Will you attend your local Renaissance Fair this Summer or skip it due to COVID-19 worries?

Same here! Well I have heard of renaissance fairs just never been to one. Did go to our county fair in April and the midway was packed solid most of the time ,no masks and it was a good time.
If you get a chance to go to a Renaissance faire, you should give it a chance. It may become a family tradition as it has for others.

I've been to a few smaller ones that are only there for a weekend. I've never been to one of the big ones, if I did the closest would be this one:
😂 Food, Beer, Entertainment, and Fresh air. What’s not to love?

Plenty of Renaissance Fairs in CA. This one is close to LA
https://renfair.com/socal/
I've never dressed up, but I enjoy looking at the costumes, the entertainment, and the shops. The girls and I usually get henna. One we went to when my youngest was still into dress up outfits, and she dressed up in one of her outfits and looked (and acted) like a little queen. She was thrilled when the performers treated her as such, she was even invited to meet the queen and sit with her a bit. Made her day. She also made friends with a little girl who's family was working there dressed as gypsies. They played for a couple hours that afternoon (it's amazing how kids can quickly make friends anywhere).

I’ve never been but would like to go.

My kids just watched the DC superhero girls episode about ren faire and I’ve been in a planning mood, so now I’m looking into it. We could go to the one in PA, MD or Brevard county. I heard parking at MD was bad so leaning towards one of the other two.

I’ve never been but would like to go.

My kids just watched the DC superhero girls episode about ren faire and I’ve been in a planning mood, so now I’m looking into it. We could go to the one in PA, MD or Brevard county. I heard parking at MD was bad so leaning towards one of the other two.

We usually go to the MD one but tried PA years ago and preferred that. It was bigger and the shops and shows and joust were so much better plus they had more like real restrooms as opposed to the spot-a-pots. Things might have changed it has been a while.

My son and I had planned to go last year as a special trip for the two of us-that obv didn’t happen :(. Hoping to go this year though he’s not as excited by medieval things as he was then-need to see what’s around in the pacific NW.

And I’m always befuddled by those who take the time to post on a thread they are uninterested in just to say something is boring....just move on! (Maybe trying to get post count up?). I’m not going to go to a thread on, say, Desperate Housewives just to say I never watch it. Don’t yuck on other peoples’ yum!

We usually go to the MD one but tried PA years ago and preferred that. It was bigger and the shops and shows and joust were so much better plus they had more like real restrooms as opposed to the spot-a-pots. Things might have changed it has been a while.

I've been to the MD one as well - although it's been several years. Maybe I'll try the PA one, real bathrooms win out everytime in my book!

Yes, hope to go to ours in middle TN. However, the management of it has changed, it's now going to be operated by our county's parks/recreation. No idea if it'll change much about it. looking forward to our favorite performers, and hope to go at least one weekend, during this very busy May. Ours is every weekend in May.

Not sure. We did go last year and had a great time, but it was much more crowded than it has ever been (and I've been going every year or every other year for 30-odd years) and that took some of the fun out of it. Plus we've got big travels happening this year, including being out of state for two of the seven weekends the festival runs. So we're playing it by ear - if we have time, money and energy we'll go, especially if I hear the rebound crowds have eased a bit. If not, we'll catch it again next year.

We have not been in quiet a few years. We did enjoy a few visits to the one in PA (Mt. Hope). It was a lot of fun!!! August - just a bit too hot - not sure I want to put up with the heat if I don't need to and since it is not close to us - hours a way - it would be at least an overnight.

We have not been in quiet a few years. We did enjoy a few visits to the one in PA (Mt. Hope). It was a lot of fun!!! August - just a bit too hot - not sure I want to put up with the heat if I don't need to and since it is not close to us - hours a way - it would be at least an overnight.
There is a great one in NY, just to let you know.
https://renfair.com/ny/
It runs from August-October.

What are people looking forward to the most at their local fairs this year?
We went to the Chocolate Festival in Oakdale last weekend. $6 a person to get in, and parking was free. Lots of chocolate, car show, a few hot food vendors, and way too many people selling junk. Lots of folks still wearing masks.
The County Fair is underway here. $12 a person to get in, $10 to park, after last weekend, we are kind of reminded of how much fairs have declined in the last decade, long before the pandemic started. They used to have lots of free things to do and shows to watch. Now most fairs are just a bunch vendors. Why should I pay $12 to just get sales pitches from people selling solar panels, bootleg Disney DVDs, home improvements, pots, pans and other junk.

We went to the Chocolate Festival in Oakdale last weekend. $6 a person to get in, and parking was free. Lots of chocolate, car show, a few hot food vendors, and way too many people selling junk. Lots of folks still wearing masks.
The County Fair is underway here. $12 a person to get in, $10 to park, after last weekend, we are kind of reminded of how much fairs have declined in the last decade, long before the pandemic started. They used to have lots of free things to do and shows to watch. Now most fairs are just a bunch vendors. Why should I pay $12 to just get sales pitches from people selling solar panels, bootleg Disney DVDs, home improvements, pots, pans and other junk.
Renaissance fairs haven’t changed much though. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter