Will new May Promotion open up more ADR availablity??

goofygal531

Always planning...
Disney just released a new promotion Kids Play free in the month of May. I'm guessing they're not filling up rooms. However, I can't get into Chef Mickey's the entire first week of May for breakfast or dinner.

I'm wondering if new bookings will effect the ADR availablilty? Perhaps right now the restaurants are at half staff???

Anyone know how it operates???

Just a guess, but I would think not. I doubt they would ever only have Chef Mickey's at half-staff, it's one of the most popular restaurants at WDW. I think it's not available since you could book ADRs 180 days in advance and Chef Mickey's is very popular.

I know. I was thinking about talking to dh to switching our trip to May, but then I tried to get ADR's and I couldn't get any dinner or breakfast ressies at Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare or Crystal Palace for the first week in May or the last.

We'd save $1000.00 by switching to May, but I really want to Character dine while we are there since our first trip and I know we won't be back for a few years :(

I know. I was thinking about talking to dh to switching our trip to May, but then I tried to get ADR's and I couldn't get any dinner or breakfast ressies at Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare or Crystal Palace for the first week in May or the last.

We'd save $1000.00 by switching to May, but I really want to Character dine while we are there since our first trip and I know we won't be back for a few years :(

I booked my trip last minute, just last month. At that time, I was able to get Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's (7am! :eek:), 50's Prime time, etc...) In the course of changing resorts, I canceled some ADRs and now can't get them back!! :scared1: I thought for sure the availability would be there.

My DH keeps reassuring me to just try walk ups at the places I can't get into. Even though a restaurant might be coming up booked solid, you can show up and the place can be empty! It's happened many times before.

The best way to obtain a walk up is to be at the restaurant when they open. Find out ahead of time if it's 4pm or 5pm for dinner. Restaurants keep a few tables open to ease the waitstaff into the dinner rush. They don't over book the first seating. There's a 99% chance you'll be able to get a table at that time. It's worked for me during Thanksgiving week, I'm sure it can work in the off season during May.

Have a wonderful first trip and do not let ADRs scare you or ruin your trip. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter