Will we feel odd at MNSSHP without costumes?

disnaholic

<font color=red>Hey HUSBAND, hands off my tag!!!</
I just don't think we will do this even though I would love to!! I know my sweet DD would drive me nuts after a while. Will we be a minority?
Thanks!!

No, you will not feel dumb. Last year DS (6) and I went. He wore a costume and I did not. I didn't feel dumb. It was about 50/50 for costumes or not. Just go and enjoy yourself.
Staci

My Mom and I are planning on wearing Halloween T-shirts. She got a black one at Target with a pumpkin on it and I got an orange one at Old Navy with a witch.

I guess the question is, do YOU like to dress up?

I rhink I have a better time at MNSSHP BECAUSE I go in costume. It's one of those "things" we sort of put away when we became adults that WDW allows us to celebrate again. Plus they even give us small tokens of chocolate to enhance the magical atmosphere.

So what if your significant other doesn't want to go in costume, if you do, go for it. Even if you just paint a smiley face on your face - enjoy and celebrate your childhood as an adult!

My kids will be in costume but dh and I will not. Neither one of us feels comfortable wearing a costume.

You didn't say your reason for not wanting to be in costume ... if you don't want to go to the trouble and/or don't want to take up a lot of space in the suitcase, go to some place like Target and buy one of those headbands ... they have bunny ears and cat ears and devil ears and bug antennae... black T-shirt and black cat ear head band - presto - your'e a cat. Take off the headband and you're a person in a black t-shirt.

[Extraneous note: If you're the parent of a young child, go to the store the day after Halloween and stock up on the animal ears headbands at half price. The DAY WILL COME when your preschooler or kindergartener comes home and tells you that she needs a bunny costume TOMORROW ... you'll be all set!]

We'll be at the Oct 14 MNSSHP - can't wait!!!

My DD finally decided on her costume - she'll be Princess Aurora! (I found her costume on sale at Party City for half price, so I was really excited!) I will be getting one of the Halloween tshirts from Target; and I hope DH will also wear a Halloween shirt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter