Will you get a stimulus check and how much?

In my mind, if your job is stable and you are getting zero, that's a good thing. That's the situation we're in and I have no issues with it. I actually think the thresholds are pretty generous.
I can only speak for myself but the $1200 we'll receive for our household of 3 does help to offset some of our losses. I can't complain because we are fortunate enough to still be bringing in some income, even if it's less now.

More than I want or need. I'm still working and so is my SO both of us will continue to do so since he has his own IT business and has always worked from home and I work for a 2 person IT company that works for Doctors so essential (I'm the bookkeeper so double essential). I only work 2 days a week since I've been gearing up for retirement. I actually took some 401K out last year which pushed me above the $75 K, otherwise I would have gotten all of it. I plan on donating whatever I get to the women's shelter since I don't need it.

Curious about the folks getting zero. Are you in a high cost of living thus needing the money (from the upset response to it)? or just have not saved alot of money? From what I read you get zero is your over 200k a year together. Our family will be getting some money but we will most likely be donating half to help our community.

Honestly I saw this just because it showed while I sorted by new. I don't usually browse the budget board. I'm single without dependents so you can't make over $99k, which is solidly middle class where I live. I live comfortably but that doesn't mean I don't like stretching my money. I am always watching for good deals.

Honestly I saw this just because it showed while I sorted by new. I don't usually browse the budget board. I'm single without dependents so you can't make over $99k, which is solidly middle class where I live. I live comfortably but that doesn't mean I don't like stretching my money. I am always watching for good deals.
yea it kinda sucks that folks in high cost of living areas are being left out.

I claimed 2 dependents on my taxes, 17yo DD and 19yo DS, so it looks like I'll get 1200 and they will get nothing. 2020 I get to claim DD13, so will XH get screwed because he got to claim her in 2019, so he will get the stimulus, but they were just guesstimating and it will actually be based off 2020??

I am interested in seeing what DH will get, he claimed his 3 youngest as dependents, but let his XW claim the child credit on the oldest of the 3. Will he get the stimulus or will she? I guess in the long run, we get to claim all 3 for 2020, so we will get it and not her, but it is all definitely complicated enough....

If 2019 taxes were filed then they will use that amount.

So my son just turned 17. He qualified for the child tax credit when I filed our 2019 taxes since he was 16 last year. If it’s based off our 2019 tax returns wouldn’t he get the 500.00?

Maybe 1,200. I just guesstimated it because I am too tired to look for our taxes and we didn't file 2019 yet.

So my son just turned 17. He qualified for the child tax credit when I filed our 2019 taxes since he was 16 last year. If it’s based off our 2019 tax returns wouldn’t he get the 500.00?
I'm guessing if your son was still 16yo for all of 2019, he would get the $500. My 17yo dd turned 17 last Aug and she did not qualify for the child tax credit on our 2019 taxes so I am not expecting she will get the $500.

Curious about the folks getting zero. From what I read you get zero is your over 200k a year together.
We get nada.

We are fortunate to be in this category with 2 retirements + 2 full-time (essential) government jobs between us. We also live in a very high cost of living area while raising 4 kids. We are "not rich" as my teenagers tell me when they go to visit friends in their family mansions :laughing::laughing:

Last edited:
Nope - I’m still working full time and husband retired so we’re good ...I’m hoping our daughter is eligible though with a 2.5 yr old and an infant...

I don’t know. Not a single calculator or article has explained to what happens if you’re married but filed separately. I would expect it would be the same as single, but there are weird quirks with the status like not being able to directly find Roth IRAs.

So, I think we will get $3400. My dh's income is actually less than income for a single person. I do not work outside the home and we have 4 kids, but 2 of our kids are over 16yo, yet claimed by us, so they are in the forgotten group.

Not sure about our oldest. It will be based off our 2018 taxes and he worked and filed taxes but he turned 17 at the end of March 2018. And we did claim him as a dependent. So I’m not sure if he gets anything. Anyone know?

We get nada.

We are fortunate to be in this category with 2 retirements + 2 full-time (essential) government jobs between us. We also live in a very high cost of living area while raising 4 kids. We are "not rich" as my teenagers tell me when they go to visit friends in their family mansions :laughing::laughing:

If you have kids 16 and under, you may get something for them...I don't believe kids have income limits...

Not sure about our oldest. It will be based off our 2018 taxes and he worked and filed taxes but he turned 17 at the end of March 2018. And we did claim him as a dependent. So I’m not sure if he gets anything. Anyone know?
You will not get it for him. 2018 taxes were filed in 2019 and he was 17 for those taxes. Just as you will not get it for 2019 taxes (filed in 2020).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter