• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will Vero Beach Points ever be as valuable as OKW points?

tvwalsh

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
When I bought my Vero Beach points back when they first built VB, I figured that as more WDW resorts were built that the demand for oceanfront property would make my 11 month window and therefore my VB points more valuable than my OKW points. Ten or twelve years have passed, many new WDW resorts have been built, tens of thousands of new members have joined and yet the value of VB points is still low.

I still think I've got the right idea but there's only 37 more years to be proven correct! Anyone agree? If not, what do you think is wrong with my thinking?

tvwalsh said:
I figured that as more WDW resorts were built that the demand for oceanfront property would make my 11 month window and therefore my VB points more valuable...

If not, what do you think is wrong with my thinking?

Well there is only one WDW.
How many Beaches are there in the world?

I really only see a few possible off-site locations that may rival WDW for popularity. One may be the Bahamas...but given that maintaining a resort on foreign soil can pose a legal hassle, I don't see it as a plausible location. Other popular locations would maybe be near Disneyland, Hawaii or perhaps a popular ski destination (but that would be seasonal for popularity).

Vero is lovely resort, but I doubt it will ever achieve the resale value of any WDW based resort.

Possibly in 36 years you will get your wish.

DVC could not sell VB, cancelled much of the development and sold most of the excess property. Yes it is a lovely resort, but it seems members prefer on property resorts.

Also the maintenance fees are quite high so if one considers total cost of ownership the only place you can try to get some of that back is in the point value.

JimC said:
the maintenance fees are quite high so if one considers total cost of ownership the only place you can try to get some of that back is in the point value.

I agree. The maintenance fees are one of if not the highest per point, making resales less desirable.

It is a lovely resort and we love going there. :sunny:

tvwalsh said:
Will Vero Beach Points ever be as valuable as OKW points?
Well, for us, Vero Points are more valuable than OKW points since we prefer staying at Vero more than we desire to stay at OKW. Try booking Vero during Spring break without the 11 month advantage, then try booking OKW at spring break at 7 months. You'll find Vero booked and OKW with plenty of room. That's one reason Vero is more valuable for us. Another is Beach Cottages.

The only point where resale values matter is when you are buying or selling. After that, the "value" of your points is the type of vacations they allow you to enjoy.

:rockband: :rockband: :rockband: :rockband: :rockband:

We also love our Vero points. To us, they are just as valuble as our VWL points because we totally enjoy our Vero time.
Personally, I don't give a hoot what the market says they're worth, since I'm not planning on selling or trading them. :drinking:

MG

I use to own at VB. I sold mind.

Why? - the maintence fees were going up, I didn't like the Atlantic beach as much as I though I would, plus I love the Panhandle. I didn't like some of the property surrounding it -you know the area closer to the Interstate.

found a cheap timeshare on the PCb (panama city beach) and I love IT!!!

if you love VB - then great for you.

go with what you love - not the $ value of the resort.

I agree, if you like the beach, the value is great for you. If you buy mostly to use at WDW, don't bother. With high dues and having to use the 7 month window for WDW, it would be a bad value. From a total DVC standpoint, I think it had great potential that was never realized.

We are looking at a VB add-on. Our thinking is 4 nights at WDW and 3 at VB with each visit. This would give use a little bit more quiet time towards the end of the vacation... by the Beach! AHHHHH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter