Will MNSSHP in August sell out?

principessa0ox

Mouseketeer
Hi all! We have decided to book a last minute trip for the end of August. Right now I’m focusing on paying off the package and the flights, so I won’t have funds for MNSSHP tickets until August 10. What are the odds it’ll sell out?

I think the October ones have a bigger chance of selling out, but I haven’t been in August before.

The first one did last year (was in late August). It was the only August date last year. The first one is always at risk of selling out but unlikely the other August dates sell out.

The first one did last year (was in late August). It was the only August date last year. The first one is always at risk of selling out but unlikely the other August dates sell out.
I don’t think any August or September dates sold out last year. From what I’ve read though the first party was more crowded then the other August or early September parties. The first party felt crowded though.

Not to hijack the thread but.. :rotfl::rotfl:

I want to buy my tickets last minute because I don't want to do it if it's going to rain. Can you buy tickets like two days before for the September 3rd party?

Not to hijack the thread but.. :rotfl::rotfl:

I want to buy my tickets last minute because I don't want to do it if it's going to rain. Can you buy tickets like two days before for the September 3rd party?

You can buy tickets day of. You can buy them right at the gate if you'd like and head in. As long as they are not sold out you can buy a ticket.

When at 7 the park is closed and cleared of day guests we used to tell people if they wanted to stay you can buy tickets at Guest Relations if they wanted to stay.

The opening night (August 17) may sell out, however, in the past most of the early sell outs sell out the day before so, August 10 should be an okay purchase date.

emmabelle, I'd check the expected crowd calendars (Kenny the pirate and undercover tourist are the two big ones) but I suspect you'd be okay with an early party on a Monday. Having said that I grew up in Florida, and I don't think you can trust the forecast even 24 hours out. :P

Except for the Disney v/bloggers and websites that want to report on the new entertainment offerings at the parties I can't fathom why anyone would want to go to a Halloween party in August!

Except for the Disney v/bloggers and websites that want to report on the new entertainment offerings at the parties I can't fathom why anyone would want to go to a Halloween party in August!
Unfortunately, because due to school we can’t go in October. My kids had always wanted to do the MNSSHP and we were able to attend last August. They had a blast. We’re going to Disney again this August and when asked what they were looking forward to the most....they both said MNSSHP. It really was so much fun!

I don’t think any August or September dates sold out last year. From what I’ve read though the first party was more crowded then the other August or early September parties. The first party felt crowded though.

The first one, August 25 was sold out. (if you are using touring plans blog from a couple months ago, they ignore Aug 25 in their analysis. If you go back and look at the 2017 thread, Aug 25th was indeed sold out. I was there, it was nuts and full of bloggers, etc.)

I can't fathom why anyone would want to go to a Halloween party in August!

Halloween is religious or cultural event for some folks, and going on the actual day would be a conflict with other obligations. There are also school and work obligations that mean people can't attend during the fall. Then there are people like me who enjoy Halloween all year round, and celebrate with Halloween conventions in July, Summer-ween parties in June, and half-way day parties on May 1. Some people keep a Christmas tree up all year long or plan huge Easter brunches, it's nice that everyone can have their own thing without being ridiculed.

Last edited:
The first one, August 25 was sold out. (if you are using touring plans blog from a couple months ago, they ignore Aug 25 in their analysis. If you go back and look at the 2017 thread, Aug 25th was indeed sold out. I was there, it was nuts and full of bloggers, etc.)

I can't find any info. that indicates Aug. 25th was sold out last year. Do you have a link?

I was also at last year's first party. It was definitely more crowded then the first party in 2016, but not as crowded as the sold out party I've been to in the past.

I went to the first August party last year and we are going to the August 24 one this year. I can only speak for myself, but I enjoy it. It's completely immersive, so, it could be really any day of the year and when you step inside MK that evening, it's Halloween. Just like any immersive Disney ride or experience (PoTC, Sci-Fi, etc.), it just doesn't matter to me what reality actually is. Disney gives us the opportunity to suspend belief and reality for a time and enjoy! Why does anyone want to eat in fake cars in a 50's outdoor movie theater in the year 2018? Because it's fun to make believe!

Unfortunately, because due to school we can’t go in October. My kids had always wanted to do the MNSSHP and we were able to attend last August. They had a blast. We’re going to Disney again this August and when asked what they were looking forward to the most....they both said MNSSHP. It really was so much fun!

We are going August 17. We are so excited that MNSSHP is actually happening during our vacation!! We'll gladly Trick or Treat in August.

I went to the first August party last year and we are going to the August 24 one this year. I can only speak for myself, but I enjoy it. It's completely immersive, so, it could be really any day of the year and when you step inside MK that evening, it's Halloween. Just like any immersive Disney ride or experience (PoTC, Sci-Fi, etc.), it just doesn't matter to me what reality actually is. Disney gives us the opportunity to suspend belief and reality for a time and enjoy! Why does anyone want to eat in fake cars in a 50's outdoor movie theater in the year 2018? Because it's fun to make believe!
I just assumed @goodeats meant because it would most likely still be so hot, but I could be wrong. Thats always been the only thing that has hampered my party enjoyment in the slightest—when the weather ends up too warm for our chosen costumes. Otherwise, I wouldn’t let the calendar hamper my enjoyment. Heck, I put my Christmas tree up on Veterans Day last year LOL

Our party last year was 8/29 and it was amazing! The sun goes down and it doesn't feel as hot. We are doing 10/11 this year because our August trip is earlier this year and there are no parties then.

We are doing the 8/24 party this year and rather than bulky costumes we are just planning on doing Disneybounds :)

Because it's fun! I've done August parties the past 3 years because that's always when we go to WDW and had a blast every time. Sure, it's early, but it's WDW - what better place to let your imagination go and enjoy a little Halloween fun early.

Walgreens ALREADY has Halloween candy out now so August seems in line with stores.
We’ve been to the party before in September.
That being said, our late August trip this year we’re skipping it. Just due to the fact that I don’t want to hurry around getting costumes for everyone together and then try to modify them to be comfortable in August weather. (Everyone living in the south knows that annual argument you have with your kids where someone wants to be a polar bear for Halloween and you have to tell them no because it might be 85 degrees with 90% humidity on Halloween night)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter