Will they let us in?? PTR

mamaboogie

DIS Veteran
Greetings All!

I think it's about time that I started my pre-trip report for our upcoming visit to DLP during February half term - after all it is only 9 days till we go!:woohoo:

Ah....now...when I say 'we' - who exactly do I mean?

Me: Shari - 40 something :rolleyes1 5th time at DLP - first time in February

Simon: my lovely husband, about to hit the big 4-0 later this year. He has been to DLP too many times to count.

Here we are in WDW last year:

DSCF3372.jpg

But wait - we also have two lovely daughters! Here they are:

DSCF3124.jpg

HOWEVER........they are not coming with us to DLP!!!!!:scared1:

Yes, you heard right. Me and Simon are ditching the kids and going to Disney without kids for the first time!!

They are going to be having fun in the snow with their Dad in Scotland - and we did ask their permission before we booked.

So - will we be let in without the kids?? I know lots of people go without kids but I'm worried they will sense we have left ours behind!:eek:

Nonetheless - we are VERY excited!:dance3:

When: We are travelling up to Newcastle on Monday 21st February and staying overnight in the Premier Inn next to the airport. We fly to Paris the next morning and stay there until Friday 25th February.

Where: We are staying at the gorgeous Sequoia Lodge!

I know we will really miss the kids - but it will be nice to take it at our own pace and just have the two of us to think about!

We are there the same time so know exactly how excited you are feeling right now! It will be a different experience without the kids and I think a wonderful experience too! Have a ball and lets hope the weather is not too cold for us!

We are there the same time so know exactly how excited you are feeling right now! It will be a different experience without the kids and I think a wonderful experience too! Have a ball and lets hope the weather is not too cold for us!

I know! it's hard to pack not knowing what the weather will be like! It is very exciting - I can't believe it's so close!

Sounds wonderful!!! Should be fun :lmao: no kids - ah, what a holiday :lmao:

How fun, a man who likes Disney is on my wish list ..... along with clean credit history :lmao:

I know how you feel about the packing we go in 2 days and I just don't know what to take, it's either take it all and not need some or miss something out and kick myself if I do need it :upsidedow

Sounds wonderful!!! Should be fun :lmao: no kids - ah, what a holiday :lmao:

I know! We do realise how lucky we are!

How fun, a man who likes Disney is on my wish list ..... along with clean credit history :lmao:

I know how you feel about the packing we go in 2 days and I just don't know what to take, it's either take it all and not need some or miss something out and kick myself if I do need it :upsidedow

I always quite liked Disney but Simon made me as addicted as he is!:laughing:

It's difficult - you don't want to take too much for just four days but like you say, you don't want to not have something you need!

Lovely! :goodvibes I hope you get one of the new Bambi rooms at the SL - they look fab! :lovestruc

Maybe there will be a new scanning machine in the bag check area to check for parents who have abandoned their children?!!! :rotfl2:

Lovely! :goodvibes I hope you get one of the new Bambi rooms at the SL - they look fab! :lovestruc

Maybe there will be a new scanning machine in the bag check area to check for parents who have abandoned their children?!!! :rotfl2:

You don't think there will be - do you?:guilty:

It would be nice to get a Bambi room - but we've booked a Montana room and I don't think they've refurbed them yet? What we would really like is a big Kingsized bed instead of the two doubles - we'll just feel guilty looking at the empty bed where the girls should be sleeping!:lmao:

We've booked a few meals so I'll let you know about those soon.

Let's talk about my favourite subject - food!:lovestruc

Some of you may know that I love to write food reviews - see my signature for links to my WDW reviews.

One frustration in preparing for our trip to DLP is that there aren't many places to drool over tons of photos and reviews of restaurants in DLP.

Anyway, we've booked a few meals.

Tuesday 22nd - Walts at 4pm. We ate at Walts with the kids when we went in 2003 - and I'm really looking forward to going here again. This is the day of our arrival and a way to get the holiday off to a great start.

Wednesday 23rd - Blue Lagoon - We are looking forward to trying this restaurant.

Thursday 24th - We're eating at The Chicago Steakhouse in Disney village.

Friday 25th - To keep us going for the way home we've booked Cafe Agrabah.

Of course, there will be counter services, pastries, breakfasts and trips to Salon Mickey along the way!

Any hints or recommendations for the above restaurants would be gratefully received!

So - the kids have been packed off to their Dad's and we have finished work for the week. How excited are we???:dance3:

It all feels very unreal to be honest - can't believe we will soon be back at Disney - just the two of us!

Not long to go now :goodvibes

Nice choice in restaurants too_Our meal in The Blue Lagoon was amazing so I hope its the same for you too

Oooh just found your thread :goodvibes

You are going to have a wonderful time :cool1:

I know what you mean about there not being many food reviews. I couldnt find too many when planning my trip

I ate at the Blue Lagoon and loved it.

I also ate at Walt's but may not get time to post before you go away (I am going to try tomorrow but may not have time :guilty:)

Anyway, I LOVED IT ............ ask if you can get a widow table and order a Glow-Tini (that's an order :rotfl:)

nice choices :thumbsup2 I have more places I would like to eat at then time... Otherwise my whole DLP trip would be how many times and in how many different places I had meals.. Why didn't I book 5 night trip... Walt's seems to get more and more tempting...

We also wished we'd booked a longer holiday - just one more day would have made a difference!

Hope you enjoy your meals - I LOVE Walts!! :cloud9: I'm looking forward to your food reviews when you get back!

Hope you have a great trip.... i've a secret to share..... im also leaving the kids at home but ssssssh!! my reasoning is that they are taking after their dad and refusing to grow tall and so cant go on IJ or SM and i really want do the big rides :lmao:

cant wait to read your food reviews!

We're off!:yay:

Up to Newcastle then we fly tomorrow in the wee hours!

Slight cocktail setback - I'm currently on antibiotics so not sure how much alcohol I should have!:sick: But feeling ok and that's the main thing!:thumbsup2

See you all when I get back!

We're off!:yay:

Up to Newcastle then we fly tomorrow in the wee hours!

Slight cocktail setback - I'm currently on antibiotics so not sure how much alcohol I should have!:sick: But feeling ok and that's the main thing!:thumbsup2

See you all when I get back!

At 14 Euros a pop this might not be a bad thing :laughing:
Have an amazing ime

Am back :sad2:

Had a fab time - will start my trip report soon. Lots of great food and cocktails to write about!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter