"Will they keep this/cancel that" We are now Live from WDW, the Nicki & Todd show!

Just got done reading the whole thread:surfweb: thanks so much for posting! :love: :love: :love: It was the next thing to being at WDW! Great reviews and pictures:thumbsup2

Also, I wanted to say how lucky you are that your DH seems to enjoy WDW almost as much as you! I'm still working on mine ;)

Just finished reading your thread and I've got to say what a wonderful job you've done :worship: :worship: :worship: the photos and your comments are amazing and funny, glad to see you kept your sense of humour through everything:thumbsup2 I've been trying not to "do a Homer Simpson" when reading your reports and looking at those lovely photos, good job we can't smell the delicious aromas too
You've made us think again about The Wave ;) I'm going to have to look at our choices again for ADRs and see if we can squeeze it in somewhere. Todd is a very good chap for thinking about your tastes in food when he's ordered for you. Hang on to him he's worth his weight in gold, there's not many considerate men like him around, I'm lucky I've got one just like him :love:

So we'll be eagerly looking forward to your next review as we'll be hopefully making our ADRs in June/July for our September trip when we celebrate our 16th Wedding Anniversary. We don't know when we'll get the chance to visit again in the future due to DS getting older it gets harder to take him out of school for family holidays, so we're going to really let our hair down and have a fantastic time.

Love your reviews. Looks like you guys had a blast! The Blood Orange thing in the Norway window looked good to me. I'll have to seek that out! We'll be there at the same time in June (ours is May 30-June 5). We'll probably run into each other in lines for booze. :rotfl:

It was a great trip, so sad to be home but enjoying the planning for our next one! I will look out for you at Norway Bakery!

I can't believe it's over all ready :sad2: Good thing you booked that new trip, so I have one more set of reviews before our trip :thumbsup2

The Spa sounds wonderful! I think I may set something up at the SSR spa for our F&W trip; a round of golf in the morning & then a massage :idea: then F&W :cloud9:

At CM's do they still have the PB&J pizza? It was Chip & Dales specialty, and the one thing the DS remembers from there (it's been 7 years :rolleyes1 )

You sound just like DH about the tropical ice tea at WPE, he loves that stuff! We have a WPE here (they just renamed & sort of changed the style, but a lot of the same foods) but they serve a different tea here. He likes it, but not as much as the tropical one.

Thank you for wonderful reviews yet again (and thanks to Todd for putting up with it ;) )

:hug:

Oh hon I could go for a huge glass of that ice tea right now, and a massage too! Sadly they did not have the PB&J pizza, I think the bacon and egg pizza might have replaced it. I know DH liked the PB&J one from Cape May....he is a peanut butter junky!

I see that you've decided on The Plaza for your May/June trip. We really like it for a light meal. When you have another open slot, you may want to consider Hollywood Brown Derby. (I noticed it's one of the few restaurants you haven't tried.) We ate there several years ago, & had a bad experience. It took until last Oct. for us to return, & it was one of best meals we've ever had at WDW. We all thought it was much better than the meal we had at Flying Fish the next night.

We're also trying Nine Dragons & Cali Grill for the 1st time in May. I'm really starting to question the CG ADR though. It seems the majority of reviews for CG are negative or less than glowing lately. We may be changing that one. :scratchin We're also trying Jiko & Tutto Italia for the 1st time. I've enjoyed you reviews for both of those. We ate in Italy when it was Alfredo's & weren't impressed. TI sounds like a definite improvement.

I def have the Plaza down but now DH is telling me he wants to go back to Tonys because the calamari was soooo wonderful. And he also made me scratch Nine Dragons and replace it with San Angel Inn dinner. Brown Derby looks very good, might have to add that in for Oct....better than FF? We loved FF! You will LOVE Jiko and Tutto...those are 2 favs of ours...we didnt like it when it was Alfredo's either. Have a wonderful trip and I cannot wait to hear all about it :)

I second the HBD suggestion :thumbsup2 It's our one "must do" every trip :goodvibes

We're also considering CG, but not sure since most of the recent reviews have only been "eh". Nine Dragons does nothing for me. I suppose if I didn't have a Chinese restaurant that I love here at home, but I can't see going all the way to Disney for Chinese food :confused3 I used to love going to Marrakesh, but now I've got a great Lebanese/Middle Eastern restaurant 5 minutes from the house (with awesome hummus & pita and DH swears by their falafel) and I don't pay Disney prices for it ;) .

I guess my Nine Dragons idea didnt wow DH either as he asked me to dump it! I did book Cali Grill for this trip, so much easier since we are right in the resort. I have always wanted to try Marrakesh but I love Tangierine Cafe so much we usually just eat there. Ooh falafel....can you mail me some? We do not have those types of restaurants around Naples.

Okay, Nic, I emailed you our thoughts on our ADR's. Now, it is your job to finalize for me knowing the new ones that you decided to eat at and enjoy so much this trip and what we should drop. :confused3

:rotfl: Ok Babe I'm on it....I will email you today!

Thanks for the great reviews!!! :thumbsup2

Welcome home and thanks again for all of the reviews!

Thanks guys! Glad you enjoyed them!

Just got done reading the whole thread:surfweb: thanks so much for posting! :love: :love: :love: It was the next thing to being at WDW! Great reviews and pictures:thumbsup2

Also, I wanted to say how lucky you are that your DH seems to enjoy WDW almost as much as you! I'm still working on mine ;)

Thank you! I am a very lucky chick that DH loves WDW as much as I do...there is just something about WDW that relaxes us and makes both of us happy and content...all the CM's are fantastic and go out of their way to make you happy, the resorts are gorgeous, the food is great and the entertainment is the best! Plus we are just 3 hours away so if we are needed back home we dont have to worry about changing a flight! We find the more we go the more there is to do and see and now we are no longer Commando Visitors!

Just finished reading your thread and I've got to say what a wonderful job you've done :worship: :worship: :worship: the photos and your comments are amazing and funny, glad to see you kept your sense of humour through everything:thumbsup2 I've been trying not to "do a Homer Simpson" when reading your reports and looking at those lovely photos, good job we can't smell the delicious aromas too
You've made us think again about The Wave ;) I'm going to have to look at our choices again for ADRs and see if we can squeeze it in somewhere. Todd is a very good chap for thinking about your tastes in food when he's ordered for you. Hang on to him he's worth his weight in gold, there's not many considerate men like him around, I'm lucky I've got one just like him :love:

So we'll be eagerly looking forward to your next review as we'll be hopefully making our ADRs in June/July for our September trip when we celebrate our 16th Wedding Anniversary. We don't know when we'll get the chance to visit again in the future due to DS getting older it gets harder to take him out of school for family holidays, so we're going to really let our hair down and have a fantastic time.

Thank you so much for your kind words! Yes I did find a winner with Todd but dont let the kid fool ya, this new thing of him ordering for me is so he can have the two entrees that he wants to try the most :lmao:

If you can fit the Wave into your schedule you should, it was a very relaxing and delicious meal, we were not rushed at all, the ambiance is so tranquil....the food is wonderful! I am contemplating adding it in for lunch in June!

I hope you have a wonderful anniversary and I cannot wait to hear all about your trip.

:goodvibes Thanks I'll be posting our TR and dining reviews hopefully on an almost live basis while we're there. You've inspired me this year to take my little ASUS EEE PC "netbook" and I'll attempt to update at the end of every other day maybe with a glass of something in hand;) . I think it may be easier to do it this way and we'll be able to edit photos too before uploading them. My DH had the idea back in 1998 to have a holiday in Florida and we've never looked back but it took us really until 2007 to get the hang of doing a trip report/ dining review. I took notes last time and typed it all out when we got home, it helped as we sometimes couldn't remember everything we had done each day. So look out for us and we hope we don't disappoint anyone with our reviews.
:grouphug: Enjoy your planning for your next visit too you lucky lucky woman, you're so close to the magic and have an understanding hubby too:hug:

Just found your latest link, and of course I'm subscribing. I always LOVE your reviews and pictures!! :worship:

I really enjoyed the pictures from The Wave. Since it is relatively new, there aren't a lot of pictures out there. We have ressies for lunch at The Wave on our upcoming trip in May.

As always....GREAT JOB! :thumbsup2

:goodvibes Thanks I'll be posting our TR and dining reviews hopefully on an almost live basis while we're there. You've inspired me this year to take my little ASUS EEE PC "netbook" and I'll attempt to update at the end of every other day maybe with a glass of something in hand;) . I think it may be easier to do it this way and we'll be able to edit photos too before uploading them. My DH had the idea back in 1998 to have a holiday in Florida and we've never looked back but it took us really until 2007 to get the hang of doing a trip report/ dining review. I took notes last time and typed it all out when we got home, it helped as we sometimes couldn't remember everything we had done each day. So look out for us and we hope we don't disappoint anyone with our reviews.
:grouphug: Enjoy your planning for your next visit too you lucky lucky woman, you're so close to the magic and have an understanding hubby too:hug:

I love to read LIVE reviews! Have a fantastic time and eat alot :rotfl:

Just found your latest link, and of course I'm subscribing. I always LOVE your reviews and pictures!! :worship:

I really enjoyed the pictures from The Wave. Since it is relatively new, there aren't a lot of pictures out there. We have ressies for lunch at The Wave on our upcoming trip in May.

As always....GREAT JOB! :thumbsup2

ALAN! How are you and the family? Your reports and pictures are the best ever! The Wave was awesome and funny thing, I am thinking of adding a lunch ressie there for our June trip...your review will be the clincher!

Hey Nicki, I know you've said this before, but I forget. What type of camera do you use? Your pictures are always gorgeous, and we're looking for a new camera. TIA!

Hey Nicki, I know you've said this before, but I forget. What type of camera do you use? Your pictures are always gorgeous, and we're looking for a new camera. TIA!

I picked it up at Kmart this Spring when they were clearancing all the older stuff to make room for the new stuff...it was $189 marked down to $79.99 and the girl at the electronics dept said they were just released in January 08 and in May 08 I grabbed it!

Its a Kodak Easy Share and it is almost identical to this one....except my buttons are on the left instead of the right

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuer...e=page-13557-_-product-_-M883&pq-locale=en_US

I def have the Plaza down but now DH is telling me he wants to go back to Tonys because the calamari was soooo wonderful. And he also made me scratch Nine Dragons and replace it with San Angel Inn dinner. Brown Derby looks very good, might have to add that in for Oct....better than FF? We loved FF! You will LOVE Jiko and Tutto...those are 2 favs of ours...we didnt like it when it was Alfredo's either. Have a wonderful trip and I cannot wait to hear all about it :)

Our DS loves calamari. I'll have to remind him to order that at our Tony's lunch in May. He & his GF were the ones who chose ND for our trip. I've tried to talk them into switching to SAI too, but they're not buying it. :rolleyes: We've only eaten at SAI once, & really liked it then. The menu looks even better to me now. As for FF vs HBD. We've eaten at FF a few times & Oct was the only time we've been disappointed. I don't know if our meal was not as good as usual or if our HBD meal was superior to the point that our FF meal just didn't measure up. Before Oct, we would have said the exact opposite.

Thank you! I am a very lucky chick that DH loves WDW as much as I do...there is just something about WDW that relaxes us and makes both of us happy and content...all the CM's are fantastic and go out of their way to make you happy, the resorts are gorgeous, the food is great and the entertainment is the best! Plus we are just 3 hours away so if we are needed back home we dont have to worry about changing a flight! We find the more we go the more there is to do and see and now we are no longer Commando Visitors!

I'm curious! Have you guys spent an extended stay onsite at Universal? We like to go for 5 to 7 nights, & never move our vehicle. You talk about a relaxing vacation. :cloud9: We sleep as late as we want. Walk to the park of choice & bypass the regular lines. Then, head back to the hotel for pool time or some R-n-R in the room. At dinner time, we go in to shower & dress, then walk to dinner. My DH & DS sometimes run to the parks to get in a ride or 2, while I get ready.

Portofino Bay Hotel has a very nice spa. Universal also has some great restaurants. Not as many as WDW, but there's still quite a few very good ones. Emeril's is our favorite Orlando restaurant (disclaimer: we haven't eaten at V&A yet.) We could eat there every night, but there's several other good choices we like too.

We usually stay at Hard Rock Hotel, because our DS(17) loves it, & it's closest to the parks & CityWalk. You can easily walk everywhere. My DH & I prefer Portifino Bay Hotel. When we stay there, we usually take the boat instead of walk. Although, walking is possible. Royal Pacific Resort is nice too, but one time was enough for us to stay there. We just prefer the other 2.

Sorry, I went so far OT. :blush: When I read what you guys love about WDW, I was thinking, "They'd really love UO!"

Our DS loves calamari. I'll have to remind him to order that at our Tony's lunch in May. He & his GF were the ones who chose ND for our trip. I've tried to talk them into switching to SAI too, but they're not buying it. :rolleyes: We've only eaten at SAI once, & really liked it then. The menu looks even better to me now. As for FF vs HBD. We've eaten at FF a few times & Oct was the only time we've been disappointed. I don't know if our meal was not as good as usual or if our HBD meal was superior to the point that our FF meal just didn't measure up. Before Oct, we would have said the exact opposite.

Well DH has completely changed it all around on me! We have planned Chef Mickeys breakfast, Sci Fi lunch, Plaza lunch, Tonys dinner again (love that calamari), Flying Fish dinner since SAI is under renovation, Cali Grill dinner and probably Contempo breakfasts and WPE dinner and lunch but you know Todd...he changes his mind all the time!

I'm curious! Have you guys spent an extended stay onsite at Universal? We like to go for 5 to 7 nights, & never move our vehicle. You talk about a relaxing vacation. :cloud9: We sleep as late as we want. Walk to the park of choice & bypass the regular lines. Then, head back to the hotel for pool time or some R-n-R in the room. At dinner time, we go in to shower & dress, then walk to dinner. My DH & DS sometimes run to the parks to get in a ride or 2, while I get ready.

Portofino Bay Hotel has a very nice spa. Universal also has some great restaurants. Not as many as WDW, but there's still quite a few very good ones. Emeril's is our favorite Orlando restaurant (disclaimer: we haven't eaten at V&A yet.) We could eat there every night, but there's several other good choices we like too.

We usually stay at Hard Rock Hotel, because our DS(17) loves it, & it's closest to the parks & CityWalk. You can easily walk everywhere. My DH & I prefer Portifino Bay Hotel. When we stay there, we usually take the boat instead of walk. Although, walking is possible. Royal Pacific Resort is nice too, but one time was enough for us to stay there. We just prefer the other 2.

Sorry, I went so far OT. :blush: When I read what you guys love about WDW, I was thinking, "They'd really love UO!"

We did U/IOA in July 07, first time since the IOA opened and we really liked the Royal Pacific resort, it was goreous. City Walk and Jimmy Buffets, we really enjoyed that too but the parks are not doing it for either of us...I dont know what it is but we kept wishing we were in WDW. I wouldnt mind staying at the RP again or dining at City Walk but everytime we get to WDW we never want to go off site for some reason. I keep thinking we will take a day trip to Celebration and eat at one of the cool places there but we never make that either.

I loved your reviews! I also don't get why Tony's gets so much bad mouthing around here! Makes me feel better for liking it that a nice Italian girl like yourself enjoyed it! And I am switching my GF Cafe reservation to the Wave for our June trip. Thanks so much for posting!

I loved your reviews! I also don't get why Tony's gets so much bad mouthing around here! Makes me feel better for liking it that a nice Italian girl like yourself enjoyed it! And I am switching my GF Cafe reservation to the Wave for our June trip. Thanks so much for posting!

Thanks for reading! You will love the Wave, it was fantastic!

Which one of these would you cancel?

Kona-dinner
Chefs De France
Beaches & Cream
Primetime
Tutto Italiano
Raglan Road
Marrakesh
The Wave

These are all ones we have never done. We are trying Kona for breakfast so I thought I might cancel the dinner there. I dont know-HELP MickeyNicki!!

Minnie Nurse,

That is so hard but I would have to cancel Kona dinner....it jsut didnt wow me at all...DH liked the wings and the teriyaki steak but the other restaurants are just sooo much better.

Chefs De France - Man we love this place, the food is fantastic and if you are lucky enough to get a seat by the windows it is very nice to sit and just people watch. We had the mac and cheese, the bacon and onion flatbread, the french onion soup and the roasted chicken...all of it was yum!

Beaches & Cream - Great burgers and onion rings, LOVE the No Way Jose!

Primetime - The best fried chicken ever, killer onion rings and the smores is the best dessert ever!

Tutto Italiano - This place may be expensive but man is it worth it! I am an Italian chick and have no problem with any of the food that we have had, the pasta is fresh and cooked al dente, the soups, the desserts...its just darn good!

Raglan Road - Have not tried it yet but hope to in Oct...the reviews have been fantastic!

Marrakesh - Have not tried this one yet either but the menu book out front of the place looks great, I hope to get in there soon.

The Wave - You know how I feel about this place, it is ah-mazing!

Thanks, that is what I was leaning towards anyway so you just made my choice easier. Loved your reviews and cant wait until June for some more!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter