Windsor Hills pool construction?

sherry7

DIS Veteran
Yesterday, I requested quotes from Windsor Hills condos and town homes. A couple of the owners that replied mentioned pool construction, scheduled to begin in September, and mentioned it may or may not be finished by our trip in late November. Has anyone else heard about this? Any other info?

I have read that the resort is adding new water slides and a splash pad for kids near the current pool. The construction is expected to take a few months. I believe that the pool will be closed a few days per week but not all. I recall that they will have a schedule posted so guests know which days the pool will be closed

I have read that the resort is adding new water slides and a splash pad for kids near the current pool. The construction is expected to take a few months. I believe that the pool will be closed a few days per week but not all. I recall that they will have a schedule posted so guests know which days the pool will be closed
Thank you for the reply. I'm sure the end result will be great. I love staying at Windsor Hills, but I believe I'll try somewhere else for this trip to avoid the construction noise and possible pool closure.

OP here....
I just called the Windsor Hills office. The lady I spoke to told me that the plans aren't set in stone yet, but will be soon. The tentative plan is for the construction to start in June. The hot tub will be closed until shortly before Christmas. It is being moved and made larger. They will be putting in new slides, and an interactive water feature for the kids (buckets, water guns, etc). She said the pool will not close, but the hot tub will be.

OH NO!!!! We have our trip in October booked there :( Now I have to start complaining and try to get a refund. This sucks.

If it is just the hot tub, I have no clue why people would be upset. The last thing I want to do when it is 95+ temps and 90% humidity is to get into a hot tub. The pool water will be warm enough unless it has geothermal cooling to keep it around 78.

OP here....
I just called the Windsor Hills office. The lady I spoke to told me that the plans aren't set in stone yet, but will be soon. The tentative plan is for the construction to start in June. The hot tub will be closed until shortly before Christmas. It is being moved and made larger. They will be putting in new slides, and an interactive water feature for the kids (buckets, water guns, etc). She said the pool will not close, but the hot tub will be.

Awesome. I'll be there in October. I'm
glad to hear this, as I was a little disappointed the existing splash pad has been out of order for quite some time. Hopefully by October they'll be up & running! I don't care about the hot tub. Lol

I've been watching for this info, and this is latest I've seen, but I haven't been there in person since it began supposedly in Sept, so I'd love to hear from anyone who has.

The Pool Enhancement Project is a major refurb around the north section of the pool deck, tentatively scheduled to begin the week of September 18. It is scheduled to be completed by the January 31, 2018.
We do not anticipate closing the community pool except for a few hours at a time during the project and we will clearly post details on any closures at various places around the community, specifically in the Ventura elevators, the Clubhouse breezeway and the Front Guard House. Updated information will also be available at the Welcome Center.
The final construction product will be a variation of what was posted last year on the owner’s forum that got everyone really excited!
Highlights:
1. The existing hot tub spa will be removed. This is where the interactive water feature for children will be located!
2. A new spa/hot tub will be built in the location of the existing dancing waters. The new spa will be oval shape and about 10’ by 15’. A little larger than the current spa. It will be flush with the pool deck. The construction of the new hot tub is scheduled to start mid-October 2017!
3. Dueling slides, 2 slides, side by side, with a run out vs. being dumped into a pool like the current slide! The dueling slide will be built between the interactive water feature and the pool entrance to Ventura.
4. The Ventura pool entrance will be moved over about 20 feet east.

We visited earlier this month. There is construction going on but none of the pool area or community center was affected. They have tall fences with black cloth between the pool area and where they are doing work. It wasn't loud or dusty either. We had a nice time, enjoyed the pool on numerous days and weren't negatively affected by what they were doing. I am now looking at dates in the spring to see when we can go back and use the new water slides and splash park. They had drawings posted and it looks to be pretty fun!

Also, we were expecting to see some evidence of the hurricane but didn't find much. We saw a few tarps on the roofs of a few condo buildings but the rest of the resort didn't seem to have been affected at all. In case anyone was wondering...

We just returned. The pool was open, the water slide was open. We had nothing to compare it to, but it wasn't an issue for us.
There was no hot tub and there was obviously work being done behind the fences but it certainly didn't disrupt using the pool area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter