Will not stay at Poly again

Any similar experiences at Poly?

• Total voters
We had a first floor room in Raratonga, facing the monorail. We had zero noise in our room during our 8 night stay. But we also would never complain about any of the noise mentioned in this thread. I have to admit I'm shocked anyone would. Or that a complaint would be taken seriously if received by management. I imagine a bit of laughing actually.

Another thought, anyone want to makes guesses on how long it would take for the first post to appear here that said "I can't believe how sloppy the Poly property is" if they were to reduce the hours that they are allowed to work to clean up or change it to be by hand vs. machine?

I'm just going to leave this here.

Man, I love this thread! :rolleyes1

You were serious? I thought you were exaggerating lol!Now I'm freaked and happy they are out there at 7 am if so.

I have stayed at Poly and never seen a gator but I do know they pull them from the beach or lake Sometimes. Is this a serious issue like I should ne scared for my kid to play on the beach with an adult?

You were serious? I thought you were exaggerating lol!Now I'm freaked and happy they are out there at 7 am if so.

I have stayed at Poly and never seen a gator but I do know they pull them from the beach or lake Sometimes. Is this a serious issue like I should ne scared for my kid to play on the beach with an adult?

There was a FB post just a week or two ago showing a rather mature alligator on the beach over between VGF and Poly. If someone is supervising it should be fine but they are around. Disney apparently does relocate when they get to a certain size.

We stayed at Poly Christmas 2001 - they trapped an alligator on the lawn right near the main entrance to the ceremonial house.

Haven't seen one there since then and have stayed a few other times since then.

However, when my son was younger and we were staying at what was than Dixie Landings he went up to the Ol Man river pool and decided not to swim since he didn't feel comfortable sharing the pool with the alligator that got there before him, LOL

For a fact there are venomous water snakes at Disney and other creatures live in the bushes. As nice as WDW looks, it's still a swamp.

:earsboy: Bill

There was an alligator in the Magic Kingdom during my visit in October. Right in the water by the paddle boat. I've seen pictures of them in the restrooms at the parks too. Really not a good idea to have a little one playing anywhere near the water, or by bushes either.

From a service tech for the retail industry there is never a good time for maintenance or service it's a fact of life. If done after 9am they would be interrupting those that want to use those areas.
I am a very light sleeper so any time I travel I bring ear plugs invest in some and you will be suprise the kids running up and down the halls no longer bother you same with the traffic or maintenance noise

I was told the rooms at SSR had special patio doors that dampened sound due to the midnight fireworks. The doors at the Poly don't seem to block out as much noise. There is more noise at the Poly.

The Polynesian Resort is one of the most poorly sound insulated places I've ever stayed. It's been many years but I've never heard that they've gone beyond the walls when they refurb. I'm a light sleeper and at this resort we could easily hear our neighbors and once when our room was next to some stairs we heard people clomping up and down on them too. We stayed there anyway because we liked it so much otherwise but I'm not surprised to read that people have issues with noise.

The Polynesian Resort is one of the most poorly sound insulated places I've ever stayed. It's been many years but I've never heard that they've gone beyond the walls when they refurb. I'm a light sleeper and at this resort we could easily hear our neighbors and once when our room was next to some stairs we heard people clomping up and down on them too. We stayed there anyway because we liked it so much otherwise but I'm not surprised to read that people have issues with noise.

That sounds like every Disney resort. At CBR you can hear the fireworks going off. And I can't think of a resort where I haven't heard my neighbors a bit.

I always pack a noise machine or fan. For every hotel I stay in, just in case. We stayed at the Poly last year and I had no issues. Staying again in a couple days.

That sounds like every Disney resort. At CBR you can hear the fireworks going off. And I can't think of a resort where I haven't heard my neighbors a bit.
Oh I agree. I just think that it was worse at the Polynesian.

We had a first floor room in Raratonga, facing the monorail. We had zero noise in our room during our 8 night stay. But we also would never complain about any of the noise mentioned in this thread. I have to admit I'm shocked anyone would. Or that a complaint would be taken seriously if received by management. I imagine a bit of laughing actually.

I find that odd. Machine noises that early in the morning really bother me. Though I confess the only noise complaint I've made at a hotel was from the room next door where the couple was being very... energetic. I felt like I should've asked if I could take lessons.

Very surprising! I understand the need for maintenance but I think it could be handled at a different time...perhaps after 9am.

After 9am they're going to start having families on the beach! Certainly can't do it during the day. Unfortunatly I think 6-7am is about the appropriate time for this. Even mowing the lawn at home, after 7am is fair game. If construction is going on in a neighboring house, again I'd say 7am is fair game for running saws and compressors. Things start when the sun comes up.

We were there the same weekend as the OP... Thanksgiving... Didn't have any issues with the noise. If anything we contributed to it having 4 kids. :)

And I don't mind the ferry boat horns, fireworks, etc. We don't hear these things at home. Every ferry boat horn is a reminder that we'll be taking the ferry boat to the Magic Kingdom. We stay here because we *want* the ferry boats -- not in spite of the noise. There are plenty of resorts that do not have ferry boats if you don't want that feature!

Last edited:
I'm staying at the Poly in a studio garden view for a couple of nights in a few weeks. I'm hoping we don't have to deal with all this noise so early in the morning, not so sure it would wake me anyway, as the gardener comes to my home early in the morning and it hasn't woken us up yet.

That being said, I'm sure there isn't much that could top my horrible experience with very early noise a few years back while staying in a studio standard view at the BWV! I made the mistake of requesting close to the elevator (not that I knew this would be a problem), and at 5:00 A.M. - yes 5:00 A.M. the valet at the outside entrance (which was under my room) starting pulling the rolling metal luggage carts in and out. I never jumped out of bed so fast. I can't even explain how loud those metal creaky squeaky rattling rolling wheels on those loaded carts were! I called the front desk to ask what the .......was going on with all that noise and was told that on Thursday's and Sunday's valet starts super early to get people who are transferring to the Port for a cruise out and on their way early!

I said, "one word.... plastic"! I have not since, nor will I ever put a request on a standard view at the BWV as close to the elevator. I was on the fifth floor....
I understand the need to have maintenance, valet, buses, etc. up and running early, but Disney, for pete's sake, solve the problems! People are on vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter