Will there ever be a Disneyland Canada?

Jessica527

Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)
I love Canada and hope to move there someday, but that just means farther from WDW. So... do you think there will ever be a Disneyland Canada? :confused3

No! I don't think so. Canada is too small I think. Obviosly population wise not size. We do get alot of tourists but a Disney in Canada couldn't operate like one in the U.S. We get snow, and it's pretty cold half the year. I wouldn't want to be at a Disney in January here. The closest thing we have to a Disney is Wonderland near Toronto. I live less then a half hour drive to Wonderland so have been ALOT! It's more like a 6 flags, it's fun, but nowhere close to the experience Disney is, Disney is a THEME park, Wonderland is an amusement park. Plus Disney does a MUCH better job at handleing crowds, it's much more efficeint at Disney. Any weekend in the summer at Wonderland is not somewhere you would want to be unless you want to spend most of the day in line. Plus they are closed from November 1st until May. The only place in Canada that climate wise Disney would be able to operate that I can see is Vancouver. However if you were going to be traveling to the east coast for Disney in the winter I'd choose sunny California rather then wet and chilly Vancouver. With that said however much I love Disney, I love Canada more and would never want to live anywhere else!

How about Disney's First totally indoor theme park? hmmmm

Basically Disney in a big bubble! I would love to be able to take my snowmobiles from St Micheal and drive them down the Disneyland haha

How about Disney's First totally indoor theme park? hmmmm

Basically Disney in a big bubble! I would love to be able to take my snowmobiles from St Micheal and drive them down the Disneyland haha

That's not too far off. 5 years ago or so there was talk of an indoor amusement park at Downsview Park. It had a water rafting ride, rollercoasters, indoor waterpark....So it could be done. I think the best we could ever hope for would be a resort like in hawaii. Or maybe they will build the ski lodge walt wanted to do back in the day.

Wonderland has been up for sale a couple of times and I keep praying that Disney will buy it!

That's not too far off. 5 years ago or so there was talk of an indoor amusement park at Downsview Park. It had a water rafting ride, rollercoasters, indoor waterpark....So it could be done. I think the best we could ever hope for would be a resort like in hawaii. Or maybe they will build the ski lodge walt wanted to do back in the day.

SKI LODGE! YES!! OMG!! That would be amazing. We are avid snowmobilers, skiiers, snowboarders and that would be my dream!

OP--not likely. A Disney park located inside Canada would likely just bleed Canadian customers from the US parks. Canada has only recently surpassed the UK in terms of the number of tourists visiting WDW, so this could be considered to be diluting the product--I doubt this has much to appeal to the suits at Disney.

Not gonna happen....the only place I could maybe see it kind of working would be in Vancouver, since this is the place that would get the least amount of snow. Even Toronto gets hit hard in winters sometimes. Not to mention that TO might not get too much snow, but their humidity can make it even cold during the winter.

Now, Vancouver may still get snow too, so thats no resolve. And when Vancouver gets snow, the city is shut down, not literally, but people don't like it very much. If its not snow, its lots and lots and lots of rain.

No...as much as it would be great, its just not gonna happen. I like the idea of an indoor theme park, but we have one in Edmonton, and it isn't that great...too claustrophobic for me...dirty, dark, crowded. At least with an outdoor park, you have more open room.

Not gonna happen....the only place I could maybe see it kind of working would be in Vancouver, since this is the place that would get the least amount of snow. Even Toronto gets hit hard in winters sometimes. Not to mention that TO might not get too much snow, but their humidity can make it even cold during the winter.

Now, Vancouver may still get snow too, so thats no resolve. And when Vancouver gets snow, the city is shut down, not literally, but people don't like it very much. If its not snow, its lots and lots and lots of rain.

No...as much as it would be great, its just not gonna happen. I like the idea of an indoor theme park, but we have one in Edmonton, and it isn't that great...too claustrophobic for me...dirty, dark, crowded. At least with an outdoor park, you have more open room.

Vancouver would be great for a DL park, bring it on :) In winter we break out the fur lined flip flops :laughing: Not much snow here- except in our mtns. Does rain though. But not all year ;) I can wear my Mickey Poncho!

Vancouver would be great for a DL park, bring it on :) In winter we break out the fur lined flip flops :laughing: Not much snow here- except in our mtns. Does rain though. But not all year ;) I can wear my Mickey Poncho!

at least you only have to bring out the fur lined flip flops! We have to be fur lined, and multi layered head to toe in our winters! I would settle for the flip flops any day of the week and twice on sundays.

I keep thinking they will build a Disney Resort hotel (like the one they are building in Hawaii). Maybe with indoor waterpark.

I keep thinking they will build a Disney Resort hotel (like the one they are building in Hawaii). Maybe with indoor waterpark.

That wouldn't be bad...a whole theme park wouldn't work, but this could!

I really like this idea. I am a loyal customer at Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls but if Disney were to do something like this I know my family would love it.

at least you only have to bring out the fur lined flip flops! We have to be fur lined, and multi layered head to toe in our winters! I would settle for the flip flops any day of the week and twice on sundays.

:laughing: yeah, I'd never survive in Edmonton! On the rare occasion it goes into the minus, It's hard leaving the house :scared1: The cousin in Sask thinks I'm nuts....well......

My sis and I always thought it would be an awesome idea to build a Canadian themed hotel down in Florida. They could have a winter theme (although thats one way not to kill a stereotype).
Restaurant would be Tim Hortons of course.

My sis and I always thought it would be an awesome idea to build a Canadian themed hotel down in Florida. They could have a winter theme (although thats one way not to kill a stereotype).
Restaurant would be Tim Hortons of course.

Yes! That would be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter