Will You Still Use Dvc When Your Children Are Older???

scousemouse67

Earning My Ears
Just wondering do people still use DVC when there childen are older and dont want to go to WDW? especially if you have 30/40 years

Cheers

Hi,

I´m now 46, DH is 42 and thinking about buying into DVC cause my children are now 21 and 24 and we always go alone. :goodvibes

Greets Renate :wizard:

In fact, we only bought in when ours had left home (now 26, 24 and 22). We have 270 points, enough to go each year but we don't. We prefer to let the family use them sometimes, bank some and when we do go, spend some time in a "nice" hotel. This September we are staying at our home resort of BCV and at GF Concierge level.

It never was intended that we'd "just" go to WDW, we like to travel too much to forfeit that.

It's always difficult to predict patterns like this because circumstances change along the way, but I envisage using our DVC in the same way as Gill - some for us to use without DDs, some for DDs to use on their own/with their own families (?), some for get-togethers with family and friends, and some to trade for other destinations.

Hmmm, looks like we're going to need some more points! ;) :teeth:

Before we moved here, Jana and I had used the DVC points for quite a lot of stays as just a couple.

Since moving here I've booked a room for my DDs to share while they were staying here in Florida so they had a few days on Disney, round the pool , to relax while Jana and I were at work. We then met up in the evenings to have dinner. I've also rented some of the points to my Sister and her husband for a similar type stay.
While I don't expect to be using the points to stay on WDW very often myself in the future, I'll use them myself to go down to Vero or up to HH and stay for our vacations and either give the bookings to my kids when they come over to visit or rent the points out to friends/relatives. Hopefully Jan and I will get enough time to use most of the points ourselves on beach stays and I've always REALLY wanted to rent one of the beach cottages at Vero for a family stay so that should be possible to do now in "low season"

Oh undoubtedly :)

I must confess we bought them for ourselves really :teeth: though we let the children come too ;)

scousemouse67: Just wondering do people still use DVC when there childen are older and dont want to go to WDW?
:rotfl2: Our son persuaded us to buy when he was 16 and had done years of WDW and knew that his days of holidays with mum and dad were tailing off (he did manage a couple more ;) ) He's banking on our being extinct (or at least a bit long in the tooth) to use the points ourselves towards the end of the contract. In the meantime though ........... I intend to get my money's worth from them and have done very well so far. I love Vero Beach and this year I'll be doing Hilton Head too, so plenty of variety - why wouldn't I want to go to great accommodations in good locations? DVC is part of my retirement plan when the time comes ::yes::

Final footnote, at the age of 25, he and DG (or should that be GF?) are once again joining us on a large family gathering at WDW in a few weeks' time.

I feel the same way as Miffy. We first went to WDW before we had our DD.

I fell in love with WDW on that first visit and love it even more today. DD can come with us as much as she likes in the future, but I will always want to go. Hopefully the money we will save in future years by being DVC owners will mean we can have two or three holidays a year. One to Disney and one or two somewhere else.

I think about Disney all the time. DD and DH think I am mad!!

Susan

No kids here also, and we bought in at 37/33 years old..
I don't know if I'll be using the points at 75 or renting them out, it depends on health etc. I just know I love Disney, it keeps me young, so I see myself going for a long time to come. We probably won't be rushing round the park with our zimmer frames ;), but that's the beauty of WDW, there's so much more to do!

And there's also all the other options....Hilton Head is lovely, were going to Vero later this year, and we still have so many exchanges we still want to do...

Aruna

you bet but knowing our luck dvc would have expired (2042)
Paulh

Well we only joined last year, @ SSR so when our lease runs out we will be long gone, (I'm 51, my wife is 50). Our 2 sons will really reap the benefit, (we had the contracts made up as 2 seperate deeds). We look forward to visiting many of the Consierge properties, & have just enjoyed a lovely 22 day vacation all over WDW staying in 5 seperate properties. We love taking our holidays in USA, & the thought of staying in so many different regions/hotels really appeals to us.Also the fact that it has all been payed for makes it all the more enjoyable. Then there is the option of visiting all those resorts with Interval International, I could go on & on, but the key word is "flexibility", enough said.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter