• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Windsor Hills Dave / AirBnB

JGoodish

Earning My Ears
Anyone know if there's a trick to communicating with him?

I've read through many, many threads on here and elsewhere that praise Vacation Central Florida and Dave Robinson. It certainly appears from many of the pictures that his units (or the units he represents) are generally finished in "low end" style, which is somewhat understandable for units used exclusively as rentals. I am somewhat concerned about are things like mattress quality, known facility closures, and other details about specific units.

The problem is that communicating with Dave/VCF has been rather frustrating. He did respond to one e-mail within 24 hours, did not respond to the follow-up, and no one seems to answer the phone--ever--at the number published on his web site. Most of my questions/concerns about specific units could probably be answered in less than 5 minutes on the phone, but I'm hesitant to rent an unknown unit from someone who doesn't communicate very well. My experience certainly seems to be the exception based on what I've read, so I'm curious as to what I'm doing wrong.

By contrast, another firm I've contacted, Florida Sun, does seem to pick up the phone and are very cordial. Have no idea how cordial they are if you encounter a problem with one of their units.

Another option that I am considering is AirBnB, as it seems that I could get a little bit more for a little bit less, but in places such as Emerald Isle or Mystic Dunes. However, I've never booked through AirBnB. Are their reviews generally pretty reliable, or are they "scrubbed?"

Thanks,
JKG

No experience with VCF, but they have a facebook page. Have you tried that?

Honestly, if you aren't getting a response, I would just look elsewhere. There are other ways to book WH homes.

Anyone know if there's a trick to communicating with him?

I've read through many, many threads on here and elsewhere that praise Vacation Central Florida and Dave Robinson. It certainly appears from many of the pictures that his units (or the units he represents) are generally finished in "low end" style, which is somewhat understandable for units used exclusively as rentals. I am somewhat concerned about are things like mattress quality, known facility closures, and other details about specific units.

The problem is that communicating with Dave/VCF has been rather frustrating. He did respond to one e-mail within 24 hours, did not respond to the follow-up, and no one seems to answer the phone--ever--at the number published on his web site. Most of my questions/concerns about specific units could probably be answered in less than 5 minutes on the phone, but I'm hesitant to rent an unknown unit from someone who doesn't communicate very well. My experience certainly seems to be the exception based on what I've read, so I'm curious as to what I'm doing wrong.

By contrast, another firm I've contacted, Florida Sun, does seem to pick up the phone and are very cordial. Have no idea how cordial they are if you encounter a problem with one of their units.

Another option that I am considering is AirBnB, as it seems that I could get a little bit more for a little bit less, but in places such as Emerald Isle or Mystic Dunes. However, I've never booked through AirBnB. Are their reviews generally pretty reliable, or are they "scrubbed?"

Thanks,
JKG

You're dealing with someone who rents at bottom basement prices. You should probably expect that the amenities will be reflective of the rental prices offered. I believe VCF books mostly in Windsor Hills. We vacation there several times a year and really enjoy that resort over many others we have stayed at in the area. We have found www.windsorhillsofficialrentals.com to be a reliable site to find a rental unit. You can connect directly with owners on that site.

I have tried Air BnB and Homeaway before and found some of the issues concerning. First is the fees they charge just to connect you with the owners and specifically AirBnB wont let you connect with the owner unless you are going through their site. I like to know who I'm renting from and want to communicate with them directly.

I have heard that he can be very rude and insulting when other have complained online about him....though I have absolutely no experience and no first hand knowledge. There are plenty of other avenues to rent units at WH...I would be very concerned when someone doesn't answer my calls or I can not get in touch with them. What happens if/when there is an issue?

I would try windsorhillsofficialrentals. I believe they are fully vetted home owners and they will quote you several different options

Folks,

Thanks. I don’t have anything bad to say about Dave, but it is true that I was never able to get him on the phone and he wasn’t that responsive via email. By contrast, most of the VRBO/AirBnB and Bonnet Creek timeshare rental folks responded almost instantly and repeatedly.

I suspect that folks like Dave have a good volume business and as long as they don’t do anything super shady, they don’t have to be responsive because folks will book with them anyway. Good for them, but I’d like to know more about what I’m getting into before I commit and have a comfort level with the person with whom I am doing business.

JKG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter