I'm not sure how the Cards are going to make up all 18 games unless they extend the season.
Yes, I know about the many double headers scheduled for many of the teams, but that would be double headers for 2/3's of the Cardinals' remaining season. That is a stretch, even if the games are only 7 innings each, assuming no ties in the 7th.

Happy to report my Reds made the playoffs! I’m so glad this short season has been relatively successful.

Happy to report my Reds made the playoffs! I’m so glad this short season has been relatively successful.
Relative I guess is the key word. 43 games postponed so far due to covid. My A's are playing a double header with the Mariners today to made up for a covid canceled game. We have one player on the IL due to covid exposure.

I’ve been watching the Phillies give games away. :( I have been happy to watch baseball, thought it wasn’t going to happen at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter